It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are presidents briefed about aliens/ufo's? reagan was (video)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Not only is the connection to "SERPO" make it highly likely to be a hoax but it reads like cheap science fiction.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

that's all the proof I needed...

TY for the links...

Talk about caught red handed...

i wonder if the ex-girlfriend was the one who turned in those scums...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The President who may very well know what the score is was George Bush I. He was in the CIA for many years and if i remember rightly was he not head of the CIA for some time? So i guess he would have had access for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

If you want to seriously look for anyone that "knows" they would be a member of an organization outside of the CIA and any other like it. The golden rule to keeping any secret is, keep it need to know. So many niche organizations exist in our government for that reason. CIA wouldn't need to know. Besides any such organization the only other people that would need to know would be their superiors, probably the president.

Anyone from the CIA or any other organization that stumbled upon something that didn't fall under their area would be told, you don't need to know. It would be left at that and it would never be heard of from them again.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

And who was Reagan's Vice President ?
That's right George H.W.Bush , former head of the CIA

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Ahhh! I was right then! I was not entirely sure. But yes surely head of CIA must have some inkling..i know everything is all compartmentalised and the CIA is primarily for earthly affairs etc but if national security of the USA is affected then yes surely that is something the head of the CIA should be aware of?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

And? Like I said, organizations like that operate on a need to know basis. One person knowing too much is also a bad idea. So you assume his privileges would make it more likely? It makes it less likely in my opinion. Loose lips sink ships and the more someone knows the further they can sink your ship (the united states government).

In the world of top secret rank can mean very little. So even if some Presidents were briefed it could be done on an individual basis.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think presidents are told only what they really need to know about this subject. It is most likley along the lines as to how much information can give them to keep them quite till there term is done.

I would think the conversation would be something like this:

President to CIA director: " so tell me, are we being visited by beings from other worlds?"

CIA director. " we have in the past recovered some evidence of this, however it is not conclusive and the research has ended in the late 80's"

President: " I would like to see such evidence."

Director: " Im sorry mr president, what was left has been either distroyed or sent to various privite sector companies for research, i doubt any of it still exsists seeing as we could not prove indefinitely what it was.

President: " I see, ....so did you hear I was 2 under par on my last round?"

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
But yes surely head of CIA must have some inkling..i know everything is all compartmentalised and the CIA is primarily for earthly affairs etc but if national security of the USA is affected then yes surely that is something the head of the CIA should be aware of?

If someone that has a name in the public eye knows, that's a big potential security leak. If it did exist it wouldn't surprise me if our theoretical organization may not lead to anyone important knowing the big picture. What I mean by that is, the best secrets can be held by denying the people involved in it knowledge beyond what's directly in front of them. They operate with zero accountability because what they do is too important to not consider anything necessary to fulfill their mandate an acceptable loss. They would only have one or two unknown people that know the entire picture. Those below them would simply accept that they do whatever their country asks of them. They follow orders no matter what and do not question.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
I got your message and I very much enjoyed your two postings here, as I had never read them before.
It was like watching Fail Safe.
As for Serpo, I know nothing much about it and it could be a hoax.

But as far as hoax’s go, ATS is too quick to accept EVERYTHING as a hoax. If the gov wants to cover something up they will claim it is a hoax. ATS should never think that just because someone calls something a hoax means it truly is a hoax. Because the liars out there want you to think it is all a hoax. And you play right into their hand by claiming things are a hoax without personally investigating them. There are many things on ATS people consider a hoax that have never been proven as such.

What we do know is that Reagan had 2 UFO sightings before he was President and that he was more into the UFO phenomenon than any other President. The speeches he gave and the things he did clearly show this. He would have known as much as any President, right up there with Truman, Eisenhower and the first Bush.

Though the story told here is true, Reagan did receive the UFO briefing, there are several things here that make me think this version is not accurate. Let’s start with Aztec and Eisenhower.

We know today that Aztec 1949 was an actual crash. There is no mention of that crash here. There is a mention of a crash in that year but they place it 4 hours away from Aztec and have it sitting for 2 years before anyone found it. The Aztec crash was more like a controlled crash landing and was basically witnessed before it happened. There were 16 bodies in that crash and the craft was almost completely intact. Why no mention of Aztec then?

In 1954. during the famous dentist episode, Eisenhower meet with ET’s at Holloman. We have multiple eyewitnesses that tell us so. Nixon knew this and being friends with Nixon means Reagan surely would have known this. So why would they be talking about Kennedy a decade later, and why would Reagan not bring up Ike?

There are other obvious questions here too, like LA ’42. If this Caretaker really knew about the history of UFO contact why would these things not be mentioned in the briefing?

Still, this is just like Majestic 12. Even if that paperwork is not official, what it talks about still happened. Alien craft exist and a panel of bigwigs was created to deal with it. Calling it Majority 12 does add a ring of authenticity to it. If you were trying to fake something, why change a known name?

What it all comes down to is that Reagan knew about alien craft, it became one of his hobbies and he was briefed about their interaction with the United States.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

There are many things on ATS people consider a hoax that have never been proven as such.

Post some examples of what you claim, you might change some minds here

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join