It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thats one deep hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) -- Cave explorers discovered a pit inside a mountain range in central Croatia believed to have the world's deepest subterranean vertical drop, at nearly 1,700 feet, a scientific institute reported Monday.

At the foot of the Velebit cave are small ponds and streams, including one of the largest known colonies of subterranean leeches, Sutlovic Baksic said

very deep hole

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Die Trying]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow, all i have to say is wow

I would love to climb down this!

The Voronya Cave in Georgia's West Caucasus has the world's deepest cavern, measuring 5,610 feet. But the pit discovered in Croatia is thought to have the largest underground vertical drop.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Now that's something id like to climb down and then climb back up it right up my street that is dam big hole any pictures on it.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
havnt found any yet... i cant read the teams website its in croatian

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Die Trying]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I wonder how long before some "dare devils" want to go and jump it ?

That is one deep hole. It would be neat to go see it for real !

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
5,000 feet... that's insane! If you went to, say, Nebrask and tunnelled down to sea level, that's about how deep that thing is.

This cave... 1700 feet, wow... umm, I'll have to look it up later, but a good thing for comaprison would be the Grand Canyon. Some parts of the Grand Canyon are 1700 feet deep! I can imagine 1700 feet, but that's because I live in the Rocky Mountain region (foothill region, actually...) and when I go from Cheyenne up to Independence Canyon, or anywhere in that area, I go up about that much. It's insane! Man, I would love to go spelunking in that cave! My longest rope is only 200 feet, though.

top topics

join