It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OLYMPICS:Opening ceremony visual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I"m sure that many of you are watching the olympics right now and for those of you who saw the opening ceremony i have a question.

How do you think they got those "DNA" strands to rotate like that? In particular i am concerned about the very end when they form a spiral helix with very definite endpoints. Earlier, when they were just floating around, it was easy to assume that they were projected through a mist. But then they started to form angles with each other and cross each other and then they formed a very definite spiral helix that looked very 3-dimensional and again the strands had very definite endpoints.

My guess is holographic but i didin't know the technology had progressed that far. Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Maybe the lasers were on tracks around the stadium, as they zoomed around, the lights in the mist zoomed around also.

Just an idea

Alot like how the fireworks were shooting up around the stadium

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well i must confess i didn't see anything except that part of the opening ceremony. The problem with just saying the mist got mroe controlled is that leaves too much margin for error. What if they get a draft? What if the mist comes out of the machine in a swirling pattern? the effect won't work, that's what. SO i don't think it was just fog.

new topics

join