It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of Neverwinter Nights...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The first one was incredible, it won over 80 awards and the game is still going strong almost 10 years later. I still play from time to time.

The second one was a flop, though the graphics were improved the overall game play wasn't very good.

I pray that this installment of NWN is at least as good as the first one. They've had ten years to do it right, the graphics look amazing, so i guess only time will tell...

D&D fans... we just might have a home again

www.playneverwinter.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
looks epic, though personally I'm really looking forward more to the Elder Scrolls, this will be fun too.

Is this game multiplayer?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Yup, you haven't played any of the series? Neverwinter nights was litterally the first RPG game, "the original" MMORPG game...

en.wikipedia.org...(AOL_game)

the second edition came out in 2002, and it won more awards then any game in history at the time, and like i said its still played regularly by thousands of people.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My problem with NWN is that, in single player mode, you cannot have a party. I liked the BG series and ToEE much better.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
My problem with NWN is that, in single player mode, you cannot have a party. I liked the BG series and ToEE much better.

lol what?

Of course you can have a party, you can play the whole campaign with friends or by yourself... party members show up later in the story.

BG was limited to 4 players though, in nwn you can have up to 64... and i think theres bigger servers. Besides who plays the single player game.

The real game is the player created "persistant worlds"

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

lol what?

Of course you can have a party, you can play the whole campaign with friends or by yourself... party members show up later in the story.

BG was limited to 4 players though, in nwn you can have up to 64... and i think theres bigger servers. Besides who plays the single player game.

The real game is the player created "persistant worlds"

Maybe I played it wrong, but I could only have 1 henchman at a time. I play SP because my schedule does not allow for mp.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Yah i get that, it can be time consuming.

SP doesn't give you the interaction of online rp though... If you get on a hardcore rp realm it can be amazing fun, unlike any other game.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Man... all they really need to do is just remake the first game with the engine from the second game. Much like many franchises that try to appeal to American sensibilities; they make them dumber and prettier as time goes on.

Could be great, though. Keepin' mah fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Akragon

Man... all they really need to do is just remake the first game with the engine from the second game. Much like many franchises that try to appeal to American sensibilities; they make them dumber and prettier as time goes on.

dude the second game engine was terrible it was basically a modified original which messed it up, the first one was awesome but outdated... they need a total revamp.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

dude the second game engine was terrible it was basically a modified original which messed it up, the first one was awesome but outdated... they need a total revamp.

I guess I was just thinking in terms of "prettiness". It probably didn't help that I played the first on something akin to an abacus with a monitor and then played the second on my current beast.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I guess I was just thinking in terms of "prettiness". It probably didn't help that I played the first on something akin to an abacus with a monitor and then played the second on my current beast.

Hahaha, ya it was definatly prettier....

Funny i posted this thread.... 90% chance i won't be able to run the damn game anyways

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure if my memory is serving me correctly... but I remember playing the first NWN mostly in 1 player mode (which was alright), and when others joined in on the LAN, the game just doubled the amount of NPCS which I thought was pretty lame.

I'd like to try this new one, but I hope it isn't like WoW when they say "If you're going to survive, you'd best group up."
I stopped WoW long ago, and one reason was because I got sick of being FORCED to group up with a bunch of bratty kids.

With that said, I'd rather see BG (I guess it kinda did with "Dragon Age" but they never actually came out and said it) come back to life, or even Icewind Dale! I miss the good old days..

edit on 18-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I'm not sure if my memory is serving me correctly... but I remember playing the first NWN mostly in 1 player mode (which was alright), and when others joined in on the LAN, the game just doubled the amount of NPCS which I thought was pretty lame.

I'd like to try this new one, but I hope it isn't like WoW when they say "If you're going to survive, you'd best group up."
I stopped WoW long ago, and one reason was because I got sick of being FORCED to group up with a bunch of bratty kids.

With that said, I'd rather see BG come back to life, or even Icewind Dale! I miss the good old days..

edit on 18-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Well the one single player game is boring once you play online, i enjoyed it at the start, but again once you start playing persistant worlds, hardcore rp realms it becomes an obscession.

I won't even play the single player mode if i can run this game, the online servers will be where its at just like the first two games.

And if you didn't actually play any online worlds, You're missing out.....seriously

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I never played the 2nd NWN (computer too old) and never played the AOL one (never heard of it when it was new) but I absolutely loved the first NWN. After beating the game, I downloaded the community made "Players Resource Consortium" (PRC) and the "Community Expansion Pack" (CEP) and had a blast with community made modules and persistent worlds and the like. The only problem I found was that there was a lack of higher level online content to download (other than epic spells in the PRC/CEP) and that was where I liked to spend most of my time playing. I mean, which is more fun, killing a kobold, or annihilating an entire army of dragons?

new topics

top topics

join