It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice wars heating up the Arctic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
what about the military build up ? that's kinda scary, right ?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i recall a story not too long ago mentioning that resource extraction in northern canada will actually be MORE difficult as the permafrost melts, because companies rely on that for solid ground for well heads, roads, pipelines, etc.

A big melt could open up parts of the arctic, but it could easily close of large parts as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I understand where you are coming from, even if I don't agree entirely. But i'm not entirely sure all of your sentiments are driving this thread in a necessarily productive direction. It's unfortunate that people choose to demonize 'big oil' without admitting to the specifics of the industry, but it's equally misleading for you to pretend that oil companies dont manipulate the markets.

$.02

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue
reply to post by kro32

No, just so many posts I've seen by you lately have been so anti-environment, so pro-corporation, I can clearly see what your agenda is...

You're one to talk about being anti-environment, all your threads are nuclear power fear mongering. I don't understand how you could be both pro-fossil fuel and pro-environment at the same time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join