It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain: Communities have right to ban mosques

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearstream
One of the practical concerns regarding a mosque to be built in a community is this: Sharia law states that a mosque is permanent and the land it is built on will forever be holy. And "forever" literally means forever. This means that once a mosque is built, it can never be taken down, and the mosque and the land it is built on can never be used for anything else. There are a number of problematic implications of this:
1. A nation that allows mosques to be built within its borders is giving up some of its sovereignty. According to Sharia law, not even the government has the authority to remove a mosque or use it for something else.
2. Even if the demographics of a community change dramatically, removing the need for a mosque, it can never be taken down or used for anything else.
3. By allowing a mosque to be built under Sharia law, the community is affording the mosque and its patrons rights that are not afforded to any other religion, ideology, or group. It is diametrically opposed to the founding principles of the US as well as basic human rights.

If one gets put up of course it can get taken down for non use or abuse, this is The United States Of America whose law is the only one that matters or counts.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This thread is rather tell-tale of a nation that was lost to nationalist propaganda; pushing hate of a religion so that 98% of those who subscribe to such a religion suffer for the 2% of extremists that warp its message to be tyrants (something that US Christian extremists are equally guilty of).

Mid-century Germany, anyone?

"The Jews want to kill us all!"

"The Muslims want to kill us all!"

"The people not giving in to the propaganda would like to stop paying for the ads that brainwash the feeble-minded American public"

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

America in fear of Zionism, circa 1930.

Let's not continue our lies, continue our intolerance of others. It brings us no good, and just leads to more evil to rise up when opportunity is in its most ripe.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hmm.

From what I'd heard about this guy, I thought he had sense.

Sadly, it appears he wants to hark back to the "reds under the bed" McCarthyist "they're all out to get us" mentality.

I wonder how much funding Mr.Cains campaign recieves from christian groups? If its "just about religion" then maybe they shouldn't be giving him any money at all and attempting to influence him....should they?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

haha so much for being secular, and this is the country that preaches human rights to the 'third' world eh?

=====
"There are two visions of America. One precedes our founding fathers and finds its roots in the harshness of our puritan past. It is very suspicious of freedom, uncomfortable with diversity, hostile to science, unfriendly to reason, contemptuous of personal autonomy. It sees America as a religious nation. It views patriotism as allegiance to God. It secretly adores coercion and conformity. Despite our constitution, despite the legacy of the Enlightenment, it appeals to millions of Americans and threatens our freedom.

The other vision finds its roots in the spirit of our founding revolution and in the leaders of this nation who embraced the age of reason. It loves freedom, encourages diversity, embraces science and affirms the dignity and rights of every individual. It sees America as a moral nation, neither completely religious nor completely secular. It defines patriotism as love of country and of the people who make it strong. It defends all citizens against unjust coercion and irrational conformity.

This second vision is our vision. It is the vision of a free society. We must be bold enough to proclaim it and strong enough to defend it against all its enemies."

- Rabbi Sherwin Wine

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Hmm.

From what I'd heard about this guy, I thought he had sense.

Sadly, it appears he wants to hark back to the "reds under the bed" McCarthyist "they're all out to get us" mentality.

I wonder how much funding Mr.Cains campaign recieves from christian groups? If its "just about religion" then maybe they shouldn't be giving him any money at all and attempting to influence him....should they?

I wouldn't sit around expecting either of the 2 main American political parties to do anything productive for the American Public.... ever. Democracy has ultimately failed in the US because everyone is too scared to vote for anyone who actually represents them becuse "nobody else will do it
". And the free world will fall to a throng of defeatist asshats who misinterpret democracy to the point where they don't think they can even exercise it personally because the media controls them so much (gee that doesn't sound fascist at all, by the way
) just as Rome fell from within; divide and rule.
edit on 18-7-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Did you have anything to say that wasn't obvious rhetorical propaganda perhaps?

What are you, Sarah Palin's pituitary gland? Calm your falsified rage, you're the victim here and the perps are not Muslims, they are other pseudo-Christians trying to put their hands in your pockets.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

America is the most pro-Jewish nation in the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Just make it a law that mosques are totally illegal in the united states.

Good point actually.

Tell me, anyone.... anyone at all.

Are Christian, Jewish, Hundu or any other churches allowed in Lybia, or Saudi, or Syria or any other hardline muslim country?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Herman Cain is an idiot. He refuses to acknowledge the necessity to audit the FED. (yes, he says he supports it but it's not important), and he is focusing a lot on this Muslim issue. It's no wonder Ron Paul has won the support of Muslims. He believes in freedom. The government has no business getting involved in this stuff. It's discrimination, it's suppression of free speech, hate-mongering, fear-mongering, etc. For him to come out so strongly against Muslims would be comparable to coming out against someone's skin color "because more white people are serial killers" or whatever. It's ignorance.

The United States has the Constitution for a reason. If these ignorant political puppets would stop flapping their gums and learn to read it, we wouldn't have a problem.

...I can't wait for Cain to fall off the scene. I was tired of hearing him spew his nonsense on May 5th. (the first debate)

My support continues to reside in a candidate who hasn't flopped and who doesn't shred the Constitution at every turn. Bet you can figure it out...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You should all become Mason's we dont talk about Religion or Polotics in our meetings... : ) nor kill abortion doctors or stone woman to death...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

Can't. Requires a religious test which I'd fail.

Otherwise sounds fun.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by clearstream
One of the practical concerns regarding a mosque to be built in a community is this: Sharia law states that a mosque is permanent and the land it is built on will forever be holy. And "forever" literally means forever. This means that once a mosque is built, it can never be taken down, and the mosque and the land it is built on can never be used for anything else. There are a number of problematic implications of this:
1. A nation that allows mosques to be built within its borders is giving up some of its sovereignty. According to Sharia law, not even the government has the authority to remove a mosque or use it for something else.
2. Even if the demographics of a community change dramatically, removing the need for a mosque, it can never be taken down or used for anything else.
3. By allowing a mosque to be built under Sharia law, the community is affording the mosque and its patrons rights that are not afforded to any other religion, ideology, or group. It is diametrically opposed to the founding principles of the US as well as basic human rights.

If one gets put up of course it can get taken down for non use or abuse, this is The United States Of America whose law is the only one that matters or counts.

I appreciate your pride in the US and its laws, but unfortunately we as a nation have allowed a very different reality to develop. Think back to the incident of the cartoon depiction of Muhammad in Europe. Papers in the US would not even reprint the cartoon for fear of offending muslims. If a mosque needed to removed or used for something else, I fear our government would not have the courage to do so.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

They Ban ALL NON MUSLIMS from mecca. It is a CRIME to be in Mecca being a NON MUSLIM.www.wnd.com...

edit on 18-7-2011 by BaruchHabaBshemAdonai because: Wanted to add pic.

edit on 18-7-2011 by BaruchHabaBshemAdonai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
and he is focusing a lot on this Muslim issue

Not just that but (like many modern republicans), he won't shut up about his incorrect beliefs about Jesusamerica.

I'm fine with anyone being proud of their religion. I'm fine with someone believing stupid, incorrect things about christianity and the government. I am NOT fine with people who make their religious obsessions a part of their platform. We have real problems to solve.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Do communities also have a right to establish mosques and ban churches? Surely it has to be a two way street on this issue when ultimate authority to what happens within a community is given to a community.

A community can have a mosque without allowing for Sharia law to be established within the community. Herman Cain's idea and reasoning actually encourages a community to establish its own architecture and principles with how it's set up and could evolve over time.
edit on 18-7-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Take off your helmets

This is a winning issue for Cain, as it wins him the base which was brain washed for a decade by FOX
and the various security apparatuses of the US government. I wonder if the defenders of Cain reckon it
is the role of government to dictate the boundaries of religion?

But really folks, his focus is in part; an attempt to capitalize on a very effective fear campaign which
won many hearts and minds = instant votes.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Terrible thing to consider, that we must ban a religion, but the reality can't be dismissed that religion is being used to engage in conquest.

Do we allow our belief in freedom of religion be allowed to create a wedge that might destroy all that we believe in?

Well I just spent a week in Istanbul, Poet... It REALLY changed my ideas regarding Islam and its relation
to America. First off I suggest you consider going there for a visit, I was treated very well, in a big city you
can find a gracious kindness on par small town America, I was shocked to be honest.

What was hard to realize from my remote position here in the US was that America has won the world conquest.
America has permiated every asspect of that country, from clothing, English to culture, America is a force that is ingrained in virtually everyone. The lure of religious dictate cannot even begin to compete with what America
exports... People half a world away are hooked because freedom feels good -

Our culture is winning - virtually every person I saw seemed to be touched by America, the comparison here
stateside does not even exist.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowATS

The other vision finds its roots in the spirit of our founding revolution and in the leaders of this nation who embraced the age of reason. It loves freedom, encourages diversity, embraces science and affirms the dignity and rights of every individual. It sees America as a moral nation, neither completely religious nor completely secular. It defines patriotism as love of country and of the people who make it strong. It defends all citizens against unjust coercion and irrational conformity.

The problem is that Islam opposes everything this other vision believes in.

Islam opposes freedom, and seeks to destroy diversity.

Islam puts science second to their worship of their god, and definitely does not respect the rights of every individual.

Islam sees America as a morally bankrupt country, and has no respect for our beliefs, and aims to turn America into a completely secular Islamic nation.

Islam defines love of country as love of god.

Islam embraces unjust coercion and conformity

This is a big problem.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join