It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for a 'Prophesy Calendar'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I find it hard to keep up with all the prophecies and predictions going on at any given time. There are the "world is going to end" ones, the "alien disclosure" ones, the "something big is gonna happen but I won't tell you what it is" ones...etc.

I suggest ATS implement a calendar or timeline to put all the predictions into one easy-to-see view. Something that shows basic info on a prediction/prophesy, like: date of occurrence, date of prediction, what will happen, name of user that made the prediction.

I'm not talking about a static jpg of all current predictions; ideally it would be a dynamic, ongoing graphic calendar showing the status of all current and past predictions. If someone at ATS (or a member with the skills) can create the code and get the calendar online, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would gladly fill in the blanks by going over past threads and adding them to the calendar.

Aside from allowing members to keep track of pending predictions, such a calendar will allow ATS members to see which predictions have come true (not very many); which ones have failed (almost all of them); and who is making all these predictions. A side benefit of such a feature would be to keep frivolous predictions from being posted. Sort of a "put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is" forum.

Thanks for considering,
Avocado Shag
edit on 18-7-2011 by avocadoshag because: Edited title

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
Aside from allowing members to keep track of pending predictions, such a calendar will allow ATS members to see which predictions have come true (not very many); which ones have failed (almost all of them); and who is making all these predictions.
edit on 18-7-2011 by avocadoshag because: Edited title

I think you answered your own question with the above.

Too much effort required to design, test and implement the thing considering there would be hardly any return value and I'd see the calender becoming a springboard for personal attacks on other members as their "predictions" would be visible to a greater amount of users in comparison to their predictions simply being made in threads which might not catch everyone's eye.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just go ahead and assume that there is a prediction made for whatever day it is. Also assume it was bogus.

It's what I do.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It may not be quite so time-and-effort intensive if a free tool was utilized. Google Calendars could help us achieve it; the problem there would be moderating who got to edit the calendar, and that would require a fairly large amount of effort for an admin.

The return would have the potential to be pretty large. There would finally be a single place that we skeptics could point to as proof that these predictions pretty much always fail, rather than just asserting it.

It would also generate some pretty fun discussion about how ATS MUST be censoring the correct predictions !!!!1111!!!111oneone!

Or a private member of the boards could compile them together onto a web-page.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Just go ahead and assume that there is a prediction made for whatever day it is. Also assume it was bogus.

It's what I do.

Not true...
My prediction is that unless I apologize to my wife... I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight...
now there is a Prophesy you can bank on
edit on 18-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It doesn't sound like there's much interest in this idea. Death_Kron, my thoughts were that such an open forum would deter people from making frivolous predictions.

Solasis, Google calendar or something like it was what I envisioned; I agree that it would be difficult for one person to maintain. It would have to be open to any member who could fill in the blanks. I'm sure there are other free apps or plugins that could handle the job. I don't know how it would integrate with ATS though.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That calendar would be full of the same predictions, with a whole lot of (Need to reschedule my prediction) updates.

I can predict rainfall for any of the next 30 days, it may or may not come true, if not, then i move my prediction ahead for another 30 days. It will come true eventually.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

The problem with having it open to absolutely everyone is that trolls or people who didn't want to admit their failures would change it all the time.

new topics

top topics

join