It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Ready To Set My Old Buick On Fire ..Help !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Man I miss the days when regular guys could work on cars with a small box of tools!

Yeah, me too. I worked on them for 38 years before I got hurt, and I do miss the hell of it. Being a mechanic was my dream, even though the school told be i could be an attorney, doctor, or astronaut for that matter. I was, and still am of the belief that one does with their life makes them happy. I worked in dingy grease stained clothes, in dark service garages, on cars that dripped water in the winter, and oil when they were wearing out, and yes, I worked under a grease rack too. And I love each and every second of it. Cars are my first, and only true love, and always will be. today's cars do nothing for me, the car companies have become whores, and the cars have became throw away things. I see then and ofter think to myself, did he get the mower deck with that model? I would give anything to go back to say, 68 or so, and work on them again.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
reply to post by autowrench

Need to replace the heater core will do the wireing mod at that time .Thanks for your help !

waiting for an update before making any suggestions other than sounds like similar symptoms in the stories I've heard regarding converters and when doing the heater core pay close attention not to get any wires caught under the cover something easy to do with many GM and ish autos
edit on 19-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Buick is still running fine..that was the problem

I would like to thank all the folks on ATS who offered suggestions..
Tried them all and now have a diagram of its electrical schematics as well

Thanks again for the help !

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I know it's been a while but I thought I would put my 2 cents in ! If I remember corectly 3.1 engines have 3 coils and underneath the coils is a baseplate . They used to be problems with them cracking and causing intermittent no spark condition .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join