It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some believe in Nibiru, planet x, elenin, and doomsday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Maybe they feel put out. Like they were left out. Everybody wants to show what they have.

This belief in doomsday is like some who believed in Christ's time.

Unfortunately, this time it is real.

edit on 17-7-2011 by yourmamaknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't know. For the same reason that your OP is blank? Which would probably be that you simply forgot to put something or your computer fouled up.

Maybe they've seen something or heard something that makes them believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Self destruct button?

They believe in it because they like to believe that this world is going to end, it gives them hope.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

General paranoia, popular opinion or just general fear mongering

Kind of like the hype around Y2K i guess....

But i beleive so does that make me paranoid
- ok well i'm not convinced but i'm not a complete skeptic either.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
you have any idea how much money doomsday books bring in?

fear sells.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I will happily entertain alternative ideas of what is causing inclement weather all over the world, the heat waves, droughts, earthquakes, tsunamis, time slips, people losing their minds, and so on and so on. Anyone? I for one highly doubt that Earth's very first High Civilization, Sumeria, spent their time caring clay tablets of fiction stories. No, actually they were recording their real time history and what they saw and heard, and about their creators. How does this slip by some people? Do you really think the Sumerians made it all up for your enjoyment in the distant future?

NASA is closely watching Nibiru right now, it approaches from the extreme south, and you will not see it unto it is so big in the sky you will not be able to miss it. "Every Eye Shall See the Lord," they say. Well, when it gets here, behold your Lords! Meanwhile, might as well stop trying to convince us otherwise.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i've gone from being a hardcore believer, so much so that i was having panic attacks and shaking uncontrollably and having to be put on meds...to being way more skeptical. a part of me still believes there is a high probability of it happening, but now i just don't care as much.

i mean really, if it does happen what are we going to do about it? if it really is an ELE, then by its very nature "we will not survive this"

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticUnderdog

i thought it was sex that sells.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I do because a man on youtube said its real!!!

Wait.....that was UFO's my bad.

Real answer is i think everyone wants to think something is going to put a stop to the madness again Hope.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Why do some believe in Nibiru, planet x, elenin, and doomsday?

Various reasons, lets go through some....

1) It fits into their religious school of thought. I.e the Bible, End Times etc. Doesn't matter that the bible is the biggest hoax of all time.

2) There is something wrong with their life, they feel trapped, and Doomsday will rescue them from this life.

3) Easily manipulated. Many conspiracy theorists are weak willed so when they read a convincing post from someone they fail to use logic and reason and accept the explanation offered. They let others do the thinking for them.

Most people that believe in religion and conspiracy theories fit into one of these 3 categories. These people fail to challenge their beliefs as they feel secure once they have located a pigeon hole.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

can I change #2 slightly to "Wishful thinking for other reasons than my personal life sucks"??
if I can, then I'd fall under #2

cause my life doesn't suck and if I want to escape I know how to get out

but I'm not religious (although I like to think I'm spiritual) and I don't buy into every conspiracy theory

in fact I only buy into aliens are visiting our planet for whatever reason that no youtube video poster has come up with yet - I'm not even lucky enough to mistake an airplane for a UFO though.... so thats TOTALLY a belief - no proof - personal or otherwise

I do not believe in Nibiru, planet X, elenin, or that the Mayans predicted the end of the world (they just ended a calendar, and even the date is debatable) - and believe me I WANT TO BELIEVE in those things so I can justify my DOOMSDAY BELIEF!!! but it doesn't even fit into my personal alien theories... so why do I believe in a doomsday? - oh I said already, wishful thinking

I just can't find anything to base it on.... so sad... guess the world will continue turning and its people will continue suffering needlessly

♥ I liked your list though

top topics

join