Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Leonid Elenin doesn't exist and I have undeniable EVIDENCE that will settle this debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thank you for taking time to do this research and post. I highly doubt Leonid Elenin is a real person and if he is, he did not discover the comet originally. Why? Because in Oct, 2010, the USA Government issued a document to the President stating that comets and all inbound material (asteroids, comets, meteors, etc) are considered top secret until all levels are briefed and discuss. They have cataloged all incoming objects that will take 10 YEARS TO REACH US!! This is only a comet that was jostled from the asteroid belt due to the incoming dwarf star.

Not only that, Leonid Elenin does not speak in Russian when writing/blogging on spaceobs.org. He speaks fluent English and this would never be the case for someone born/living in Russia!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
What does NID in Leonid's name. Has to have some meaning if it's made up.

Well, if you look on Wikipedia - it says this (amongst other things)
NID (Stargate)- a fictional secret government organization in the television series Stargate SG-1
NID - National Intelligence Director, the US official responsible for oversight of intelligence agencies

Well - I'm convinced

But it could also mean this:
Neuronal Intestinal Dysplasia- a condition involving abnormalities with the nerves supplying the bowel

But in all seriousness, there is a lot of good research here. I've had a hard time believing what we've been told about Elenin being harmless, but at the same time - I am not an astronomer. We can listen to both sides till our ears bleed and, in the end, nothing will change what happens when Elenin gets closer. It's going to happen. Either it will be a safe distance, or it will hit us. My final say is this... Oh Well. If it causes extinction... then we die. If it is close, but not very close... then... we live. Can't change it either way. No point getting worked up about it. I've prepared myself the best I can for natural disasters. If I have to survive, I sure as hell will try. Be it a comet, earthquake, flood... (not likely hurricane or tornado in my location here in Utah).
No one can keep it secret forever if it is going to hit us directly. In the end - we will all know the truth eventually.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by curiouswa

Not only that, Leonid Elenin does not speak in Russian when writing/blogging on spaceobs.org. He speaks fluent English and this would never be the case for someone born/living in Russia!

Watch RT News... Russian channel, English speakers....

...oh, and from his blog:

«Путь к 500 кометам. Комета Еленина». Алан Хейл
15.07.2011 | Автор: Leonid Elenin
(+1 рейтинг / rating, 1 голосов / votes)

A. Hale
Это, несомненно, одна из самых ожидаемых комет за последние годы. Она была обнаружена еще 10 декабря 2010 года, Леонидом Елениным, российским астрономом приживающим в городе Люберцы. В настоящий момент он является научным сотрудником Института прикладной математики им. М. В. Келдыша. Леонид является опытным наблюдателем комет, за сравнительно небольшой промежуток времени, им были переоткрыты несколько коротко-периодических комет, а комета C/2010 X1 стала его первой открытой кометой. Леонид удаленно наблюдает с помощью 45-см телескопа, оснащенного ПЗС-камерой, на обесрватории ISON-NM в Нью-Мексико (между прочим, совсем не далеко от того места, где я живу). На момент его открытия, комета была довольно слабым объектом, имела блеск между 19-й и 20-й звездными величинами и находилась в 4,2 а.е. от Солнца.

I dont know what it says on account of it being in russian...

edit on 17-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Translated from Russian to English it says:

The path to the 500 comets. Comet Elenin. "Alan Hale
15.07.2011 | Author: Leonid Elenin
(1 rating / rating, 1 votes / votes)

A. Hale
This is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated of comets in recent years. It has been found for 10 December 2010, Leonid Yelenin, Russian astronomer take root in Lyubertsy. Currently, he is a Fellow of the Institute of Applied Mathematics. Keldysh. Leonid is an experienced observer of comets, in a relatively short period of time, they were rediscovered a few short-period comets, and comet C/2010 X1 was his first open a comet. Leonid remotely monitors with 45-cm telescope equipped with a CCD camera, the obesrvatorii ISON-NM New Mexico (among other things, not far from the place where I live). At the time of its discovery, the comet was relatively faint object that was brilliance between the 19th and 20th magnitudes of 4.2 and was au from the sun.

Google translate is a friend,

here to help
edit on 17-7-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa

Why not? Are Russians congenitally incapable of learning English or something??

Did no-one bother to tell those Rusian spies caught in the US last year that they weren't allowed to speak good "American" English for years to avoid detection??

Or tourist guides in St Petersburg??

Jeez ..

edit on 17-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"oh what a night, late September back in '11, we all got lied to about comet Elenin, what's that up there in the sky...?" haha, just because there is a website and somebody blogging claiming to be Elenin, that means he's 100% real?? wrong!! oh, yeah, check out my blog on my website: www.johnnydepp.com jk! i thought i saw something brighter than normal around 3am this morning in the eastern/north-eastern sky from north-eastern USA, but i checked google sky and it was Jupiter...lookin' brighter than ever!!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I tried to search him on the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (the place where he works) as normally anyone who makes an effort to have comets named after them and discover 10 variable stars, they should naturally be up somewhere on the university website - pretty much every university does this. I didn't find any mention of Leonid Elenin whatsoever anywhere on the university website. You can check for your selves here: www.keldysh.ru...

The search is a bit tricky, but you could have found him there. First use the google online translator to translate his name and the name of the institute into russian letters, so you get

Келдыш and Еленин

Then use this 2 words in google search, so you get a document in russian at
http://келдыш.рф/ipm-awards.pdf

The first part of the url is in lattin letters "keldysh".

Some more links are at the russian Wiki page of Leonid Elenin which you find when you google for "Еленин, Леонид Владимирович"

This doesn't mean that I think the comet is just an ordinary thing, I just wanted to point out how to find info about Leonid Elenin.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Marlow because: Typo correction

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
reply to post by boncho

Google translate is a friend,

here to help
edit on 17-7-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

You may have missed the point.
edit on 17-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
Thank you for taking time to do this research and post. I highly doubt Leonid Elenin is a real person and if he is, he did not discover the comet originally. Why? Because in Oct, 2010, the USA Government issued a document to the President stating that comets and all inbound material (asteroids, comets, meteors, etc) are considered top secret until all levels are briefed and discuss.

ER...that's not actually true though, is it.

IIRC what was "made" top secret was information on "things" hitting the atmosphere that was obtained from US spy satellites - so as not to give away anything about their capabilities.

Any info from other sources remains as non-secret as it ever was - it was discussed on here recently but I can't find it

They have cataloged all incoming objects that will take 10 YEARS TO REACH US!! This is only a comet that was jostled from the asteroid belt due to the incoming dwarf star.

Except it doesn't come from the asteroid belt - it comes from the Oort cloud??

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

This is the mysterious Leonid Elenin iasc.hsutx.edu...
but check out the recent discoveries - theres no mention of his discovery of Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1).

Possibly because they haven't updated the webpage recently? Try again in a few months

I tried to search him on the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (the place where he works) as normally anyone who makes an effort to have comets named after them and discover 10 variable stars, they should naturally be up somewhere on the university website - pretty much every university does this. I didn't find any mention of Leonid Elenin whatsoever anywhere on the university website. You can check for your selves here: www.keldysh.ru...

It would help if you searched in Russian, as has been pointed out. Here is an award he received from his colleagues for discovering the comet. (Note, he works in the Mathematics and Computer Science Department, that is what makes him an "amateur" astronomer!)

Космические исследования
Первая премия
Сотрудник отдела № 5 Л.В. Еленин за работу «Первое за 20 лет открытие в России
новой кометы»
В

Kyeldish Institue

Loosely translated, it says:

"For Space Research:
First prize to L. V. Yelenin, Employee of Department 5
For being the first Russian to discover a comet in 20 years"

I then tried to look him up on the International Astronomical Search Collaboration (IASC) which keeps records of every discovery made by an astronomer. Again, I found no record of Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1) or its discoverer, Leonid Elenin. iasc.scibuff.com...

That's because you are looking in the wrong place. Try looking in the IAU database of confirmed, not provisional ie, not confirmed comets:

CK10X010 C/2010 X1 Elenin

www.minorplanetcenter.net...

Here's the astronomical telegram requesting confirmation:

Circular No. 9189
Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams
INTERNATIONAL ASTRONOMICAL UNION
New postal address: Hoffman Lab 209; Harvard University;
20 Oxford St.; Cambridge, MA 02138; U.S.A.
CBATIAU@EPS.HARVARD.EDU ISSN 0081-0304
URL www.cbat.eps.harvard.edu...
Prepared using the Tamkin Foundation Computer Network

COMET C/2010 X1 (ELENIN)
Leonid Elenin (Lyubertsy, Russia) reports his discovery of a
comet on four 240-s unfiltered CCD exposures taken remotely with a
0.45-m f/2.8 astrograph at the ISON-NM observatory near Mayhill,
NM, USA, on Dec. 10.435 UT ....

[Edited --DJW001]
www.cbat.eps.harvard.edu...

But boy oh boy, did the people behind the cover up make serious mistakes. When searching for the Ikeya-Murakami (C/2010 V1) comet, once again Leonid Elenin is not mentioned or even credited and this is from the NASA website!

That is because he did not discover it, he "confirmed" it; that is, it was his observation of it that proved it wasn't just a "one-nighter."

Much as I'd like to spend the rest of the night doing proper research for you, let me anticipate some of the points that have probably been raised while I've been typing this.

LEONID:

Yelenin:

The Yelenina Spit is located on the Azov Sea (or what's left of it.) Google it yourself. There is also a Jelenin in Poland and a town in Bulgaria. A Russian named "Elenin" is no more unusual than an American named "Coventry" or "York."

Well, I think I'll leave this and go watch "The Simpsons." At least they are deliberately trying to be funny.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
His I.D. in the video looks too pristine. This guy is fake, great work OP. funny about the money too.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

His I.D. in the video looks too pristine. This guy is fake, great work OP. funny about the money too.

Exactly how many Russian library cards have you ever seen? Be specific.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well, Egyptian texts state that we will not know the planet killer is coming until it is right on us, so maybe you do have a point, but I just cannot believe I will see something this spectacular in my lifetime... And I'm sure there is plenty more information about your ghost man getting around aswell that you have missed.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

You're prepared to back this with links, of course...

All ur secund linze belong to us.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Well, Egyptian texts state that we will not know the planet killer is coming until it is right on us,

Which Egyptian texts are those, and why should we believe them as absolute truth?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
how about this en.wikipedia.org...(cuneiform)
the sun has a lady
edit on 17-7-2011 by ariefb79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

People often say that you can't prove a negative. But that is false. Philosophers and mathematicians often prove negatives by using reductio ad absurdum.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hmm interesting Thread, You will receive a Star And Flag From Me, Now i do believe there is some kind of cover up going on here, and the video Of Mr. Elenin doesn't seem convincing, mainly because there is a picture of him by his telescope and they look nothing alike, i do not believe that this comet is nibiru/planet x etc.

But i do believe it will have a negative effect on our planet, Maybe we should all start monitoring mainstream news for sublimenal Messages, if this is indeed a cover up, there is usually some form of hidden messages circulating, Who knows this may just be another scar mongering story,

According to Harold Camping, the rapture is now ment to happen on the 29th of september this year, That will almost definatley fail, as will the 2012 conspiracy, and im not bragging here but i've survived the end of the world 5 times now, Surely that means I'm immortal
but anyway back on a serious note, Im not worried about this comet, no one should be, At the end of the day everything happens for a reason, I guess the correct term we're looking for if this comet collides with us is "$H!T Happens"

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Lets see-
ELENIN - Nine Eleven backwards

9/11/11 - closest approach of this comet to the Sun

11/9/11 - first ever US wide coordinated emergency broadcast
Notice the Release date of June(6) 9 11 and the Release number of 11-099

Right click this guys photo and the file name is 4911 - (for 911)

Daddy Bush announced New World Order on 9-11-90

11 years later we had 9/11/01 - twin towers

Sure - keep deluding yourself that this guy is "real". Whatever this "comet" is - man-made or not - holds significance to the evil force TPTB.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Well, Egyptian texts state that we will not know the planet killer is coming until it is right on us, so maybe you do have a point, but I just cannot believe I will see something this spectacular in my lifetime... And I'm sure there is plenty more information about your ghost man getting around aswell that you have missed.

What Egyptian text? The one you just made up in your head?

Thought so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join