It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Currently Leading In Military Donations -Q2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
thecaseforronpaul.wordpress.com...

As the fund raising totals for 2011 Q2 have come in, Ron Paul leads all other Republican candidates in military donations. In fact Ron Paul recieved more than all other Republican candidates combined. Examining the Selected Presidential Reports For The 2011 July Quarterly the data can be compiled and is expressed in the graph below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76d08bbc19c9.jpg[/atsimg]

The article then goes on to break down how much has come from each part of the military, and it does it for each candidate.

I also followed one of the links in the article and found another donations contributed page for each candidate.

Here's Ron Pauls page with the list of donations. query.nictusa.com...

And, heres the page to check on each candidates donations

query.nictusa.com...

(you can see where the donations came from, state, zip, employer, ect....)

Just thought this would be interesting to share.
edit on 17-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So Ron Paul is a supporter of Defense Spending and American Imperial Adventure? If so I wouldn't vote for him

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The soldiers realize what is right and necessary for this country to survive.

They also know that the other candidates will change nothing.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i believe that the reason mr paul is getting so much from soldiers is because he is their best chance of coming home in the republican field. that and that alone is enough for war torn soldiers to donate.
its enough for me too.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
So Ron Paul is a supporter of Defense Spending and American Imperial Adventure? If so I wouldn't vote for him

No, he is not, he is the opposite of what you said. By not voting for him you will cast your vote for american imperialism which you seem to detest. Ironic huh? Sadly some people may think that but they will have formed that opinion mostly from media talking points and have no depth of what the real issues are. Ron Paul needs to be president for the simple fact that at least one state of the union address will include the truth and some positive principles to get the country back on track.
edit on 17-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't think the OP adequately presents the information provided. I do not think this was your intention, but some will not understand what the information is saying.

The US military does not make contributions to any candidate.
The donations are from individual service members.

I don't think Ron Paul running as a republican has anything to do with it.(At least I hope not) Congressman Paul represents the ONLY chance from ANY party for all these wars to end and our troops to come home.
edit on 17-7-2011 by watchitburn because: because

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I don't think the OP adequately presents the information provided. I do not think this was your intention, but some will not understand what the information is saying.

The US military does not make contributions to any candidate.
The donations are from individual service members.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. I do also believe the reason he is getting the most donations is because he is the only candidate that will bring the troops home.

Here's a quick list of the donations for each candidate

Active military donations 2nd quarter 2011:
$36,739 - Ron Paul
$28,834 - Barack Obama
$6,223 - Herman Cain
$5,000 - Mitt Romney
$2,500 - Michelle Bachman
$1,025 Newt Gingrich
$ 250 - Rich Santorum
$ 250 - Tim Pawlenty

Edit - Active military service member donations
edit on 17-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Ron Paul is the only chance America has. The other candidates are corporate sellouts and puppets. They spew more rhetoric. His voting record has always been consistent - he supports the Constitution. My vote was Ron Paul in 2008. It will be Ron Paul in 2012.

Great thread!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow. The headline is not surprising at all, people are sick of war. But such a difference on that chart... That's good news IMHO.
"Mr Data, your resourcefulness never ceases to amaze me, star and flag for you"

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by starwarsisreal

Perhaps you should research Ron Paul some more, so you can see the irony in your comment.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reminds me of around four years back

The Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign cash, looks at the 2007 money-raising and finds the following:

War opponent Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, received the most from donors in the military, collecting at least $212,000 from them. Another war opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, was second with about $94,000.

Lawyers and law firms have contributed more than any other industry, giving $46.6 million. Democrats got 77 percent of that, with Clinton the top recipient.
blogs.abcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
military donations??
Guns Tanks? YES! shoot obama.

Now that would be a fun election.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Not just that RP would send them home..but they respect that fact that he understands and follows the Constitution, and he will command the military with strength..and not rely on lawyers or whomever else...in commanding them.

He also believes in a strong military, he doesn't want to do away with it..he will just apply the use of the military appropriately, Constitutionally and without prejudiced.

People in the Armed Forces recognize and respect a strong leader. And Ron Paul would be a strong leader, and with a good, proven, moral base.

top topics

join