It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home reamidys and Removed Meds That Work VS Big Pharma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This probably belongs in Rants but it fit better here.
I suffer from leg cramps at night..I will have to get up and walk to make them stop .
Some time ago my Dr. prescribed ..Quinine ..and it WORKED..no more cramps then one day I went to refill my perscription and was told it had been taken off the market.

Went back to the Dr and was told they had something cheap that worked ..so for big Pharma to sell a high priced drug that didnt work as well they took Quinine off the market the new meds were 300dollars vs 30 for the Quinine

Over the counter Quinine leg cramp meds dont have the concentration of perscription Quinine but thats my only option unless someone knows of something else.

On a slightly different note I had a stomach ulser..I cured it by useing a tea made of two Tbl spoons of Honey and one tea spoon of ground cinnamon in one cup of boiling water drink three times a day..this healed my ulser.

Got me thinking what other homopathic cures are out there that Big Pharma doesnt want us to know about..? Are they telling us these cures are bad for us...Just to sell their high priced pills ?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I had leg cramps for a long time, finally got the doctor to run some blood work to see what was going on. Turns out I was very low in potassium. I take in higher potassium foods and the leg cramps are abated.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
I had leg cramps for a long time, finally got the doctor to run some blood work to see what was going on. Turns out I was very low in potassium. I take in higher potassium foods and the leg cramps are abated.

I was going to suggest magnesium and potassium. Both of these help me for leg cramps.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i use to get a mouth ulcer in the same place every few months and it hirt like :-#. One day i put some myrh oil on it and i felt it going down. Although it worked for I am not suggesting you try this....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling

Will try some potassium for a while and see.
Thanks

Also herd cabbage juice is great for ulcers

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I always look for an alternative to RX meds. For some reason I have had very strong reactions to the crap my MD likes to perscribe.

I have cured toenail fungus with tea tree oil and removed a mole (pencil eraser size) with blood root paste. Both plants are from Australia.
The prescription med for toenail fungus and athletes foot causes permanant liver damage.
I use a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water to cure heartburn (love me some tex-mex) and I use a pine tar poultice on my poultry if they are wounded.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

To answer your question in the OP, yes. We are being steered away from natural remedies and being redirected to big pharma and their synthetic drugs. Why? I'd reckon it must be money, as usual. Thusfar, we Americans are still allowed to use natural medicine, but for how much longer? The EU is cracking down on everything from vitamins to herbal meds and trying to ban all sorts of stuff: Protest at natural medicine ban - BBC

So I wonder how long it will be until the US government/FDA/AMA decide we should follow suit?

As a sidenote, my great-grandma swore by a diet of green tea and plain mashed taters (no gravy) for ulcers. I can vouch for green tea personally... I wonder what putting your ulcer concoction into a cup of green tea instead of plain water would do...?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

Probably will work fine as long as the water is boiling to male cinnamon tea
I also learned on the net that cabbage juce is good ..drink a quart a day..will have diarrea but it is the fastest way to heal ulsers..

Big pharma is out to treat the symtoms and not cure the cause of our ailments..Money is all they want..they dont want you healed..you would stop buying pills !

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

My old Dr. told me you can eat all the Jalapainos you want they will actually help the ulser
Just dont eat things like chips (Doritos) as they have sharp edges that iritate the ulser

Honey by itself is good in that it coats the stomach

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
i use to get a mouth ulcer in the same place every few months and it hirt like :-#. One day i put some myrh oil on it and i felt it going down. Although it worked for I am not suggesting you try this....

A spoon full of honey to coat the mouth sore and stop the iritation

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

My family swears by jalapenos! They really work for mild to moderate stomach pains Just beware of the burning sensation as they come out the other end.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A friend drinks pickle juice for leg cramps. Works almost instantly when he has a charlie horse. Just in case it isn't two lines long.

top topics

join