It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian troops invade Iraq, take control of 3 Kurdish bases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Oh boy.

Report: Iranians seize Kurdish bases in Iraq

Iran's official news agency says Revolutionary Guard forces have taken control of three bases of an Iranian Kurdish opposition group in neighboring Iraq.

IRNA quoted Colonel Delavar Ranjbarzadeh, a local Guard commander, as saying on Monday that many members of the Iranian Kurdish opposition group PEJAK have been killed in fierce clashes on the border over the past two days.

Please America, don't do anything... which they have let Iran do in the past... when it was limited incursion and bombing of Kurds... but now taking actual control of Kurds military bases...
edit on 18-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Don't do anything? The USA pretty much is running Iraq right now, and chances are this PEJAK group is radicalized by the CIA like every other "opposition" group out there. Just bait to get the Iranians to make the first move. Is this going to be the event that gets us involved in a war with Iran?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Not ``chances are``... it's been well known for years that the US and Israel have trained the kurds. Of course the excuse back then was to ``be part of the Iraqi army`` or ``be part of the resistance against Saddam``...

And yes, this could set it all off. But since the US have closed their eyes in the past, maybe they will too this time?

If CNN/Fox/MSNBC picks it up, then I think it's bad news.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Iran sent thousands of troops to the north for this reason, US was well aware of it, and the Iraqi government. Iran clearly stated that the troops are sent to neutralize the threat posed by those bases. Iran has accused US and Europe of supporting terrorist groups to attack Iran, and giving them safe haven in US controlled Iraq.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
please God, no!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
let there be peace, peace and peace.......

kx

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It already happened in 2006.
Read: BBC news
It didn't start a war back then so i hope it wont start now.
Lets keep positive thoughts and hope everything will end peacefully.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Oh boy.

Report: Iranians seize Kurdish bases in Iraq

Iran's official news agency says Revolutionary Guard forces have taken control of three bases of an Iranian Kurdish opposition group in neighboring Iraq.

IRNA quoted Colonel Delavar Ranjbarzadeh, a local Guard commander, as saying on Monday that many members of the Iranian Kurdish opposition group PEJAK have been killed in fierce clashes on the border over the past two days.

Please America, don't do anything... which they have let Iran do in the past... when it was limited incursion and bombing of Kurds... but now taking actual control of Kurds military bases...

Don't do anything? The USA pretty much is running Iraq right now, and chances are this PEJAK group is radicalized by the CIA like every other "opposition" group out there. Just bait to get the Iranians to make the first move. Is this going to be the event that gets us involved in a war with Iran?

I would dare say... No.

Why not?

(While this theory of mine may one day prove to be untrue...)

Again... as I've said before... Nothing ever happens. That is why nothing will happen

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Given the fact that the whole middle-east has been flaring up more so then usual (saying it lightly, I know) I think there is a likely hood of this particular situation heating up furthermore unfortunately. :/

However, good find and let's hope for the best!

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
ITS ABOUT TIME

Now they can fight the invading occupying forces out of Irak

FREE IRAK
FREE GAZA

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is a country that threatens to take millions of people off the map, and you people on this thread are saying don’t do anything, peace, etc? Wake up. How dumb is that? America doesn’t want another war, but will not tolerate a terrorist nation imposing its will on another. This is a country that doesn’t believe the holocaust happened. This is a country that beats, mames, buthers, rapes its women and provides no rights for them to speak out. Yet you people on this thread are sticking up for them. This is a country that threatens its citizens, promotes terrorism and the deaths of thousands around the world and yet you people chant peace? How stupid are you?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

America doesn’t want another war, but will not tolerate a terrorist nation imposing its will on another.

America doesn't tolerate itself then.

This is a country that doesn’t believe the holocaust happened. This is a country that beats, mames, buthers, rapes its women and provides no rights for them to speak out.

Wrong. This is a GOVERNMENT not a country, that does that. Most Iranians are just like us. They hate their government and want more freedom.

This is a country that threatens its citizens, promotes terrorism and the deaths of thousands around the world

Just like the US government.

Let the region take care of it. Let Saudi Arabia, Israel and Iraq take care of it. America sure doesn't need another war, especially not a land war in Iran.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well, I guess if we needed a better reason to attack Iran other than nuclear ambitions, this would be it.

Make no mistake, an attack on Iran is imminent, and has been for some time, this could very well be their mess-up that starts it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
This is a country that threatens to take millions of people off the map, and you people on this thread are saying don’t do anything, peace, etc? Wake up. How dumb is that? America doesn’t want another war, but will not tolerate a terrorist nation imposing its will on another. This is a country that doesn’t believe the holocaust happened. This is a country that beats, mames, buthers, rapes its women and provides no rights for them to speak out. Yet you people on this thread are sticking up for them. This is a country that threatens its citizens, promotes terrorism and the deaths of thousands around the world and yet you people chant peace? How stupid are you?

Are you stoned?

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't know if it will happen or not, but suppose we do attack Iran, it has a LOT of BENEFITS for the West!!

Saudi Arabia can maintain permanent control of Bahrain. They are already there, but Iran is fuming about it, and saying they won't let it last.

Puppet western government in Egypt can remain.

Qaddafi will have no allies, puppet western government can be set up there.

There will be nobody to keep Israel in check, and Syria and Lebanon will be toppled.

Gaza and Palestinian state will be a memory. Israel can settle and expand.

No more safe haven for insurgents. Iraq can stabilize.

Pakistan will be entirely surrounded, and even more pressure can be applied, and maybe even a future invasion of Pak. We gain more ground in relations with India, and India becomes the new China. India is on pace to out grow China, and by alienating Pakistan, we further befriend India. With corporate and state money pouring into India, China loses its recent economic power, and ceases to be a threat.

Russia loses a powerful economic ally and is forced to deal with the West instead of directly with Iran.

An invasion of Iran equals a New World Order.
NATO + Israel + Saudi Arabia and western controlled Middle East + India = NWO
Weaker China, and Weaker Russia = unilateral power by the West

Welcome to the future.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Your right. I cant argue with stupid. My father always told me that.
Wonder what the world be like without US involvement? Most of the world would be destoryed, in anarchoy, chaos, or you would be speaking German. So instead of calling us a terrorist state, which you know we are not, a simple thank you will do just fine. Speaking of which, name one terrorist attack that the United Nations has found the United States guilty of in the last twenty years.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Nope, just educated. Unlike yourself. It’s called reading. Left to right. Up to down. Words to form sentences. Take Tylenol for any headaches. Try it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

So instead of calling us a terrorist state

Your government is a terrorist. Which most of the world, including Americans agree on.

Wonder what the world be like without US involvement?

Iran would be a democracy. Pakistan wouldn't be the terrorist heaven it is now. Russia would have kicked Germany's butt (yeah they didn't need America to pull it off)... A lot of stuff would be different.

Speaking of which, name one terrorist attack that the United Nations has found the United States guilty of in the last twenty years.

The UN? Are you kidding? The UN gave a freaking nobel peace prize to Obama and Kissinger.... Two war criminals. You think they gonna say the US government is guilty of anything?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Opinion
Opinion
Opinion

You bring nothing to the table. Your opinions are useless, and really sad. Like I said. Go back to school. Open a history book. IT helps. I promise.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Nope, just educated. Unlike yourself. It’s called reading. Left to right. Up to down. Words to form sentences. Take Tylenol for any headaches. Try it.

READ AS FOLLOWS: LEFT TO RIGHT, UP TO DOWN, IF YOUR JAPANESE, RIGHT TO LEFT, UP TO DOWN.

Well, my question was purely out of curiosity, I only quoted that to grab your attention my good sir, You have no grounds to call me uneducated. Apologise or I will report you.

Have a nice day.

Jamie.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join