It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San. Fran. Police MURDER Man For Not Paying Light Rail Fare, THIS IS REAL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just as the title says... this is the real deal.

News Article

A police spokesman said the shooting began after two uniformed officers conducted a fare inspection on a Muni light rail vehicle.
They detained the man on the platform, but he fled on foot.
During the foot pursuit, police said the suspect fired at the officers, and the officers fired back.
Witnesses had a different story and said police overreacted.
As the man was running he had his hands up in the air, and then hit the ground when he was shot, one witness said.
Police maintained that the man had a weapon and they searched the area for the firearm.

Within hours of the shooting, an anonymous video popped up on YouTube that showed not only the chaos of the shooting scene, but what the person who posted the video claimed was a silver handgun lying 20-feet from the mortally wounded teenager. In the video, a large crowd that gathered near the scene, along with several police officers who roped off the area. A close look at the lower right corner of the video revealed a shiny object. In the video, a person in a hooded sweatshirt picked it up. Later in the video a person wearing a gray hoodie picked up something that appeared to be a cell phone.

Police still haven't found the gun the suspect was said to be firing.

Words can not even described how #ED this is. Absolutely atrocious and despicable. I am unsure how the commuting system is like for San Francisco's Muni light rail, but I have to assume it is sort of like a subway system. Pay at the entrance and then you have access to the light rail.

I assume what happened here is this person did neglect to pay the one dollar and change fee to the subway. And when he was caught I would say the worst thing that happened is he resisted ticketing. Maybe ran. But murdered for apparently carrying a weapon the police can't find? ...

What doesn't make sense is that he is in the middle of the sidewalk and I don't see any light rail station. So what happened? Did police harass him as he tried to walk away from the situation? Maybe he ran and the police chased him down?

San Francisco Chief of Police Greg Suhr - (415) 553-1551
San Francisco Police Community Relations Unit - (415) 734-3280
edit on 17-7-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just Posted.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO
edit on 17-7-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
ah ok, thanks. I suppose mods will remove the thread.
edit on 17-7-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Just Posted.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

Thread closed.

top topics

join