It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New round of pesticide tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

New round of pesticide tests

www.registerguard.com

RIANGLE LAKE — State and federal officials met with a standing-room-only crowd of residents from the Highway 36 corridor on Thursday to invite them to participate in an investigation of herbicides in the local environment, and to confront a range of tough questions in a session that lasted well over three hours.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.forestcouncil.org
www.eugeneweekly.com
www.registerguard.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The quiet little genocide on our back door

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So now the state wants their own tests done to "confirm" the results and determine the vector of contamination. Meanwhile the residents will continue to be assaulted with the "Agent Orange" analogs used on logging land. The Most noticable silence during questionng was as Day Owen asked if when the vector of contamination was determined, would it be banned from practice? the silence is telling as Oregon laws base tax breaks for using pesticide on clear cuts. If they are shut down from spraying millions of acres each year their tax will go up. And that will be a larger deciding factor here than any testing done.
I expect a class action suit to come with a shut up settlement.
seed

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.registerguard.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
LMAO I guess it needs more sexy for folks to read it. Oh well .I have been seeing this kind of apathy for a very long time. hell even vets who are getting Agent Orange bennies ignore that it is still happening and here no less. Really why should any one care as long as the Charmin keeps gracing their tender arses.What are a few thousand casualties in comparison to letting a corporation make profit, eh? Hell they employ people so lets not just ignore them let's stroke their fannies and make it mandatory they poison us.
seed
My experience here at ATS has been less than sterling and there is a very big cult of personality I am tired of.
back to lurking for news for me
seed

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I love that the people in this area become involved in their local happenings.
I would love to move a bit south some day (Lorane area).

Live green, yell "o."

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Lorane is as bad or worse than T lake as in addition to forestry spray the vineyards use massive amounts of anti-fungals near harvest here in Oregon. Beautiful valley but the same problems. If you are within 50miles of logging you are screwed if the wind shifts your way.
seed

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This meeting sounds like more whitewashing.
As for testing:

The state hopes to test as many as 36 people from the local area, and another four people from outside the corridor as a kind of control group, Douglas said.

4 people make a control group? From where outside? This is Science?
2-4D and Atrazine are nothing healthy for people, pets or plants.
Aerial spraying is madness and needs to stop.

thanks for posting Mustard

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
With eyes full of tears I write this. Just was in contact with a young man who grew up with my kids. The local Dr's nephew.
He has a brain tumor ,among the 40-50 folks who do in the area, His Dr uncle cannot/will not say anything as he claims to have had death threats made against his family. The latest news on pursuing a law suite is also bad. In a community of lower income farmers, ranchers and loggers it will cost a half million dollars to even start the procedure. Everyone feels the pressure building to something big ...Bad or good? You figure it out. they just sprayed the ABANDONED railroad tracks with Imazapyr, They only fly choppers at night under GPS now so they cannot be observed and the paper said 150 people showed at the grange when it was more like 400. The entire Highway 36 corridor is regularly patrolled by feds in blue suburbans. I expect hostilities to begin in spring likely due to a forced or instigated false flag type event.The quiet genocide is about to explode into a ruckus of American proportions.
seed

new topics

top topics

join