It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Babylon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b00cf65ad3e.jpg[/atsimg]

And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77f7325b6dd9.jpg[/atsimg]

...and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b77b311e1082.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2651abb290d.jpg[/atsimg]

…and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy MERCHANTS were the GREAT MEN OF THE EARTH; for by thy SORCERIES were ALL NATIONS DECEIVED. (Revelation 18: 21-23)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9767c9beaa7.jpg[/atsimg]

…and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. (Reveleation 16:18)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0241e9d22d6a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41da75043ee3.jpg[/atsimg]

..For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies….

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9613ea6c24f4.jpg[/atsimg]

…And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she has filled fill to her double. How much she has glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she says in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow….
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4937e92c607c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/091c4cf26698.jpg[/atsimg]…And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, standing far away for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour is your judgment come. And the MERCHANTS of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buys their MERCHANDISE any more!..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbb6347126a8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/115c64f847b4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33255224ff79.jpg[/atsimg]As time goes on I will return to this thread to elaborate further and provide more in-depth reasoning and scriptural support.

Best wishes for your walk with Christ.

Cease from worry. (Phill 4:6)
Put no faith in man. (Isiah 2:22)
Have confidence (faith) in God. (Mark 11:2)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54677830922a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I admit, were I to take Revelation seriously, my money would indeed be on the U.S. being Babylon. Granted, I believe that Revelation was a commentary on the events of the time it was written, but if it was prophecy...then yeah, totally the U.S.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well this certainly is bad news.
I was rather hoping we weren't.
It is getting so I can't even enjoy my lunch anymore.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I agree with the title.
America is Babylon.
More specifically, the beast of Revelation coming up from the earth having two horns, which is the Anglo/America Empire.
Babylon would be the American Religion which endorses such behaviour.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

doom and gloom, you only look from one angle (perspective)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Care to give us an angle that shows anything nice coming out of the America ??

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i love the doom and gloom people, they ate caviar for lunch. Totaly oblivious to the world around them.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've seen this theory before, and it is indeed disturbing to think about. Then again, it would explain why there are no prophecies concerning the US in any of the apocalyptic texts: it's been destroyed, or at least crippled to the extent that the US can no longer project her power overseas.

S&F4 PartyGirl
edit on 7/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The Whore of Babylon is a religion that sits on 7 hills that comprise a city. The Beast is a city, the whore is the religion of that city. One more time: the whore is a religion, the beast is the city the whore sits on/resides in. This city is in control of the entire planet but (and here's the key) NOBODY KNOWS IT.

it's the beast that was, is not, and yet is. In other words, nobody realizes who is actually controlling the kings of the world. people are being encouraged to look over here, and over there, but not to look where the entire power structure emanates from. sorry, just been studying this subject for decades and it's not a nation, it's a city in control of the world and no body will realize it is in control until the crap hits the fan/ it's been in control for thousands of years. it has never been out of control.
edit on 17-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Babylon (Arabic: بابل, Babil; Akkadian: Bābili(m);[1] Sumerian logogram: KÁ.DINGIR.RAKI;[1] Hebrew: בבל, Bābel;[1] Greek: Βαβυλών, Babylōn) was an Akkadian city-state (founded in 1867 BC by an Amorite dynasty) of ancient Mesopotamia, the remains of which are found in present-day Al Hillah, Babil Province, Iraq, about 85 kilometers (55 mi) south of Baghdad. Babylon, along with Assyria to the north, was one of the two Akkadian nations that evolved after the collapse of the Akkadian Empire, although it was rarely ruled by native Akkadians. All that remains of the original ancient famed city of Babylon today is a mound, or tell, of broken mud-brick buildings and debris in the fertile Mesopotamian plain between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. The city itself was built upon the Euphrates, and divided in equal parts along its left and right banks, with steep embankments to contain the river's seasonal floods.

If the USA (or more correctly a city within the USA) was correct, then the Bible(or more importantly the word of God) would be erroneous.

If the Bible wasn't the word of God, then the prophecy in Revelations could be considered a fabrication.

Oh my, turns within turns.
edit on 17/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

just one example: the american people own more money, gold, houses, cars than ever before.
the per head wealth has never been higher.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

just one example: the american people own more money, gold, houses, cars than ever before.
the per head wealth has never been higher.

saudis have more. the quality of life of many muslim countries, as far as per capita income is much higher. although there are also many muslim countries that are starving to death. anybody know what the income level and quality of life is for italy and rome? been awhile since i checked.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The Whore of Babylon is a religion that sits on 7 hills that comprise a city.

The seven hills within the walls of Jerusalem,

ignore the green numbers which were for something else
Hard to read so I will spell the names,
Gareb, Goath, Acra, Bezetha, Moriah, Ophel, Zion
edit on 17-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The reference in Revelation 14:8 is that of a city, not a nation. the greek word is "polis" which is translated "city".
It is a stretch to determine a nation to be only a city. There are only three cities in the world that come close to qualifying. 1. Vatican City: 2. New York and 3. Dubai. I put my money on Dubai. Yet while America is indeed under judgment for "normalizing deviancy" over so many years, the city mentioned will be a financial hub. controlling world money systems, and trade. Hence Vatican city may be left out of it in terms of this scripture about Babylon.
. But Dubai and New York both qualify. Take your pick. Never the less... does it really matter? all that is important is that we are aware that it is time, and that we are prepared. If you think the city you live in is the one in this scripture, I tell you now you had indeed better "come out of her" for great will be her fall. to be sure: America has turned into a great harlot, and it matters not what any man believes; Denial of God will not remove him from reality. He is there regardless of your belief, and so is his judgments, including that of Babylon.
a very good thread. You get the flag for sure.
I Congratulate OP on the exposure of Babylon.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

that's an interesting argument although there are several things that don't fit it. for example, john is having the revelation while a prisoner of pagan rome. several times he refers to it in the present tense. i'm not sure how many prophets of god were killed in jerusalem particularly when it was under jewish authority. during the time of jesus it belonged to rome and was part of the pagan roman empire.

also, the whore is a mystery religion, and although masonry can be said to be a mystery religion, it is not sitting on seven hills. it's like a logic puzzle. you lay out all the places and the events and check the sources, and pretty soon a pattern emerges.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

No.
There are two references to Babylon and you are citing one. In that one, in Rev. 14, it is just an angel declaring the great city has fallen. There would be the "polis".
In the other place in Revelation, which describes it and how to understand it, that word is not found.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Jesus says it in the Gospels, that they honor the prophets with shrines but they murdered them back when they were around.
John also says that Babylon is where Jesus was crucified.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by DavidsHope

No.
There are two references to Babylon and you are citing one. In that one, in Rev. 14, it is just an angel declaring the great city has fallen. There would be the "polis".
In the other place in Revelation, which describes it and how to understand it, that word is not found.

Revelation 18

1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by undo

Jesus says it in the Gospels, that they honor the prophets with shrines but they murdered them back when they were around.
John also says that Babylon is where Jesus was crucified.

that's interesting. i'll ponder it, although i think there's a
big contradiction here if that's true.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Like you and I both said, it is a religion and not a place.
It is substituting yourself for God.
Jesus was killed for pointing out a righteous and holy God, not involved in commerce.

<<   2  3 >>

join