It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain: Communities have right to ban mosques

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Thats when the community themselves get together and simply buy all the land and sit on it, refusing a personal sale to any they don't like, be it that strange muslim, that black dude, that jewish man, that atheist, etc.

You don't have the right to not be offended over here...you have a right to your property and what goes on there...if you don't own the property next door, to effin bad, you are not born into a world where the government will protect your fragile worldview by making people you don't like not exist in your area

so yes and no...if you own the lot next door, you can decide who buys it from you...but a government zoning office has no right to deny someone their right to build what they want so long as its zoned properly and up to code...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

As I have stated before... There are two sides to this coin.

The protection in the Constitution of both Freedom of choice in Religion, and also to be free FROM Religion.

Which ever side you take, you are basically going against the Constitution.

I say go with the option that gives everyone what they are after.

For me... That would be Tails.
The choice to be in a community free from a certain or all Religions.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

As I have stated before... There are two sides to this coin.

The protection in the Constitution of both Freedom of choice in Religion, and also to be free FROM Religion.

Which ever side you take, you are basically going against the Constitution.

I say go with the option that gives everyone what they are after.

For me... That would be Tails.
The choice to be in a community free from a certain or all Religions.

The freedom from religion bit means no established religion.
no, I am not required to get out of my home on sunday and postulate at the state ordained church...I am free from that nonsense.

I am not free, however, from religion in my view...because eventually I will bump into a church, temple, or mosque when I leave my lawn and start walking...
Whats the difference to me if its 10 feet, or 100 miles...if its not on my property, its not my decision...and if the government promises me a free from religion life, they need to ban all religious structures in the entire nation...so I don't accidently come across one.

No, it just means your property..the state shall not make any law or requirement to hold a specific religion.

There is no two sides of a coin...it is more like a single answer quiz, true or false, and only one correct answer. the other answer is wrong.
Government cannot interfere with a person establishing their church of choice, be it a mosque for islam, or a church of satan.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

No but said laws can be a local edict of a town/city.

In regards to your comment on buying land and dictating whom you sell it to.
That is all well and good until your neighbor decides to move. Then you have no choice in who moves in.

This would be the idea behind a Community/Town.

Where someone would buy up several thousand acres and actually set this up.
How would you handle the situation when this Community grows beyond Town and to a City status?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Here is a different angle you might understand

Lets say community A is a simple christian community...they are setting up the zoning, a little area for commerce, some church zoning in
Suddenly Akmed comes in wanting to put a big mosque right there...right next to the piggly wiggly! omg! Grandma is freaked out

Akmed has already purchased the land, everything is in order, just need the rights to start the building.
local government says...no...no way, you dont need any of your islamies here trying to blowd up the piggly wiggly (going with backwoods logic here...dont mind the steriotypes).

Anyhow, its taken to court, then supreme court...for some obscure reason, it stays...
Fine..Akmed walks to the next town over, same deal, tries to erect his mosque
Next town, seeing what happened next door, decides to do the same...precidence set
Next thing you know, all of this one religion, like wildfire, is rejected...codes are changed, etc...tada, you have successfully eliminated islam churches out of the country.

Some would cheer for this

But wait...now, replace all of that and change it to christians unable to build a church.

Suddenly its a outrage

These laws are put in place, where the government does not bother with religious crap, for a reason...
There will be a day, if things keep going the way they are, that islam is the most popular religion on earth, and eventually in america.
I personally enjoy the no (real) discrimination for or against religion...and just a total seperation of church and state...it means no matter how many mosques are in place here, life won't change. The more the government furthers itself from religion, and make clear laws to subdue them, the better...because frankly, I don't want to read muhammed's decree's while I am waiting to renew my drivers license...I don't want my grandson or granddaughter to learn the pledge of allegience with "death to the infidel" tacked on the end.

There can be no discrimination...and as much as I truely dislike islam, I will voice strongly their equality in this country...they are equally as nuts as the rest, and deserve the same exact rights as such. This protects them, and protects me

And frankly, mosques freak out the neighbors enough to consider the whole seperation of church and state thing moreso than if it was just their religion all over the place...bonus.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No but said laws can be a local edict of a town/city.

In regards to your comment on buying land and dictating whom you sell it to.
That is all well and good until your neighbor decides to move. Then you have no choice in who moves in.

This would be the idea behind a Community/Town.

Where someone would buy up several thousand acres and actually set this up.
How would you handle the situation when this Community grows beyond Town and to a City status?

aka, Walmart.

We simply accept it.
Plenty of small towns have to deal with this
You should see people in this backwoods southern town -still- freak out when a black person moves on their street...they literally flip out.

It is what it is...you have no control over land you do not own, period...you have no say in who moves in or what is built so long as it is within code.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
cool, now i can open

my aztec, heart pulling, sun god, alien worship religion.

it does include a giant pyramid and hooded robes for all followers.

yeah and just a little human sacrifice.

chanting, lots of chanting and torches,

after dark.

there is only 13 of us now but we have the funding and wanting to bring more into the flock.

i have the "law" behind me.

screw the community, btw, i am looking at dearborn, MI for our base.

that ok with everyone?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
That's where Akmed would check the town charter BEFORE moving in to see what Religion is and isn't allowed.

Finding that the Town rejects Islam, would have to move on to find another town that accepts it and doesn't have a Mosque yet.

Not such a big deal.

Same would go with Christians.

What is wrong with this idea?
edit on 18/7/2011 by Sovaka because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The Freedom to live in a town that wishes NO RELIGIOUS influence.
IE Banning the erection of any Religious buildings or the admittance of any Religious person.

Personal beliefs on the other hand is just that PERSONAL !
( where as gov. needs to keep it's HANDS-OFF)
american cities are not entities of only one-sided personal beliefs;
if U.S. cities were, then they might as well be considered communes,
is that what you would prefer ? living in a commune ?

edit on 18/7/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Actually yes... Yes I would.
I plan to create one too.
It is of my belief, that most of modern society should revert to commune's.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Actually yes... Yes I would.
I plan to create one too.
It is of my belief, that most of modern society should revert to commune's.

Well there you have it ! The cat is out of the bag, and the
true agenda is told.

Institutionalized communes run by drones and zombies goes against
free will.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Everyone has an Agenda...
I made no attempt to hide my opinion.

Nor has a lot of others here.
But it may seem that my belief doesn't align with someone elses..

Now what is this thread about again?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

dude, you can't have "no religion" communities.

the ACLU will be all over that.

wait! ya right!

some godless community near mine is just what we need.

i'm sorry, there is plenty of precedent for that now.

"remember the "7 in heaven" sign in ny?

now the ground zero mosque is on the table again.

in HK i have never seen a minaret on a mosque. haven't seen them all but i doubt they allow it.

and the big one in TST has separate entrances for women and non believers.

sorry, last thing i want to do is get caught taking pics there.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
At last - someone with even a glimmer of common sense. You need to stop treating Islam as though it is just a harmless personal belief system.

We should understand that Islam is not a religion in the Western sense of the word. The aim of Islam is to establish a state religion, which means Islam needs a religious state. Only when Islam becomes a state, is Islam fully developed.
grace-and-truth.org...

Islam is a completely subversive system that will allways strive to make itself dominant - just the fact that it seeks the death penaltyfor anyone who renounces it should tell you just what sort of 'religion' it is!

link   

you mean like the manson family or a kabutz?

wth? been there done that, time to grow up people.

eta; kabutz, kinda ironic, eh?
edit on 18-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by fooks

I honestly don't know how to read your post

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Here's a plan, why cann't we all just get along and accept our
many flukes and differences ?
What next, cities of 'perfectly' cloned GMO people ?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

i might just be responding to the attitude of the thread and just using your post as the "last straw"

type thing.

nothing personal and just take it as it is.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

That's what I mean, it seems all for but also against.

I don't take anything on ATS personal.
Just others beliefs and opinions which I respect.

I may not agree with some, but that doesn't detract from the overall community or desired feedback.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Muslims calling for Sharia law isn't that different from many Christians wanting the ten commandments to be everywhere.

Obviously someone who knows nothing about Sharia law...

Just sayin'.

peace

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join