It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy Neighbor. What to Do? We've all Had One. Maybe not like This Guy Though. He takes the

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I went to watch it, and apparently it is considered "hate speech." I cannot attest to that opinion, as I didn't get to watch the video. This is why I love having only my family on a large piece of woodland. The only bad thing is that people don't hesitate to "borrow" from others' tools, etc...lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

You should really watch the assumptions man. First off, I do not watch Jerry Springer.

Well I don't need it. I know that when I die I will have lived a life to be proud. I defended those who weren't able. I did what I could when I could and in whatever way I could. In this case, I reported videos because this man wasn't capable of doing so.

You have no idea what the Hell was even going on in those videos. Well, you do to more than most of the people reading this thread since you had the videos removed, but really...You don't know a d--- thing about the situation. But in your almighty judgement, you deemed the material too offensive for others with an open mind to analyze the situation rationally and appropriately.

He was being mocked and humiliated for the world to see. How is that right?

For every 500 people that were able to watch the actual ordeal, if there were 1 that felt the man needed help and did whatever was at their means to do it. Whether that be an email to the proper authorities, whatever. But no, that is not likely to happen now. You shot the messenger.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
JEEZ, all this controversy here between posters makes me REALLY WANT TO SEE this video, arrgggghhh!!!

DAMN YOU YOUTUBE!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I'd like to follow up. This has been an interesting experience. Indeed the videos are gone. There is a system in place that allows for each and every interaction "we" have had on this board, and the actions taken to remove the videos. If there is some compelling reason to bring them back, I'm sure Ytube will.

My two cents: The "video diary" was in bad taste, but was not illegal. They filmed him in public. The man is messed up regardless of why and what from. He is a hazard to himself and a potential hazard to the community. The cops have come, but have restraints in arresting him for whatever reason, and thus, he stays.
It is depressing on many levels, yes. But it is a documented act (on all parts) that I beleive has furthered the discussion regarding our humanity and the way we see each other.

Finally, if we are to take down this video because we believe someone has been taken advantage of and are sick, you my want to click on this and start working on it. See you in....forever?

You Tube Crazy Neighbors

or

YouTube Crazy People

or

YouTube Crazy Insane People

Start here...

CJ
edit on 18-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
video taken down due to 'hate speech' from YT policy ..

2nd

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

No. He/she probably called you a Nazi because of your apparent need to dictate what people should be allowed to watch. You were offended by it and now NO ONE can watch it and are therefore unable to come to their own conclusions and are now forced to take your word for it regarding how unjust it was.

Welcome to the internet where everything you do in public is scrutinized by many. Why should this man be any more deserving of privacy while in public than the rest of us? (unless he was being filmed over a fence of hedges, in which case I have no idea because you had the video removed)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I was going to mention peopleofwalmart.com to the person who had the videos removed. You beat me to it. My point would have been that if the person had such a problem with the video, then he/she should attempt to get that website removed from the internet because it is full of people being ridiculed on the net for how they appear IN PUBLIC.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

My sentiments...the links I provided are simply that - youtube pages (1000's) regarding "crazy" people...there is a lot of work to be done if we are to go this route, imho.

Thanks!

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Basically what I said. He pretty much went and tattled because he didn't agree with it. He is the type that it has to be his way or no way at all and then tries to make it out as if the guy had mental retardation or something, when he was either A.) On drugs or B.) Just a nut... Maybe he should go watch the angry grandpa videos and report those to since there is obviously something wrong with the grandpa in the Vids and his son exploits him.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I did not see the videos. I cannot therefore say whether the guy s nutty, sick, on something, or possibly even having fun with nosey neighbors.

I have been to peopleofwalmart.com. I sort of feel for some of them because it is possible they have nothing better to wear or whatever. There are others though that just have ridiculously flamboyant ways of carrying themselves.

There are also other sites as well similar. For instance those in the car world look to the realm of "ricers" for a giggle. If you have not heard of them I suggest googleing them, there are plenty of sites for them.
Here is a site to start with though.
www.ricedrides.com...

Now while these might not be people in general it is their property that is being viewed in jest. A persons car says a lot about them in my opinion. In some cases it is young people who grow out of the "look" in other cases it is something else entirely. Either way if someone sees their car on such a site and sees the comments it is likely to hurt their feelings.

In the PC world we live in now though it seems everyone is entitled to not be offended. We will soon be in a world with a lack of colors, humor, or difference because of the need to not be offended.

Could the video have been bad? Possibly. However, one could also comment their feelings on the video and hit dislike on it. Videos that are crap will fall off the radar soon enough. I would like to have judged for myself if the video was bad or not though.

Raist

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2011 by ANNED because: BD

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You know I have to chime in here. I watched these videos last night and didn't find them funny at all. I think you did the right thing. The man is clearly not all there.And while I hate to admit I laughed at certain things he did...most of it was just sad.

For those that didn't see them,this isn't some minute long clip of him acting wierd. They're pretty much sitting out there and making fun of him and filming. Once again,I applaud you for doing the right thing. You're a good man in my book.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Closing this thread for review, now that the videos have been removed.

After review the thread will remain closed.

edit on Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:10:35 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join