It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I killed Satan in a dream. Can anybody interpret this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
OPer, my question was a serious one - what color were its eyes?

I ask because I had a similar dream.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

No scientology for me, that’s the only thing I hate, is that they put it out, however the information contained with in is of a factual history and is playing out in every school in America today, I look at it as one of those things like don’t shoot the messenger, if the information is true I don’t care who brought it to light.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

They didn't really stand out, which leads me to believe they were brown.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I'm checking it out now. Thanks. I will let you know what I think when I'm done watching them

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
reply to post by 2012srb

They didn't really stand out, which leads me to believe they were brown.

In my dream, the eyes were gold and she was wearing black and red with a white priest collar.

She was seen next to the dark side of earth.
edit on 7/18/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

No, I would have noticed if her eyes were golden in my dream. Strange that she was female in yours..
She was wearing a red white and black suit though. A mans suit.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Okay well I apologize then for saying that. I was mistaken.

Look writing off the science of mental health because of experimentation that took place years ago or takes place in some form still is equivalent to writing off modern space exploration and pharmacology all because they were advanced by the Nazis.

Like any field there are good people and raving lunatics. When I decided to study Psychology it was because I have a deep interest in the human mind and why we get held up by certain thoughts and emotions. I wanted to find a way to help people to clear those blocks. I cannot speak for every one entering that profession but those reasons are mine.

Psychology is something we all do every day, something that we interact with all of the time, so it is really in our own best interests to be aware and educated about it. If for nothing else then only so we can better understand and operate ourselves

edit on 18/7/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Agreed there is good and bad in all things and yes the study of mind and behavior in its self is not a bad thing, the problem comes down to and it is my pet peeve if you will, is the drugs, like the movie lays out, you can go to 10 different so called doctors and get 10 different prescriptions all in support of what drug rep they are dealing with that month. It’s a multi billion dollar business without one single cure on record. We find out years latter after a new drug hits the market, it’s a bad drug, or just read the warning labels on anything today even over the counter stuff, it is killing us all, people need to wake up and get off these drugs prescribed or not. Talking to someone is great and people need to due that I agree and that part of the psychology industry I have no problem with I have friends in the field, just stop giving out the drugs they do more harm then good.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by 2012srb

No, I would have noticed if her eyes were golden in my dream. Strange that she was female in yours..
She was wearing a red white and black suit though. A mans suit.

In my dream her outfit was very much like those in Star Trek: TNG but crossed with the robes worn by cardinals at the Vatican.

A black tunic with small red buttons down the front and red piping along the edges, white priest collar, black pants, black boots.

ETA: She was androgynous in my dream but tended toward the female.
edit on 7/18/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i think you had to much cheese and chocolate be for you went to bed ;(
annny way, now we know!

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dream interpretation should really start with recent real-life experiences. When we sleep our mind is busy processing all of the information we have presented to it for processing.

For the most part, if you really think about it, you can attribute almost every part of a dream to something that has happened to you, or to something that you have seen, as in a movie or a story that you have read.

There are people that believe that messages are delivered in dreams. There are people that believe that dreams are some sort of dimensional travel.

I feel that you should try to examine which parts of the dream can be linked to things that have actually happened to you and start there.

Please don't get freaked out. After all, they are YOUR dreams. You own them. You can learn from, and control them.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I don't agree with anti-depressants or anything like that to be honest. I'd much rather people found natural catharsis then had to depend on living in a drugged up stupor - so we have plenty of common ground there

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I've seen the beneficial effects of pharmaceuticals.

I worked with the mentally ill. Drugs made people who could barely function able to function with a modicum of independence.

Some psych drugs are literal lifesavers.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Dreams have no meaning. They are just ways our subconscious processes input data from our day to day lives.

Or:

You are second coming of Christ, here to save us all from Satan's evil.

Which one is more likely? (bearing in mind both Satan and Christ don't exist)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Dreams have no meaning. They are just ways our subconscious processes input data from our day to day lives.

Or:

You are second coming of Christ, here to save us all from Satan's evil.

Which one is more likely? (bearing in mind both Satan and Christ don't exist)

Way to regurge the old rancid.

Two of us had a similar dream. Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
For some reason I think it has something with your sexuality to do with.

Sounds like that you are afraid to accept that you are bi-sexual/homosexual.

Ofcourse, this may have nothing to do with it. Like rest of all the other comments.
No one can tell you what your dream means, only yourself can translate it.

You have to concider, that many things happen in a dream, and every single items in the dream has something to do with you. Also the feelings you get when you are in the given situation.

But good luck hunting for answers!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I didn't read the post, so this may have been mentioned,

Satan represents the darker side of our human nature, any time you kill someone/thing in a dream you are trying to get rid of those darker energies that you don't like about yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

Yes but 90% of the prescriptions are spurious at best. Prescribed with very little interaction by GPs, not even mental health professionals.

Everything has it's place but drugs should only be used after exhausting every other avenue towards wellness.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by 2012srb

Yes but 90% of the prescriptions are spurious at best. Prescribed with very little interaction by GPs, not even mental health professionals.

Everything has it's place but drugs should only be used after exhausting every other avenue towards wellness.

In an ideal world, we could practice straight holistic medicine.

In the real world, some people's chemistry is too off-balance to spend time screwing around with alternatives.

I can see you've never dealt with the seriously mentally ill.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Makes sense. So what would you suggest I do? See someone about it?

Your dreams revolve around your own life, day-to-day experiences and every symbol in your dream means something to you. It would be very difficult for someone to interpret your dream without knowing what those symbols mean to you and what you are going through. It's nothing to be frightened of. It could be an aspect of a relationship you are involved in or something at your workplace. I'd say those dreams show a lot of fear you are feeling involving a person or how you perceive yourself concerning a life situation. Ask yourself what your symbols represent(the dog) .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join