It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sovereign Debt Downgraded to a "C-minus", DHS Warns Of Terror Attack If Debt Ceiling Not Rais

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
weiss is a protagonist...and has no standing or authority as a 'established' rating Agency

the existing Agencies like S&P and the lot are not the sharpest knives in the drawer... but they are the certified asuthority on ratings...
Weiss (for all their correct calls on the derivatives crisis, years beforehand) is not a recognized or legiitimate authority... their's is a proprietary call... assessment of the USAs soverign debt and rating.

while they are most likely a better guage of the USA dollar & debt rating... they are not 'official'

Weiss, is akin to the info put out by 'shadow sats'...closer to the reality but not 'official'

Weiss' rating is from a objective & realistic view... but the magicians at the Fed/Treas/shadow gov't rating is what counts and the USA is still AAA or perhaps thought of a being downgraded to AAa===nothing lower

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
LOL that's funny. None is still going to do anything until the Government forecloses on everyone's farm in farmvile.

Does this mean I can tell the bank to raise my credit or the bank might catch fire? Is this how the game works??

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by Vitchilo

They can't just cut off entitlements without giving people a backup plan. That would be MASS murder. Most people on entitlements depend on that for 60-100% of their income. I doubt they will just cut off 50 million americans. Is our government that cruel?

edit on 17-7-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

This sudden stop talk is just hype....but do look for cuts to talke place over the next 10 years or so. They must cut back here. Even the dems know it but want the republicans to take all the heat.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

They can't just cut off entitlements without giving people a backup plan. That would be MASS murder. Most people on entitlements depend on that for 60-100% of their income. I doubt they will just cut off 50 million americans. Is our government that cruel?

Why cant they or wouldn’t they? Look at how many of our vets are homeless and on street corners. These are the men and women who have given of them selves and our Govt has said F-you. Now let me ask you. What is wrong or why shouldn’t our Govt cut off the entitlements to the folks who are collecting their living or so called reparations for contributing NOTHING. That my friend is not cruel. Many folks have become parasites and do not have any form of a work ethic and therefore are not instilling a work ethic in their prodigy. Cut the entitlements now and cause some pain in those that don’t contribute or keep the entitlements and cause the demise of our nation. I have had enough of taking care of those that don’t contribute to our economic, moral or spiritual base.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

And what is these people cannot get jobs to contribute? Or what of those people in this group on welfare DO CONTRIBUTE by way of voluntary work or other charitable activities? What is wrong with people who have no recourse having had their last pitiful allowance taken from them, taking a bat to your head and robbing you of your spoils? I suggest there's nothing wrong with that either.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Good question,
who is going to be man enough,
to answer?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

“So you can understand why Al Qaeda, or any other terrorist organization motivated by the jihadist ideology, would see that America is highly vulnerable right now – perhaps more than it’s ever been - to an attack or attacks the impact or direct effect [of which] would be further depression of the US’s economy,” one of the counterterrorism officials said.

Haha! Wow.......yeah, thanks, U.S. government officials! Way to keep it going....one can never tire of hearing doomsday warnings about terror and mayhem by our favorite, home grown, fake terrorist group! This time, instead of a pantie bomber on a plane, I hope it's an anal cavity bomber. At least give terror a twist, guys.

Do it for us. Remember, we are counting on you, CIA, to not only provide fear, but to make each and every new fake terrorist attack fresh and exciting to keep us interested.

edit on 18-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
reply to post by BioSafe

And what is these people cannot get jobs to contribute? Or what of those people in this group on welfare DO CONTRIBUTE by way of voluntary work or other charitable activities? What is wrong with people who have no recourse having had their last pitiful allowance taken from them, taking a bat to your head and robbing you of your spoils? I suggest there's nothing wrong with that either.

Let me make this clear. Anyone who has a proven track record such as they have held a job but needs assistance STAYS. Anyone who has never held a job and has made no attempt in providing service to their comunity GOES.

Each one of us may be in need of assistance and that what the assistance is for. The assistance is NOT for those that choose not to contribute. Period.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Tex This is just more proof in my mind that the global terror threat is linked with global business. The mafia went global on us. They now fund terror cells through their massive wealth and use the threat attack on us as a warning to act, so that we will demand government to intervene. Pathetic that more in government are not looking at this angle. Instead we chalk terrorism up to a bunch of religious fundamentalist without giving due consideration to who might be behind funding these operations. t

I agree.

I think the fact we haven't had any successful attacks on American soil since 9/11 tells more about who is really behind these attacks then it does to show our ramped-up security measures have succeeded. If al Qaeda were a legitimate organization of terrorists who were intent on killing us, they would have been able to pull off more attacks. It would not be that difficult if they were as well connected as our government tries to make them out to be.

RUBBISH.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
They seem to be cutting the federal unemployment stimulous... 6 months early!

I have 2000.00 left in my account, and they've cut me short this week...

All because of this. How many others?

P.S.:

Let me make this clear. Anyone who has a proven track record such as they have held a job but needs assistance STAYS. Anyone who has never held a job and has made no attempt in providing service to their comunity GOES.

I've worked since the age of 13... and get insulted when I recieve those Social Security statements telling me how much I WON'T be recieving. Now I'm cut off on my unemployment even.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

“So you can understand why Al Qaeda,... would see that America is highly vulnerable right now – ...,”
one of the counterterrorism officials said.

Haha! Wow.......yeah, thanks, U.S. government officials! Way to keep it going....one can never tire of hearing doomsday warnings about terror and mayhem by our favorite, home grown, fake terrorist group! This time, instead of a pantie bomber on a plane, I hope it's an anal cavity bomber .At least give terror a twist, guys.

Do it for us. Remember, we are counting on you, CIA, to not only provide fear, but to make each and every new fake terrorist attack fresh and exciting to keep us interested.

edit on 18-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

Had to star that up Gypsy, and thank you for the next likely skivvie scenario.
I believe you are on the right track, though maybe the jaded American psyche needs
more on the order of 'ultimately nauseating and repulsive' , instead of 'fresh and exciting',
to awaken large clumps of the herd. You know the old saw, "Cough Up and Wake the
Smelly"? There's sometimes genius in dyslexia, making Norm Crosby my favorite.

You want a real bang per buck gut bomb, just ask me P2P for an old German guy's
recipe for two alarm chipotle black bean Black Death Bovine chile and a skunky MGD or two.
It tastes great some few minutes after your taste buds have been permanently traumatized.
Grope this, Sergeant Major... I'll glue you to me until HazMat hasta amputate. And some
have even suicided waiting for the bunny suits to show while I locally entertained with
trombone practice... and no I'm not a CIA ASSet. Call me an independent constrictor.

Back finally to the soaked threads-- I'm actually surprised some of these guys have defied
probability for this long by not actually running themselves over ON CAMERA to the point
Joe Four Pack would notice it yet. Mo raw onions fer them seconds Bub?
The Eighth Protocol states in a nutshell "Don't hire anybody less compromised than you are."
The prosecution rests.
ADVISORY: Don't try this at home, my housekeeper demanded a 50% raise.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
SS is not an entitlement program. Check your paycheck stubs and look at the taxes you pay for it. If they are cutting SS, are they also going to cut SS Taxes?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So the US government has decided to hold the American people hostage.

I wish you the best fellow humans in America, may you come out on top this time rather than the banks and media moguls.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Guys/Gals cmon!

All debt is junk, especially the kind that comes from international banking institutions or capital investment banks.

It's just paper with ink, and half the time it's not even that tangible it's digits in the electronic computer dimension.

The only real value is resources, check how much of that is left and then you can gauge the true economic situation.

Metals, arable land, etc.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

All debt is junk, especially the kind that comes from international banking institutions or capital investment banks.

Great words. The implications then are of course that the US is being held hostage by foreign interests.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
DHS is probably worried that the gov't will start looking a little harder to waste to cut, and look at their budget!!!

and they had hopes of having body scanners at every street corner in the nation!!1

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

what would you have them do, the money is gone.......

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Great words. The implications then are of course that the US is being held hostage by foreign interests.

no the usa has held countires economic hostage for years, that is how america has mantained such a high standard of living. The different now is you are being beaten at your own game....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

no the usa has held countires economic hostage for years, that is how america has mantained such a high standard of living.

High standard of living is relative.

I've been to the US, laguna beach California. It's so filled with luxuries that one would think: "WOW these people have it all figured out".

Until I saw a homeless man in ripped clothing stare into a restaurant.

The high standard is an image being sold.

The different now is you are being beaten at your own game....

Not my game
Not the peoples game either. Remember we are all herd animals, of course individuals hold a small part of blame BUT you can't hold it against them as they simply did not have the information at hand that we do now. You can blame the people leading the herd though, as they definitely have and had enough information.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Hello Moodys, I an American born citizen are demanding you and this nations worse offense to its soil our current Government stop rapping, pillageing and killing the peoples of our nation and the world. I do not want to give to you anymore you greedy bleep-bleeps. I don't believe a word you say, and hey if they do attack us these terrorist you threaten us with we lower class peoples you know allll the people under you can defend ourselves when pushed past our lines of acceptance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join