It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
He was running forward. Most likely towards the parking lot area, since police are behind him.

Again, what does this have to do with anything? They probably fired just before he hit the ground.

I take it you are trying to imply that he crawled backwards after being shot? Look at the blood. He moved forward a couple of feet, at most.

You state the weapon was "behind" him. You assume he ran in a straight line the entire time and his final resting position was the direction in which he was traveling. Sometimes people twist around when shot and fall in directions other than that of their original travel.

The police also were not behind him but coming from the suspect's left.

What gets me most is why the supposed "gun" is about 25 feet or so in front of him.

Read my original post.

Better yet, read it about 5 times, because you've already screwed up twice.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Watching the video made me well up I must admit...

I am from the UK so I can't understand why the police carry guns... Surely they should have safer alternatives like a taser or pepper spray etc...

I suppose the bottom line is the police should of done their job and talked with the individual instead of hiding behind and speaking with their weapons!

We are on the verge of a revolution... The police are going to be the first to know!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Better yet, read it about 5 times, because you've already screwed up twice.

Organizations screw up big time when trying to apply damage control.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Well let's see- you were the one to suggest I throw myself in a river of fire. I suppose that did not merit response. Oh wait... it's because you've been a victim of racism so you can run your mouth and nobody can toss it back at you isn't it?

I was a cop and no I do not hope you wind up with a murder warrant. I hope some hood rat drills a .45 caliber hole through a loved one of yours and kills her and your unborn baby. Then I hope that the cops don't do a damned thing to find him and if they do I hope someone like you screams loudly enough that the gun was planted that someone believes it and the skell walks on the charge without doing 5 minutes behind bars. I'll be praying for it daily.

You see humans...
Funniest post in this thread. You see cops as not human so get off the moral high horse. It simply highlights your hypocrisy.

I can also tell by your defense of this convicted sex offender and murder suspect that these are the people you wish to associate with and defend- ergo my street trash comment stands.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Zamini

Well let's see- you were the one to suggest I throw myself in a river of fire. I suppose that did not merit response. Oh wait... it's because you've been a victim of racism so you can run your mouth and nobody can toss it back at you isn't it?

I was a cop and no I do not hope you wind up with a murder warrant. I hope some hood rat drills a .45 caliber hole through a loved one of yours and kills her and your unborn baby. Then I hope that the cops don't do a damned thing to find him and if they do I hope someone like you screams loudly enough that the gun was planted that someone believes it and the skell walks on the charge without doing 5 minutes behind bars. I'll be praying for it daily.

You see humans...
Funniest post in this thread. You see cops as not human so get off the moral high horse. It simply highlights your hypocrisy.

I can also tell by your defense of this convicted sex offender and murder suspect that these are the people you wish to associate with and defend- ergo my street trash comment stands.

Way to take things way out of out of perspective.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I was a cop

How did I know I wonder

I hope some hood rat drills a .45 caliber hole through a loved one of yours and kills her and your unborn baby.

I am glad that you reveal how much of a problem LEO's have with themselves. The lack of intelligence is self-evident since you were a cop.

Then I hope that the cops don't do a damned thing

Same here.

to find him and if they do I hope someone like you screams loudly enough that the gun was planted that someone believes it and the skell walks on the charge without doing 5 minutes behind bars. I'll be praying for it daily.

When the authorities in Iran(not measly police but military) decided to invade the Kurdish regions and kill off the people, the Kurds decided to abduct and decapitate the authority figures, then place their heads on poles as deterrents. You have the balls to say these things over the internet or to a minority when you were a cop, but go to a place where people are tired of your kind and see how long your cop bravado keeps your head on your neck.

You see humans... Funniest post in this thread. You see cops as not human so get off the moral high horse. It simply highlights your hypocrisy.

You see how quick you are to jump on that little word? I don't even need to mean it(and did not) but used it merely as a way to show you how much of a hypocrite you are to you.

It's got more to do with defending a democracy, preventing a democracy from turning into a police state and defending human rights. Besides, you are very ignorant in assuming who I do or do not wish to associate myself with.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Zamini because: Got carried away

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Even if he did shoot at them they still have an obligation to try and save his life after shooting him. He was obviously in distress and incapacitated, one of the officers should have moved in immediately to confirm that he did not have a weapon and then treat him. Instead they just watch him bleeding to do death. Even in a warzone our soldiers must give immediate medical attention to wounded enemies when they are safely able to. there was imo almost no danger at all even if he did have a gun as it was obvious that he was not trying to use it.

Very bad training or they just have not followed what they have been taught, im guessing its not hard to become an officer in SF

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

You're right- perhaps I should have used away from him.

The video of the suspect is shot from the south, moving across the street and winds up east looking west. The video of the guy in the hoodie and the video showing the pistol are shot from the north looking south. The suspect's body is lying in a northeasterly direction. The chase began on Oakdale towards Mendell Plaza which means the suspect was running either east or west and seeing as how the officers were on patrol on 3rd street and easterly course makes sense.

This means that the weapon was located perpendicular to his path of travel.
edit on 18-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Perhaps I should have used away from him.

The video of the suspect is shot from the south, moving across the street and winds up east looking west. The video of the guy in the hoodie and the video showing the pistol are shot from the north looking south. The suspect's body is lying in a northeasterly direction. The chase began on 3rd between Palou and Oakdale towards Mendell Plaza which means the suspect was running south.

This means that the weapon was located along his path of travel behind where he collapsed.

Ah, so this guy was running 'from' the parking lot towards the police.

There are clearly 4 police surrounding him from the viewpoint of the camera, which also would serve as his direction of interest.

Maybe they were like 'Minority Report' police, and they just knew where he'd end up running, and set up shop in front of him, and ambushed him. Meanwhile, he drops his gun, continued to walk forward for about 25 feet, then decides to start bleeding, falls to the ground, then turns the other direction.

I suppose you have a source for this claim? Please direct me to it. I'd like to see some evidence of it.

Oh, and keep in mind, I am referring to this particular video. Not sure what you're on about.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7/18/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
NVM

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I suppose you have a source for this claim? Please direct me to it. I'd like to see some evidence of it.

He doesn't. But because he used to be a cop he is trying to justify what they did. It's a psychological condition found amongst police, military, politicians, churches etc. Basically all the groups who make money by lying and enforcing lies.

I dread to think about how many innocent people this SFA has imprisoned or harassed.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
All Cops Are Bastards.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Ah, so this guy was running 'from' the parking lot towards the police.

There are clearly 4 police surrounding him from the viewpoint of the camera, which also would serve as his direction of interest.

Maybe they were like 'Minority Report' police, and they just knew where he'd end up running, and set up shop in front of him, and ambushed him. Meanwhile, he drops his gun, continued to walk forward for about 25 feet, then decides to start bleeding, falls to the ground, then turns the other direction.

Oh, and keep in mind, I am referring to this particular video. Not sure what you're on about.
www.youtube.com...

Turns out my OP on direction of travel was incorrect. Got a bit befuddled and neither of us were right
The weapon is perpendicular to his path of travel

That is the video I am referring to. It was shot on Oakdale looking into Mendell Plaza form the south. It was shot at 1645 hours local time which puts the sun in the west with shadows falling to the east. This gives a frame of reference at the start. The cameraman then moves north and winds up east of the suspect.

The video showing the gun is shot from inside Mendell Plaza looking south towards Oakdale.

Plug it into Google Earth. Start on 3rd Street and Oakdale. You can see the cluster of trees, the two light poles at the entrance and the fire hydrant. You can also make out the pattern of the blocks on the ground.

Makes no sense for the suspect to toss the pistol either in front nor behind. It does make sense for him to toss it to the side and continue running, leading the cops past it and hoping someone picks it up and walks off with it. If I were in the same situation that is what I would do.

Foot Chase Location

That gives you start and end points which you can plug into Google Earth

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
For all of you bemoaning the fact that the cops "just stood there" while the guy bled out, you may want to consider the following:
The police are not a welcome presence for many in the Bayview/Hunter's Point neighborhood in San Francisco to begin with; further, it's the kind of dangerous neighborhood you normally don't go into unless you live there, or have a job that takes you there in some capacity.

This group of cops had just shot an apparent local citizen, & were facing off with a large, very angry mob. This has always been, & always will be, a potentially lethal situation for the officers involved if any of them let their attention to the crowd lapse for any reason.
All it can take is one hurled bottle or stone, striking one officer hard, & they can get charged by the mob, firearms or not.

All you can do in this case is to speculate on what really happened, but one thing for sure: if I was one of those cops facing that crowd, I would be perfectly willing to let one of the others tend to the man who had been shot. I would not be taking my eyes off that crowd for anything until backup arrived.
Given the very likely possibility that all of the officers involved felt the same way at that point, IMO this would probably be why the fallen man was left where he fell, at least until the crowd situation became somewhat stabilized.
edit on 7/18/11 by BuzzCory because: Clarification

edit on 7/18/11 by BuzzCory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
With the greatest respect, do we have FULL possession of the facts ? I suspect not... Just another opportunity to criticise the police, who are doing an ever more difficult job, in difficult times. Sad that the person was shot dead, over an apparently trivial matter, but if you're going to wave a gun around in public ( allegedly.) what do you expect ? Try and imagine the anarchy that might ensue if there were no police...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

He doesn't. But because he used to be a cop he is trying to justify what they did. It's a psychological condition found amongst police, military, politicians, churches etc. Basically all the groups who make money by lying and enforcing lies.

I dread to think about how many innocent people this SFA has imprisoned or harassed.

You mean like lying about the cops planting a gun on the convicted sex offender with the murder warrant who took multiple shots at the officers chasing him?

You seem to wish to attribute certain behavior to huge blocks of people which makes you a bigot. I do the same and somehow I am wrong- but you are right?

That is the very definition of hypocrisy.

I wonder what you did for a living when you are justifying the actions of the suspect. It's a psychological condition found amongst street thugs, drug dealers and violent criminals. Basically all the groups who make money preying on others and screaming racism when caught.

I dread to think about how many people Zamini has raped, shot or gotten hooked on dope.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

You mean like lying about the cops planting a gun on the convicted sex offender with the murder warrant who took multiple shots at the officers chasing him?

You seem to wish to attribute certain behavior to huge blocks of people which makes you a bigot. I do the same and somehow I am wrong- but you are right?

That is the very definition of hypocrisy.

I wonder what you did for a living when you are justifying the actions of the suspect. It's a psychological condition found amongst street thugs, drug dealers and violent criminals. Basically all the groups who make money preying on others and screaming racism when caught.

I dread to think about how many people Zamini has raped, shot or gotten hooked on dope.

You make me sick. All cops are the same, mentally disabled, totally ruthless and completely unhinged. You should all be put down for the safety of the public.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Oh man, I feel sick from watching that. I cannot believe they did not go to help the guy they shot. You could see he was defenseless. If they've shot him in the back I guess to help him too would seem pointless.

With this incident, and the previous subway shooting, you citizens must be getting fairly agitated now.

What's changed that has warranted this decrease in self-discipline from the police? Or has it always been this way and now its getting more coverage?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

The police were wrong in doing that. 110% wrong. Period.

The minute the suspect went down he should have been secured, pat searched FAST and medical aid given. Granted the police do not carry much med gear on their persons but even a handkerchief applied as a pressure bandage might have made a difference.

I have no issues whatsoever with the shoot- it is what came after that was effed up. If you put a hole in someone and they are no longer actively resisting you attempt to patch that hole no matter what is going on around you. There were enough officers to run a tight 360 while one gave aid.

Bit cowardly not to IMO.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well, here is the streetview of the location.
is.gd...

And bird's eye
is.gd...

The direction he was going, is basically NorthEast, which is into the parking lot. The direction itself, isn't really of concern to me, just where he was heading - the parking lot seems to be the most realistic direction, given the circumstances.

The supposed gun is on par with his direction of interest. If you draw a straight line from 'him' to 'supposed gun', you'll see it matches up evenly with the line in the concrete of the parking lot.

There's really no question as to what direction he was headed in. I just want to get to the bottom of how and why a gun magically appears so far from the scene, only to be later found later that night. Just doesn't add up yet.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join