It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unified 'Truth' Theory or 'Meaning of life working theory'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
After researching various 'fringe' subject matter i have arrived at some vague conclsions about the nature of our universe.
1.Human history dates back much farther then conventional scientific understanding contends.
2.Other civilizations have existed on this planet over its history both before and after dinosaurs.
3.There are many layers to reality and we seem to exist on one of the more basic ones.
4.Both aliens and the supernatural exist but our limited facilities as humans make it difficult for us to comprehend them accuratly.
5.The fact that our greatest observable enemy seems to be ourselves is proof that e.t, e.d.e and the supernatural are not interested in making us extinct.

The list goes on, suffice to say that i could fill several dozen volumes with the data that i base my beliefs on. My intention with this post is to open up a fresh dialogue on this subject. the info available is too fragmented and not easily accessable.
The search for the truth is not going so well............

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
3.There are many layers to reality and we seem to exist on one of the more basic ones.
4.Both aliens and the supernatural exist but our limited facilities as humans make it difficult for us to comprehend them accuratly.
5.The fact that our greatest observable enemy seems to be ourselves is proof that e.t, e.d.e and the supernatural are not interested in making us extinct.

I share those gut-feelings, specially the one in bold.
Now let's see what you come up with all this

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

The search for the truth is not going so well............

Yeah, I know how you feel. It seems like we are trying to swim up from the bottom of a deep swimming pool and as we think we are getting closer to the surface, someone keeps pouring more and more water in above us.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Many of the records that could actually help us find the truth are probably lost in obscurity or hidden away in some museum vaults somewhere being completely overlooked. I agree with you on these points for the most part.

If I had a time machine, my first stop would be to the Library at Alexandria, I'll tell you that.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm extremely interested in the Grand Unified theory with regards to the meaning of life but just a quick note from a non-scientific point of view, the meaning of life is to live it....

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

........cont
What i feel we need to embark upon is our own version of the scientific community. A community of scholars that takes from the existing schools of thought but takes it further.
We can no longer rely solely on our scientist and theologians for answers as they limit themselves to the understandings they have and ignore things that dont fit. We need to be fluid in our thinking and rigorous in our search.
Most of all we need to have a community that those shunned from the existing communities can find refuge in.
I'm open to suggestions on where to start so please comment.
Thankyou for your time.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

I'm extremely interested in the Grand Unified theory with regards to the meaning of life but just a quick note from a non-scientific point of view, the meaning of life is to live it....

I agree entirely but the real question is this: What does it mean to 'live'?
Is it the quest for happiness, inner peace? If so then does that require understanding or acceptance ie: the wind blows because it does as opposed to scientific understanding.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

........cont
What i feel we need to embark upon is our own version of the scientific community. A community of scholars that takes from the existing schools of thought but takes it further.
We can no longer rely solely on our scientist and theologians for answers as they limit themselves to the understandings they have and ignore things that dont fit. We need to be fluid in our thinking and rigorous in our search.
Most of all we need to have a community that those shunned from the existing communities can find refuge in.
I'm open to suggestions on where to start so please comment.
Thankyou for your time.

I would question your proposition that "Scientist ignore things that don't fit"
That's a common misconception these days, that in turn, ignores how science works.
There are, without a doubt, many "scientists" with a very closed mind and a**hole attitude, but that's not the norm in the scientific community.
Every encounter I had with "Official Academic Scientists", I met inquisitive, critical and VERY courious minds... Off course, within the scientific framework you NEED to stand on checked and over-checked facts to propose a next step. Well, that's how science works....

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

I agree. Science is very relevant and important as is religion and philosophy. My issue with the mainstream is that its 'toolset is no longer adequate for the kind of thinking that exists post-internet.
The mainstream refuses to seriously study concepts like the supernatural or the archaeological and paleoentological evidence that exists out there.
It needs a shakeup. We can't keep having to wait lifetimes for extraordinary theories to be seriously considered like the round earth theory or evolution was.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I propose that like minded people get together start working on ways to devise experiments to find some solidity to the suspicions that many of us share about so many things.

As an example, we collate all information that we have from all the religions that supports one another. and then use it as a reference to see what aspects of science and philosophy seem to match up with it and maybe discover a line of inquiry that havent thought of yet.
Its ambitious but then again so is raising children but we do that all the time.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I agree entirely but the real question is this: What does it mean to 'live'?
Is it the quest for happiness, inner peace? If so then does that require understanding or acceptance ie: the wind blows because it does as opposed to scientific understanding.

That's a good question.

I've said this on here before but the purpose of life is to live it and my own personal interpretation goes something like, enjoy yourself, learn as much as you can and help others.

Your only here the once so you might as well enjoy it (place emphasis on here, I'm fairly certain we go somewhere else)

With regards to understanding or accepting fact based on a scientific explanation? Again, good question - I'd suggest that it depends on the person, I've always been the type of guy who wants to know why i.e. I'm never really satisfied with being told "it just works that way"...

Ultimately, I think you need to draw a line. It's absolutely amazing to ponder about the intricacies of life and it's fascinating to discuss, but as I've also said previously on here when that discussion becomes the majority of your life then your over doing it.

Sometimes it's nice to simply sit in the woods with the sun beaming down on you and just accept the moment - something I find hard to do because I'm a very analytical person.

But sometimes we need to just be ...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I try not to let the topic consume me, if anything i dont put enough effort in. I get stymied by the gaps in my knowledge of things like math.
Still I feel that new field of study is required if only to assist myself and others to be more fullfilled.

For a first post its not too bad i suppose. lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I agree with you for the most part. Part of what disenchanted me with science is that I soon realized that much about it has become as dogmatic as religion these days.

new topics

top topics

join