It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELEnin Disinformation Coverup by NASA Now Apparent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
However, your "critical thinking" is that of the mainstream, and all of the time.

Telling us that comets have no effect on disasters is proof of this, as that is a HIGHLY speculative and UNPROVEN hypothesis either way...some of us just happen to reside on the "yes it can" happen, since it just makes entirely too much sense that when you add ingredients to a mix something changes.

So do you believe that comets have an effect on disasters? or comets can cause disasters?
I'm trying to understand your first sentence.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

However, your "critical thinking" is that of the mainstream, and all of the time.

Telling us that comets have no effect on disasters is proof of this, as that is a HIGHLY speculative and UNPROVEN hypothesis either way...some of us just happen to reside on the "yes it can" happen, since it just makes entirely too much sense that when you add ingredients to a mix something changes.

So do you believe that comets have an effect on disasters? or comets can cause disasters?

Do you believe that they don't? You are aware that we have been undergoing a period of scientific change correct? You understand that new science is currently being sought to understand our own sun right? Can you say for sure that comets can not impact life here on Earth in no uncertain terms? If so, by what right or authority do you derive those claims?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
okay i wanna join the discussion. i find the op's post a bit at grabbing for straws. but i do see many on here convinced there is no companion star for our sun, even though many astrologers and scientists are not so quick to discount this theory. many say the brown dwarf would enter our immediate solar system.

i disagree and agree with the theories that if it is there it will not come by or past us. it will be repelled by our sun and its own magnetism. as in when 2 magnets oppose each other. now it would still have some major impacts on all the planets in our solar system just from the gravitational and electro-magnetic forces it will be contributing to the solar system, and most likely displacing comets or asteroids in the oort cloud. i have heard mention that there are some comets which may have been dislodged from there as of late.

what i am theorizing is that it could be in our solar system but never makes it in farther than the oort cloud. its in an eliptical orbit from the gravity from our sun keeps it there. would the gravity of the 2 also not repel them. this has been observed in other systems. as most or majority are binary systems. also they sure are very interested in this part of space and know as much about it as they do our oceans.

can anyone lead any credence to this theory? or just plainly debunk it? it would definitely cause the planets to go through some major trauma getting as close as the oort cloud. every debunker video show it entering our inner solar system. what if it doesnt? where is the video for its orbit only taking it close to the oort cloud?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: bad grammar

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Do you believe that they don't? You are aware that we have been undergoing a period of scientific change correct? You understand that new science is currently being sought to understand our own sun right? Can you say for sure that comets can not impact life here on Earth in no uncertain terms? If so, by what right or authority do you derive those claims?

Not sure how you extrapolated all of that out my NOT understanding the afore mentioned quote.

I am trying to understand the question in the first sentence.
Read it again:

So do you believe that comets HAVE AN EFFECTt on disasters? or comets CAN CAUSE disasters? I'm trying to understand your first sentence.

That in regards to this statement:

You know what never mind. I wasn't talking to you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MACchine
P.S. Paul called me and told me he had read my thread, and said it WAS Nibiru that caused them to break up.

This cracked me up. Kudos for humor!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Anyone who knows anything about it knows comet honda is the one that will destroy us. Sheesh. Truthfully though, I think tptb think there is a possibility that elenin will break up rounding the sun and thus destroy the earth in a fiery shower of terror from the sky. Good day.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
OP: I don't know about your claims regarding NASA but I do appreciate your insights on serial debunkers and their agendas. The center-piece of your OP is what is still an unanswered question for me. The crooked lines are a first and I've read all the explanations for them and they make alot of sense except they don't fit with the visual way that previous comets have been presented. Hale-Bopp was a comet that even still has no settled orbit but I've never seen any crooked lines in even postulated orbits. The poster who mentioned the app as at fault is interesting but again going by the visuals it seems like this same app has been used for other plottings, some hyperbolic, without crooked lines appearing. It would be nice to have a definitive answer that speaks to all points.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the way i look at it is, if weather forecasters can't accurately predict the weather, how can NASA/JPL accurately predict the path of the comet?..mathematics are involved in both...and we all know weather forecasters are never 100% right

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
so does this mean we are all going to die or maybe some will survive?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
if you're looking for a conspiracy surrounding C/2010 X1, check this out:
i1099.photobucket.com...
edit on 18-7-2011 by jedi_hamster because: i don't need a reason

Sound pretty nutty!

Where did you get/find this out? I'm very, very curious now.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Is it really all that far fetched to believe that they just fixed a little mistake because someone actually noticed it? Seems the simplest answer to me. Awful lot of unwarranted self importance IMO.

It seems even more far fetched that someone not affiliated with NASA has to point out a mistake that NASA employees would be looking at every day.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It seems even more far fetched that someone not affiliated with NASA has to point out a mistake that NASA employees would be looking at every day.

Except that NASA employees don't look at it every day. It is software. A NASA drudge enters orbital parameters in the database as it comes in. No-one at NASA may even see the product, unless they get worried about a new NEO and need to visualize the orbit.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by jude11

Except that NASA employees don't look at it every day. It is software. A NASA drudge enters orbital parameters in the database as it comes in. No-one at NASA may even see the product, unless they get worried about a new NEO and need to visualize the orbit.

I can see that as a possibility.

I just find it as strange that no one at NASA noticed it if it was a mistake. Even the program itself would have a default script to identify such a miscalculation. IMO.

Bet then again, I'm not there.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed
the way i look at it is, if weather forecasters can't accurately predict the weather, how can NASA/JPL accurately predict the path of the comet?..mathematics are involved in both...and we all know weather forecasters are never 100% right

It's completely different mathematics. Am orbital trajectory of a space object has fewer things that can affect it, mainly only the gravity pull of the sun and other planets. There will be some margin for error, but that error wouldn't be in the order of 'millions of miles', which would be required for elenin to impact us.

Elenin is not going to hit us.

st.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I can see that as a possibility.

I just find it as strange that no one at NASA noticed it if it was a mistake. Even the program itself would have a default script to identify such a miscalculation. IMO.

Bet then again, I'm not there.

It isn't a mistake or miscalculation as such, its just the way the program was originally created.

The boring bit...

In order to display something on a computer screen in 3 dimensions, you have to plot points. So for an orbital trajectory (circle), you plot points and join those points with lines. The more points you plot, the smoother the circle, the less points you plot, the more angular the circle appears.
My guess is that the program uses a fixed number of points, as Elenin has a long distance orbit, then the number of points to create the orbital circle got stretched out, resulting in the angular appearance.

Someone probably emailed NASA about it, maybe even a few people. So they fixed it. No big deal.

st.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
hi
i just have a couple questions.. im a skeptic by nature but i get pulled in sometimes lol

if nibiru/planex/elenin is out there and its way bigger than jupiter and it has 2 /3 planets/moons orbiting it.and the reason we cant see it is only because its a brown dwarf star thats reflects no light.. well why cant we still see the
PLANETS that are orbiting it???

they all dont reflect any light either???

and if the government/nasa is lieing and hiding everything about this comet whey the hell would the name it ELENIN just for fun?? lie lie lie lie lie then tell us that?? cmon man

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Do you believe that they don't?

Wow - both answering a question wit ha question, AND using argument from ignorance all in such a short sentence!!

You are aware that we have been undergoing a period of scientific change correct? You understand that new science is currently being sought to understand our own sun right? Can you say for sure that comets can not impact life here on Earth in no uncertain terms? If so, by what right or authority do you derive those claims?

He didn't make any claims in the piece you quoted - he was asking you about your claims.

so what is this new science that backs up your claims? What has new understanding of the sun got to do with comets causing disasters?

We are pretty sure that comets can impact life on earth - quite literally, but you seem to be claiming that they can do so without actually hitting the earth - is that correct?

If so what is your evidence? If not then please clear up the misconception.

Thanks in advance.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Someone spelled the name in a dark way and stirred the pot! did y2k happened?? And so what if someday some comet or asteroid hits us. If you survive you probably will soon die from robberies or other kind of chaos that will rule the world.

So don't worry be happy .. go out and do fun things then to figure out what could happen ,and who you can save. Because people will never listen. You know what I think that 2/3 of the population are blessed that this will happen if it happens, because they have suffered all their lives by poverty and wars and what so ever.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

NASA and JPL use those same mathematics to send space probes to their various destinations quite accurately.

We have understood orbital mechanics for 400 years, since Kepler and Newton.

Predicting the weather requires plotting hundreds of constantly changing variables and is something completely different.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join