It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Most Egregious Government Regulations of the Obama Years (Thus Far!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Most of these have been reported on ATS before this, but if we start looking at these on a single list then we see how bad things really are. Bad? Real bad is the only thing that I can say.

All emphasis are mine.

As President Reagan once said, “Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem.” Here are the Top 10 Most Egregious Government Regulations:

1. ObamaCare overkill: If you think the 2,000-plus-page ObamaCare law is a travesty, wait until you see the regulations it spawned. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is beginning to release regulations based on the health care legislation passed last year. One section on Medicare took up six pages in the original law, yet HHS turned that into 429 pages of new regulations. At that rate, there will be more than a hundred thousand pages of regulations in place for doctors to consider before seeing a patient.

2. EPA’s carbon dioxide fixation: Talk about job-killing regulations. The Environmental Protection Agency’s decision to regulate carbon dioxide emissions in order to combat “climate change” will raise the cost of energy. Forget about creating jobs. The EPA’s regulations will add a new burden on business, increase the cost of material for the construction industry, and hit consumer in the pocketbook, dampening the outlook for economic growth.

3. Light-bulb ban: Unless Congress overturns a 2007 law, the incandescent light-bulb will be phased out in 2012, and fluorescent bulbs will be the only choice for consumers. Instead of being able to buy a 39-cent bulb, Americans will be forced to pay $6 for the energy-efficient alternative, with its harsh bright light. Do we really need Washington nanny-state legislators to decide what is “best” for us, right down to how we light our own homes?

4. TSA abuse: Whoever is writing the regulations for the Transportation Security Administration needs to lighten up. TSA officials think they are making the skies safe by patting down infants and grandmothers in wheelchairs, while giving travelers the option of being subjected to harmful radiation or on the receiving end of sexual abuse. There are plenty of other ways to ensure safety, like profiling young to middle-age male travelers from the Middle East.

5. Union favors: As payback to his Big Labor support, President Obama signed an executive order in February 2009 that tells federal agencies to require “Project Labor Agreements” on federal construction projects, meaning higher labor costs as contractors are forced to use union workers. Now the National Labor Relations Board is seeking to prevent Boeing from building a plant in South Carolina because it is a right-to-work state. By “protecting” workers, fewer jobs are created. Is that what we want?

6. Food crackdown: Federal regulators are tightening regulations on food manufacturers in order to combat childhood obesity. But as usual, the regulators are going overboard, cracking down on breakfast cereal, Girl Scout cookies, and all kinds of snack foods, including nuts, bagels and fruit juice. According to HUMAN EVENTS' Audrey Hudson, the food industry says the government is imposing “multi-billions of dollars” of changes, with no evidence it will do anything to help kids stay healthy.

7. Outside smoking ban: The city of New York has made it illegal to smoke in all parks, on beaches, and in pedestrian plazas. This includes, you're hearing right, a smoke-free Times Square. That will be 1,700 parks and 14 miles of public beaches that city officials will have to monitor in case someone lights up. Don’t New York's Finest have anything better to do?

8. Trash violations: Beware of what you put in the trash, at least in New York City. The city’s Sanitation Department is enforcing a rule that says trash from households or businesses cannot be thrown in receptacles on the street meant for pedestrians. But do the workers really need to ticket elderly residents and fine them $100 for throwing their used newspapers into the trash cans?

9. Illegal garden: Julie Bass decided to grow some vegetables in her front yard because the price of organic food was on the rise. Now, she has been hit with a misdemeanor charge and is facing three months in jail, because Oak Park, Mich., says her garden violated the city code, which requires that front yards consist of “suitable, live, plant material.” The city says vegetables aren’t “suitable” for a front yard and are going to court to prove their point. Now that’s a great use of taxpayer resources.

10. Multicultural doll mandate: The Colorado Department of Human Services is proposing new rules to require all day care centers in the state to have dolls available that represent the three different races. The guideline is part of a 98-page document that sets new rules for child care that include what kids can drink, how long they can watch TV, and mandates for field trips and sunscreen use. One wonders how the state, which has been working on the measure since 2006, will go about enforcing the law.

Original Source

Please add to this list of current government silliness, because I know there are more than 10 of these out there. Probably more from our friends in other countries.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
great post!!

sometimes you need to see it all gathered into one package

thanks!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
Most of these have been reported on ATS before this, but if we start looking at these on a single list then we see how bad things really are. Bad? Real bad is the only thing that I can say.

All emphasis are mine.

3. Light-bulb ban: Unless Congress overturns a 2007 law, the incandescent light-bulb will be phased out in 2012, and fluorescent bulbs will be the only choice for consumers. Instead of being able to buy a 39-cent bulb, Americans will be forced to pay $6 for the energy-efficient alternative, with its harsh bright light. Do we really need Washington nanny-state legislators to decide what is “best” for us, right down to how we light our own homes?

Original Source

Please add to this list of current government silliness, because I know there are more than 10 of these out there. Probably more from our friends in other countries.

I agree with all but this one, I get mine at the dollar store for .50 cents each

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What about all of the prolife (150) passed to limit abortion. What about the fascist take over of democratically elected governments in Mich. What about the depriving of people to ally to negotiate. Those happened during the Obama admin.

The light bulb thing is from Bush. Others are states rights issues --

Your post is a Straw Man.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

It will only be a matter of time though before people are being fined for throwing those "Piggy Tail" bulbs away due to the mercury in them.

Mark my words

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have to agree, Great Post. Ive been watching the downfall of our free America for the last 15 years, slow at first and picking up pace. It saddens me to watch the changes happening before my vary eyes. The world that we leave for our children, not just Environmentally But politically. The police state that things are turning into. Its utter Madness! Total and Complete Fascism. or even Nazism, which is right around the corner Folks! yes this is sad times for America and her people and also the rest of the world. Time for me to sit back throw in a bag of popcorn and watch as things are about to completely unravel. I would say lets hope people realize whats going on and things change, but I'm afraid were well beyond any hope of return.

S+F to you.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Your last 4 bullets are issues passed by state legislatures, they have nothing to do with Obama. Also, your lightbulbs and EPA regulations were started before Obama. I haven't even started rebuking the other "egregious" government regulations.

Quit listenening to talk radio.

Lame post.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by NuroSlam

It will only be a matter of time though before people are being fined for throwing those "Piggy Tail" bulbs away due to the mercury in them.

Mark my words

Oh I don't doubt that at all

new topics

top topics

join