It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gospel of Thomas Simplified - Mysteries of Jesus Urnraveled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here are some thoughts about some of this passages:

(1) And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."

This is because then you realize that you (the real yourself not your "flesh" outfit) are eternal and you cant die.

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."

This is because you realize that your experience is nothing else but a story that you can modify (if you know how).

Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

The real ourselves are the sons of the living father, not our flesh. Our flesh is the poverty.

For many who are first will become last, and they will become one and the same."

We all are many different partitions of one same being, like little droplets that together make an ocean.

The dead are not alive, and the living will not die.

Is our real selves what is alive and will not die. Our flesh is already dead and it will not live. The Flesh is an illusion, it's just a story we watch trough the eyes of the human primate we use to interact with this environment.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I don't believe in Jesus Christ as he's presented by the Christian faith. There were a few Christian sects after Jesus died and circumstance gave rise to the Niceans. If the Gnostics had risen to power I think the world would have been spared the Dark Ages and other spiritual enlightenments such as the Inquisition and Spanish Conquests.

I don't think Gnosticms would have allowed evil to hide within the Christian faith as it has done, and continues to do so.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
I don't believe in Jesus Christ as he's presented by the Christian faith. There were a few Christian sects after Jesus died and circumstance gave rise to the Niceans. If the Gnostics had risen to power I think the world would have been spared the Dark Ages and other spiritual enlightenments such as the Inquisition and Spanish Conquests.

I don't think Gnosticms would have allowed evil to hide within the Christian faith as it has done, and continues to do so.

That sounds reasonable, but then christian gnosticism isn't identical with autonomous gnosticism.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The key here is Peter. He was the rock that built the church. If you recall, he let Jesus down several times. Jesus scolds him for human reasoning and pride in his doubt.

Matthew 16:23 But he (Jesus) turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. (KJV)

Connect this to Jesus being the foundation (corner stone) and the rock being movable. The unstable rock will be rolled away to reveal Christ in the last days due to its pride. We see the failure of the Catholic Church in relationship to this. This is the exoteric church of dogma (material/extrinsic worship). The esoteric (intrinsic/internal) church of spirituality is spiritualism and new age built on John's Gnosis. These are two extremes. Jesus is the narrow path between found in the reformed churches starting with Luther, the printing of the English Bible and literacy (industrial and tech revolution).

The new world order is Rome (spiritual Babylon), Great Britain (financial Babylon), and the US (Military Babylon). Babylon the great is falling as we speak. This is the the Roman Empire revived. Turkey (Ottoman Empire) will soon rise and we will see the false-christ and have Armageddon as Babylon wakes back up to its error. Nothing will stop this since it is already foretold. We see the signs of all these things happening 2000 years after Jesus arrives to set the church in place and deliver the Gospel message to the masses. Man will then rise from the ashes to 1000 year peace. Then peace is once again taken as the earth is replaced and renewed.

Originally posted by Logman

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Gospel of Thomas - 22

When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom.

Seems to me the author is speaking of an android/cyborg.

Thoughts?
edit on 2/19/2016 by Lurker1 because: Added something.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1
When the two become one?
There has never been more than one but man feels separate from life - it is as if there is life and there is you, that has life.
There is just aliveness happening as what is actually happening.
Aliveness does not consist of two things - you and aliveness. Aliveness is alive - it is one.

The Gospel of Saint Thomas is speaking about non duality - or the old name for it is Advaita - which means 'not two'.

edit on 20-2-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's one interpretation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join