It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sovereign Debt Downgraded to a "C-minus", DHS Warns Of Terror Attack If Debt Ceiling Not Rais

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by BioSafe

there cannot be this level of dependency in America, and America still retain it's freedom!!!!

Thats a fact.....jack. Dependency on overseas oil overseas goods ect you get owned. Who would have ever thought that we could sell ourself down the river....over "consumer goods"? We were sold this idea that the wise shopper buys cheep and looks for deals.....and the Chinese were there waiting.

America is having the guts cut out of her by way of economic subterfuge.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
if by terrorist attack to further cripple us financially they mean to retaliate to a false flag/funded attack with increased military force/presence/spending, then yeah, that would indeed intensify this bottomless boogie man they loom darkly over the masses now. the whole debt war, like terrorism, is indefinable, and obviously impossible to overcome, which equals mondo complacency which means more crappy tv shows get ratings. oh and that's just for starters.
edit on 24-7-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
reply to post by BioSafe

What entitlements are you talking about? If you mean cut Welfare then i'm fine with that as long as there are jobs for all these people but if you are talking about cutting SSI then there has to be some kind of sense as to why?

If no one has jobs....welfare cant be sustained. It will be the people that have something to lose....homes, cars ect....that will be out looking for any sort of work while those with nothing get a check from Uncle Sugar.

One thing for sure, if times get really bad and it looks like we are going to go belly up we sure as heck wont be able to support the welfare class any longer. We wont be able to borrow more money just to keep them in a check.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by BioSafe

"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach the man to fish, and you've fed him everyday!!""
or however it goes ....
I've known many, many people who have worked, and well, are still in need of help with their rent, food stamps, ect...

there isn't gonna be much of an improvement till the pay these people are getting for their work is enough for them to pay their bills!!!
these people are doing jobs that society needs, in many cases, the companies they are working for are making enough money that they could pay them more, but, for some reason, they are choosing not to, or instead they are choosing to divert some of that profit to the higher wage earners in the form of raises and bonuses....
got to tell ya something, if society can't even wrap it's little minds around the idea that these people deserve to at least earn the money that society and the business sector has made necessary to keep them alive, well, I have little faith that they will be generous enough to give them much of anything!!!
dependancy=servitude!!
and it seems like there's far too many people in this country who would rather have far too many people dependant either to the gov't or to "charity", or to husband, and thus, in servitude!!!

there cannot be this level of dependency in America, and America still retain it's freedom!!!!

I am in agreement with you brother, however entitlment programs = Dependency. Many of these folks are simply slaves to the hand that feeds them. Govt control at its finest.
edit on 24-7-2011 by BioSafe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

if it wasn't for the number or full time workers that are having to take the handouts, I'd agree, it's the entitlements that are the problem....
but when two people can both be working and still come up short and need help, then the problem is much deeper than entitlements...
wall street and corporate profits shouldn't be the primary concern of the gov't!!!
main street should be....
and it seems to me that the quest for corporate profits and great stock quotes has about killed main street!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join