It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEIU manual : break the law, harrass and intimidate company executives and get around extortion laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The unions have become their enemy. This is what happens when they become too strong... corruption sets in...

The same thing is happening in Canada... the unions are corrupt at the top, doing deals with big business who want to screw their employees while going to war with any corporation who don't lick their boots.

VERNUCCIO: Labor’s new strategy: Intimidation for dummies

Pressure manual advocates bullying of employers and their families

In the past decade, unions have become increasingly desperate to obtain new dues-paying members. An example of how desperate can be found in a 70-plus-page intimidation manual from the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which only recently came to light in a pending court case.

The new union tactic is to use pressure on corporate boardrooms as a means of organizing entire companies nationwide rather than recruiting workers on a site-by-site basis; in short, to organize employers rather than employees. To create this pressure, unions attempt to push businesses to the edge of bankruptcy, with little regard for the welfare of employer and employee. They attempt to strong-arm businesses into agreeing to take away the secret ballot for employees in union-organizing elections via card check. They also try to force employers to restrict their own speech on union issues so that workers will not get both sides of the story on unionization. Among the SEIU’s demands is that employers agree to bargain only with it, to the exclusion of all other unions, regardless of what workers want.

SEIU’s manual details how “outside pressure can involve jeopardizing relationships between the employer and lenders, investors, stockholders, customers, clients, patients, tenants, politicians, or others on whom the employer depends for funds.” The union advises using legal and regulatory pressure to “threaten the employer with costly action by government agencies or the courts.”

It details the use of community groups to “damage an employer’s public image and ties with community leaders and organizations.” SEIU recommends going after company officials personally. Not mincing words, SEIU states, “It may be a violation of blackmail and extortion laws to threaten management officials with release of ‘dirt’ about them if they don’t settle a contract. But there is no law against union members who are angry at their employer deciding to uncover and publicize factual information about individual managers.”

The “dirt” includes charges such as “racism, sexism, exploitation of immigrants or proposals that would take money out of the community for the benefits of distant stockholders.” SEIU recommends “[l]eafleting outside meetings where [targeted managers] are speaking, their homes, or events sponsored by community organizations they are tied to are some ways to make sure their friends, neighbors, and associates are aware of the controversy.”

Thanks much to that judge who ordered the release of the SEIU manual.

In some areas, the manual blatantly advises breaking the law, stating, “Union members sometimes must act in the tradition of Dr. Martin Luther King and Mohatma [sic] Gandhi and disobey laws which are used to enforce injustice against working people.”

Well if they really did work for the good of the working people, they would use those tactics against democrats and republicans, Clinton, Bush and Obama which screwed all workers in America, by passing legislation like NAFTA and the like. But of course they won't do that. The unions, just like the big corporations and the government, have become too big and have been sold.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Boy, this is a quiet thread.
Unions must of gotten to the ATS members as well.

I think it's important that these tactics are exposed, even if they don't expose anything we didn't already know, it does show a coordinated effort to extort and blackmail.

In a better world, we'd see jail time for these thugs.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i dont have anything nice to say about unions never will

for most part they are a bunch of crooks and thugs and most union members will deny they are and to some degree there may a few exceptions to that rule but ends justify the means.

all union members have done is trade one master for another you can not get any more communistic than unions.

where the individual counts for nothing and the union is everything they are corrupt to their very core and most condone those actions set forth in the seiu manual.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't know why Unions are not subject to the RICO laws.

ESP Gov unions.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
SEIU represents the nurses and housekeepers at the hospital I work at, and nothing like this has happened. I'm sure most unions are corrupt, I don't think ALL the members are evil, corrupt people though. I like being in a union. I get far better pay than non-union workers, get benefits, a pension, my schooling was paid for. The hospital I'm at is very anti union, and the administrators have been trying hard to break our union rules and hire temps in our dept so they don't have to pay benefits. Union jobs are far better than non union jobs. Non-union people get treated like garbage at my hospital, absolute garbage.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

While most unions got their start with legitimate grievances.
Most if not all become bullies after a decade or so.

Once upon a time I did look for the union label on goods because I had a choice to buy or not.

new topics

top topics

join