It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are OOBE's Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
When you have an OOBE are you dreaming? Or is this actual real time. Could someone write a number on a piece of paper that you didn't see and place it in a locked room and then you could go through the wall into that room and read the actual number. I'm sort of confused about this. I'm not a religious person and I really don't know what to believe, but this would prove that you have a sort of soul and that after you die you could most likely just float around as a ghost.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
no NOT dreams.....an actuall real time experiance.
When it is a dream...that is called lucid dreaming.....

The OOBE experiance is a fully consious state of actually leaving your body and floating around in your spirit form.

No doubt about that in my mind whatsoever.

(Cats can SEE you in your spirit form
)

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks for answering my question. I also have another question: Is it possible to not be able to return to your body?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread46929/pg1]

I believe you MAY choose to not return.......Ive not known of being UNABLE somehow.
The above link is my experiance with OOBE....it has alot of good information on it posted by other people.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ok because somebody else I was talking to said "Stray too far, and you could get "lost". It's not like a dream."

I just want someone to either confirm or deny that...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
what if you get possessed?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'll leave the possession question for someone who knows more. My first thought was kick the demon out, it's not their body.

As far as having an OBE and being able to see things on another side of a wall, it sounds like a great way to prove it to someone else and to yourself if you're not sure. I heard of a similiar proposal to prove that people were having an OBE after they died on the hospital bed but later were brought back to life. Doctors and scientists claim it's all in their heads about OBE or life after death. However if a secret message was on top of a cabinet in the hospital room where no one below could see it, then this person who died (temporarily of course) and had an out of body experience (OBE) where they floated up and saw the message, they could prove it by telling everyone the secret message. I believe the same applies for the living who can have an out of body experience. I'm not 100 percent sure myself but I believe in the possibility of it.

For anyone experimenting, the secret message would need to be very unique to decrease the probability of someone guessing it. That would be cool if a tv crew could hook up with someone who could reliably do this sort of thing to prove it true. An independent auditing firm could even be present to make sure the secret message was secret and not able to be viewed from ground level or by the person doing the OBE without doing the actual OBE. On second thought, I wonder if this would just be another sensationalist tv show instead of proving anything to anyone.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So can anyone give me some more info on the possibilty of not being able to get back to your body?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gm0n3y
So can anyone give me some more info on the possibilty of not being able to get back to your body?

Yes

There are several specially made cells or rooms built first with lead, then magnetic steel then clad in copper. It is in those cells on the Fourth Level that contain living aural essence. This essence is what you would call [a captured disembodied] 'soul' or..."astral body". (Note: This may tie-in with the reports of certain remote-viewing "astral spies" who claim to have "projected" into underground facilities like Dulce New Mexico or Pine Gap Australia, only to have close encounters with these astral containment fields, or have been captured by the same and released after being 'interrogated' via super-sensitive electronic equipment. In one case an Australian remote-viewer was probing the Pine Gap facility where he also "saw" three other astral spys.

The magnetic or astral body of one of these people had been captured by such a containment field, which really disturbed him.

Jacked from the "octopus document" - google it.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not returning to your body? I find that very difficult to believe. Everytime you dream you've always been able to wake up and be in your own flesh. The two things are different in how you experience them, but it's the same principle. So the answer is that you'll always be able to return.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Having a combination of both can be interesting like in an astral dream where rtz elements can be presented to you in a dream instead of an obe. There's one I've had of a person who seems to spend an enormous amount of time in their bedroom surfing the net. They seem to eat in there too. But the most annoying thing is that they can't seem to keep one leg still. That annoys me in real life too. Some people just can't keep still. I call them the jitter folks. Hehe.

top topics

join