It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Prices Decline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm located in Southern California, probably one of the worst places for purchasing gasoline or any other energy products. The price for a barrel of oil has risen by a minimum of twenty dollars during the last thirty days. By today I expected the price for a gallon of gas to be above three dollars. This has not happened. Instead of the price excellerating it has declined.
The news media of the State has attributed this to a decline in demand.
Am I paranoid, or is the Federal Government controlling the price of gasoline for political reasons?
Another thing that just happened this week in California concerning energy production. The state government disallowed an oil refinery owned by Shell
located in Bakesrfield to close its facility. The state claimed by taking such action Shell would drive up the cost of gasoline and reap millons of dollars in profit.
The last thing I heard and can't prove is that all storage facilities for oil storage are completely full. This information applies to global storage capacity.
Can anyone help me out sort through this information?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
From what I read, they were going to shut down the refinery just as the seasonal increase in use was to begin. This woyld have artificially created a shortage and gas prices for them would have risen. As usual, other companies would have raised their prices too-profitering. The government reallized this would have put a strain on our already strained ecomomy. I find it interesting that as oil prices have risen, and so gas prises have too-to reflect this increaser in cost of production. My problem is all oil companies have been showing record profits durning this time-check it out, it is a matter of public record. Makes you wonder about this, hmmm.

join