It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Stargate is proof TPTB have been lying to us all along.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Lying to us about the true history of Egypt.

I have brought this up in several other threads, but thought it deserved one of its own. It's just simple observation and deduction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From the recently discovered "symbols" in the shaft in the Great Pyramid-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0f496a3ca6e.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, from the movie Stargate, which came out in 1994, the symbol for Earth-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f34eca49a49d.png[/atsimg]

on this link, click where it says "stargate (device)" - en.wikipedia.org...(device)

How is it that a Hollywood film could so accurately depict a symbol not seen, supposedly, until now?

Coincidence? I think not. Either they know WAY more about the pyramids and ancient Egypt than they are telling us, or the writer(s) of Stargate are apparently psychic.

***EDIT TO ADD*** : This video I added at the end appears to have caused some confusion, it is meant to show other, similar stargate symbols matching ancient Egyptian sand glyphs - NOT the one from the pyramid shaft..

Check this out, FF to 1:30 and pause it-

Thoughts?

edit on 17-7-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmmm, that is a pretty big coincidence imo. Interesting find, I always suspected the writers of Stargate were using more than just their imagination. I will follow this thread to see what others think about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Lol what you posted there is no where near 100% proof. The stargate symbols where star consolations not exactly secret. right?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

What?

The "newly discovered" symbol has not been deciphered.

The symbol from Stargate matches it (in my opinion).

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm pausing video at 1:30 mark. Not sure what I am looking at.
Can you screen grab?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ok so the symbols are star constellations. So is it possible that the Egyptians looked in the sky?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

It is what appears to be sand glyphs, similar to the Stargate symbols.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The stargate symbol of earth does not resemble the new markings found. I fail to see how they are the same. Please show me, because im missing it. Your comparison is a stretch....

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Well I'm sure their heads weren't stuck in the sand all of the time

Anyway, I'm unsure of the direction of what you are saying.

What do you think about a 17 year-old movie accurately predicting an ancient Egyptian symbol, not supposedly discovered until now, and not yet deciphered? Do you find that odd at all?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

im saying its a coincidence(honestly it doesn't look like it, more like a badly drawn animal) maybe they drew the star constellations
Don't get my wrong i love stargatebut just because the Egyptians drew star constellations doesn't mean its 100% proof

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
They don't look the same. I will give you "somewhat similar", but that really is a stretch imo.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What do you think about a 17 year-old movie accurately predicting an ancient Egyptian symbol, not supposedly discovered until now, and not yet deciphered? Do you find that odd at all?

Accurately? How....the egeption glyph has a neck below the circle.

Sorry, your observation is so flawed.

I want to see it, but tell me how it accurately predicted the symbol...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think the similarity of the symbols is just coincidental. However, me likey "Stargate" very much, and the sand glyph video is cool - I've never seen those before. So star and flag from me for the vid.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
dont forget that the majority of people who saw those pics from the newly discovered chamber thought that they were illegible blobs of paint.
i dont see any similarity with the pic you posted relating to the movie stargate.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
dont forget that the majority of people who saw those pics from the newly discovered chamber thought that they were illegible blobs of paint.

That is simply not true, the majority of people have recognized these as symbols (albeit faded) that have yet to be determined as to what they mean.

Who says they are blobs of paint

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just don't see similarities.
I certainly enjoy Egyptian culture and the stargate twist, but I'm just not seeing this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e18bd02d3b3d.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
reply to post by Signals

i'll happily admit they probably once were distinct heiroglyphs of some sort.
but the pics we have of them are literally illegible, they could be anything and most likely they look nothing like what they did origionally.

link   
No. You've brought this up before in Giza threads and the answer is still no. Preposterous.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

When I first saw those new images from the pyramid my imagination came up with something closer to these...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a30dc21189c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a7450688e8d.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The pyramid symbols definitely don't look like just blobs of paint to me. They look intentional. And I certainly do see the similarity to the "Stargate" symbol, although they are not identical, which is why I think it is probably a coincidence. In the "Stargate" symbol the circle sits directly atop a triangle, whereas the pyramid symbol has a neck before it splits into the traingular part. Also the "Stargate" symbol has an inner circle, centered, like a donut, and the pyramid symbol does not appear to have that, although I can make out a possibly offset inner circle - it's hard to tell if that is just fading. I do notice that both have a diamond shape inside the triangle portion of the symbols.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join