It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Government demands all keys to properties belonging to Cedar Falls residents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Why are these people so worried about the theft of a computer from their residence and NOT the fact that they are giving away their rights, privacy and freedom?

Wrong priorities here.

Gives new meaning to the term "getting the keys to the city".

Any lawsuits yet? If I lived there there would be.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

In the video it said that only business and commercial properties would need a KNOX box, not personal residences. They are very common where I live and it takes a special key to open it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I did battle over this very issue several years ago after catching management making unauthorized entries into my apartment. I'm home 24/7 except for two hours on my weekly errand day... and that's the time they always chose to enter my apartment and snoop around... always leaving something behind to let me know that they had been there... a calling card so to speak. Caught those dirty bastards red handed TWICE... and another time when I set a trap. One broad stole a gold earring off of my dresser... a family heirloom. God only knows what her need for one GD gold earring was. And I know for a fact that LE was involved... ain't that right, Bucky Baby???

As it stands, I have no legal grounds to stop them from entering while I'm out... but I changed the dead bolt and it can no longer be opened with a master key like everybody else's apartment can be. I can't stop them from entering while I'm out... but I sure as hell can stop them while I'm at home. I also have hooks on the weather door for security while I'm home. Before the hooks they could have walked in any damn time they wanted... while I'm sleeping... or showering. Pretty GD scary... let me tell you.

I used to take walks for my health... but had to quit that after catching them with a trap I set. I have to lock everything up just to go around back to do a load of laundry.

My guess the only reason Cedar Falls wants these keys is to mess with people for whatever reason they deem necessary. JMHO based on my own personal experiences.
edit on 17-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sounds like it would be time to move out of the jurisdiction.

Thats really creepy..

The things local and big government try to do for our "Safety"... Like we're a bunch of mindless zombies. wait a minute....
edit on 17-7-2011 by Cygnis because: Spelling fail

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

It's piss and V-I-N-E-G-A-R... vinegar and P-I-S-S.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This doesn't pass the sniff test to me.

I say follow the money....
Who owns the lockbox system?
Have there been bribes?
Who sponsored this bill?

You can't tell me that there are so many fires in Cedar Falls that would warrant the cost of implementing this system.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
More training for the sheep.
a lock smith can open a lock in 5 to 50 seconds.
my brother is one. and he show'd me the tools.
and No scratches. look up bump keys!
what do you think the CIA use?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Bump keys are pretty easy, but you have to have the right type for the lock. A kwikset will not work in a shrade for example.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu

My guess the only reason Cedar Falls wants these keys is to mess with people for whatever reason they deem necessary. JMHO based on my own personal experiences.
edit on 17-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

They have the keys here in this over 55 retirement HOA of 20,000 people.

That seems to be the law here. When they need to get in to a place it is
usually for health reasons NOT FIRES. Naturally the Paramedics arrive first,
along with the fire department.
THEY NEVER HAVE THE KEYS.
THE MANAGEMENT HAS THE KEYS,
A FEW MILES AWAY SOMEWHERE.
So first they try and climb in through the atrium using a ladder to get on the
roof and a ladder to get down into the condo.
If the atrium door is locked they then will break a window to get in
UNLESS THE MANAGEMENT HAS ARRIVED WITH THE KEYS.
That is cheaper and easier than breaking a door.
Then they get the resident out and take them to the ER.

This happened to my neighbor.

AND YES THEY WILL ENTER YOUR CONDO
WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT JUST TO CHECK UP
ON STUFF LIKE THE PLUMBING OR WHATEVER.
They have entered my unit without permission because
our neighbor had a problem with her toilet,but they
did leave a note saying they were there.

AN HOA ,HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION IS LIKE A FIEFDOM
WHERE YOU HAVE VERY FEW RIGHTS.
Can you sue them? Sure, but they have teams of lawyers
who will cost you tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees,
and if you lose the bylaws say you must pay their attorneys fees.

Put a lock on your bedroom door.
Change the Locks

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I am not sure where here is. There is a little bit of difference in management over a retirement community having the keys and the house keys being placed in a box in the front of your house with access to any and everyone. Not only is it housing it also involves all the businesses in Cedar Falls. They are saying that it doesn't include private owned houses. It will come. This entire thing is part of implementing Agenda 21 people you need to do some serious homework and get your head wrapped around what is going on.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Not to be a wet blanket but wasn't this posted a couple of weeks ago on another thread?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'll also bet the fact that just one kick for the doorstep puts them within your home and fighting the fire very much sooner than finding your keys away from the lock box, then unlocking your doorstep nicely while your home is ablaze

edit on 17/7/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join