It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: No Evidence of Imminent Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Bush Administration is backing off of the recently issued terror advisories by now stating that they do not believe an attack is imminent. After initally sounding the alarm it appears they have now done a more detailed analysis of the evidence, and discovered that it may not point towards immediate attacks.

www.foxnews.com
And since Ridge's announcement, the Bush administration has discovered no evidence of imminent plans by terrorists to attack U.S. buildings, a White House official acknowledged Thursday.

Some documents and computer files seized in Al Qaeda raids included surveillance reports of the financial buildings during 2000 and 2001, which prompted warnings Aug. 1 from the White House about possible threats. But nothing in the documents themselves has suggested any attack was planned soon, the official said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It certainly seems as if the Bush administration is now so cautious that they will issue an alert without the full story. First they are blamed for not informing the public, and now they are alerting the public to soon.

Certainly this should not make the Orange alert for NYC, DC, and Newark any less relevant, but without a time frame, I am afraid all of those trying to protect those areas will become burned out.

[edit on 8-14-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is just too funny. They have WMD.....Oh wait they don't. We're all going to die....Oh wait, that's not really soon. A fish out of water doesn't filp/flop this much....or does it?

Election time propaganda if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey the alert did help to take steam out of the DNC convention. It stopped Kerry from getting too much press and put all the Bush folks out in front of the media again.

Okay sorry but this just reeks of someone making more of something than needed with some suspect timing.

I want to believe they are working for my best interest and probably are but they also are willing to sieze an opportunity that presents itself. The sad thing, Kerry would have done the same if he could... All politicians look for these openings.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This "amazing vanishing alert" system sucks. They blow the cover of an important informant in the process, for no reason. Then concede nothing was gonna happen. I'm so tired of these jolts of fear we have to endure for political reasons.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I see it more has going off half cocked then a flip flop. They definately didn't do a complete analysis of the evidence. DHS jumped the gun, and it is costing millions of dollars in OT for police in the 3 locations. Not to mention the other areas that also heightened their alert status.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What are they doing now, guessing information?!
They should really make a better alert system and recheck their intelligence data because this is a pathetic.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
We do the flip-flop, the hop-e-di-hop...and step back...and to the left.
One final look into the past, and we're out...let's go.

I get the feeling Mr. Bushs fitness trainer issues the homeland security alerts

"Step back, and...push...and forward, step back".
Now it is just our task to find out his training program and we will know about the next alerts

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
too bad they wasted all the effort of adding BLUE and GREEN to the terror alert system. Couldn't we drop to BLUE for even one day?

what a load of crap.

There is no terrorist anywhere.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

shoo
I get the feeling Mr. Bushs fitness trainer issues the homeland security alerts
"Step back, and...push...and forward, step back".

Lol, in this case, I would rather go for systematic drug abuse..! Either cocain or '___'..,maybe both. Cocain because of the paranoia and acid because they're so into colors..

ohh and of course the hallucinations....

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
An American internation relations expert thinks different on this subject. He thinks that it is inevitable of an attack.

kiwinews.com
A nuclear attack by terrorists against the United States is inevitable, according to an American international relations expert visiting the University of Canterbury.

Professor Terry Nardin, a political scientist from the University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, is using his six-week visit as a Canterbury Fellow to teach theories of international relations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
An American internation relations expert thinks different on this subject. He thinks that it is inevitable of an attack.

I have seen this story before, and I can't disagree with it, however, the story I posted relates to how soon an attack will occured, not whether or not it will.

inevitable not eqal to imminent

new topics

top topics

join