It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a safe tooth filling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I noticed a molar in the back of my mouth, I don't know if I lost a filling or not, but it needs a filling.

I'm between jobs, and don't have health insurance. What is a good and safe tooth filling?

Is it hard to find dentists that use safe tooth fillings?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
What's your definition of safe?

There are many very old people with different types of fillings so I'm assuming they are all pretty much safe. Probably cheaper to just get it pulled though.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Safe as in non-toxic. Preferably not using anything that contains mercury.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
What's your definition of safe?

There are many very old people with different types of fillings so I'm assuming they are all pretty much safe. Probably cheaper to just get it pulled though.

mercury is not safe

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirPaulMuaddib
Safe as in non-toxic. Preferably not using anything that contains mercury.

bonded composite, bonded porcelain, or gold (although anything that is metal will never bond to your tooth and you will eventually get decay around the edges...no way around it)

hope that helps

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Breathing the air is not safe. That's why I asked what he meant. Obviously many people with regular fillings, that contain mercury, live very long and healthy lives so it doesn't appear to be a problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I thinks that kro32 is uninformed... you can search 'Mercury fillings' and get a compendium of people having adverse reactions to mercury filings which DO leak.

Use bonded porcelain. People use mercury because it is cheap in the short run...

Speaking of which... the fight over Coal is NOT about CO2... it is about mercury .. and the poisoning of our air...
Mercury is a neuro toxin..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I could be wrong but I think the OP has in the back of their mind the alleged Secret Covenant of the illuminati when asking this.

When their teeth decay we will fill them with metals that will kill their mind and steal their future.

As far as an answer goes I dunno, I'm not a dentist. There is research going on into using stem cells you might be interested.

www.ocwebdesignblog.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
1, root canal and cap.

2, medicated filling, not too long lasting but pretty safe

3, pull it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Yea I could be misinformed. Certainly not any area of expertise of mine whatsoever so I'll leave it to you guys to give this guy the answers he needs. Hope my fillings don't start leaking though

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Contact a holistic dentist in your town. They will hook you up with 'safe' fillings.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lemonsea
Contact a holistic dentist in your town. They will hook you up with 'safe' fillings.

Will try that.

Will also look into use of bonded porcelain

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Breathing the air is not safe. That's why I asked what he meant. Obviously many people with regular fillings, that contain mercury, live very long and healthy lives so it doesn't appear to be a problem.

How do you know they arent suffering from mercury poisoning? Age is only one parameter of health.
How do you know it hasnt caused various forms of mental illness. People in prison test high for
toxic metals.

Safest fillings: Pure Gold/Platinum
Second safest:Gold alloy, may contain palladium
Third: Porcelain
Fourth safest: High quality composite with the least amount of toxic chemicals in it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

I would go with gold, or porcelain as gold is spendy. My husband has had two teeth capped with gold and he looks like a freakin' rapper or something, but he's never had a problem with them. You might want to go to your local dental school for work done by students that our supervised for a cheaper rate. I know my big sister had work done at the U of MN Dental School and they did a great job at a reasonable price.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why not do what that popular rapper did in the late 90's? i dont know who he is, but saw pics of his teeth...he had ALL, yes ALL of his natural god given teeth pulled, and had platinum teeth put in : X

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
cdn.mediatakeout.com...

Thiers one for ya
howd you like them teeth! cost is about $30,000 and up..
platinum teeth= no more fillings
kinda reminds me of JAws, or the bad guy guy jaws, from an older james bond movie.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.jamesbondwiki.com...

Thier ya go; )
its jst humor* ever sicne i saw jaws, and alter, platinum teeth..thats when i knew we as americans have TOO much times on our hands, and how we waste so much money on stupid and useless things.
imagine, not using toothpaste anymore..having to use silver polish instead or something
wonder how thier gums feel when its 101 degrees outside, not including the humidity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hi i am new to forum and have been wanting to join to answer.. looks like you have it but i am still going for it... I recently did dental assisting training. And i have done 200 hours externs. And took 100s of xrays!!! OK.... Now i want to know which molar.. you have several.. i will give quick lesson on names to your teeth... starting from your two front teeth!!! in between called midline... so starting from midline... you have central incisor, lateral incisor, Canine, First Premolar, Second Premolar, First Molar, Second Molar and Third Molar ("wisdom"). Ok now each of these teeth have cusps... ummm... the pointy pieces you feel.. i dont know how to describe. teacher made picture of hills and slopes and someone sking down it.. anyways... your molars tend to have 4.. unless you have the Cusp of Carabelli . then you will have 5th off to side. anyways.. if you feel one of these cusps is missing then yes get filling... now material. People often think an old filling came out.. when comes to find out its DECAY!! your teeth will literally break off.. i got to do a volunteer opportunity to do oral surgery.. removed a whole quadrant!!! If there is decay present then xray has to determine how far the decay is into your tooth. you have the enamel dentin and then pulp.. there is cementum but its below the gum line. if you hit the pulp a root canal must be performed. this can cost $1000 to $2000 PER TOOTH but usually this includes the Cap.. PLEASE LOOK FOR CERAC users. its best technology for making a crown.. ask your dentist if they have this. its made of a material that is safe and durable. Now of there is no decay or you can get away with filling.. PLEASE DO COMPOSITE , its cosmestically nice and no worries about metals. to those that have old fillings.. please see a dentist!! There have still been cases where US is outsourcing some of the Metal Crown making and bridges and whatnot that has poisoned people, Make sure to ask dentist where its made. In local office (in city or state) or shipped away. Well its super late and i just had to get my post in before bed! hope you enjoyed my first post and found it helpful and somewhat educational... also.. one last fact!!! DID you know your teeth has assigned numbers!! AND there are several systems of doing so!!! another fact!!! Childrens teeth is in the alphabet instead of numbers!

new topics

top topics

join