It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

That caffeine tablet is just going to make your tolerance even worse, then over time you'll need even more of those to get the same effect, coffee could end up doing nothing to you at all.

Best to take a break, lower the tolerance then start again and it will be just like the good old days.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok, I have not read all of the posts here but what I get from your post is:

a) the coffee you have always drunk is now not as good as it used to be
b) you measure the quality of your coffee by the caffiene 'effect'
c) you are throwing away coffee that does not live up to your 'quality' standards.

On the few posts I read, a number of people have talked more about how their coffee 'tastes' as opposed to the kick it gives them and personally, that is my judge of a coffee rather than what it does for me. Now I have changed and changed again the brand of coffee I have drunk over the years, mainly because I feel 'my' tastes have changed rather than the coffe I have been drinking and wether this has come through discovery of a new brand or indeed a new combination of milk/cream/sweetner that has made my drinking experience more pleasureable.

This does not preclude the possibility that the brands I used to drink 'have changed' because if you consider where its grown, how it is stored / ground / transported and so on, a change in any one of these factors could have an effect on how it tastes when it ends up in my cup.

It strikes me that you are 'chasing' an experience with coffee that you used to have, but I would be more inclined to suggest you need to welcome a 'new' experience. Granted, you are likely to go through various brands before you find the right fit, but by disregarding how it 'used' to be you might find something better.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

Thanks for that. But I've been around since the late 1950's, and I find no products today, as good as they used to be. None.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Whooaa there, let me throw on the brakes, if you're going to talk about coffee! Yes, something is decidedly different about the ground coffee that I'm purchasing and- as you can probably tell from this spastic response of mine- I DO drink a lot of it. However, I've come to the conclusion that the beans themselves are seasonal/locational in quality, so I wouldn't worry too much about a conspiracy here...now elsewhere, that another thing entirely.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
fwiw, I'm a dunkin donuts addict, and my daily hit has seemed the same for the last 25 years. sure sometimes they make it better than others, but the product is the same in my experience

can't say the same about other brands of course, as I rarely drink 'em

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As an avid coffee drinker I know what you are talking about. If the FDA or HHS or someone is removing caffeine that would be very troubling, and we would have to start buying 5 hour energy. Perhaps the coffee isn't growing as well or something. I can think of a reason why it wouldn't but I don't know if they have chemtrails in Colombia, heh. Anyway, I guess we're just going to have to drink more coffee unfortunately or get it imported from a foreign country instead of buying it at the supermarket. And perhaps we are so used to drinking coffee now that the effects are just not as powerful as they used to be? I don't know though, all up for speculation.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you need this instead of creamer: LINK

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The coffee is not only being messed with, now that is not operated by farmers and benefitting the people, and its all Corps, slavery, and monopolies, they can get away with altering our food, and even due to the karma of the slavery, whether we knowingly understand the system, these gnostic luciferian, HH types, are trading souls and allowing access to people through their products and lacing them with virus's and tech. Who knows what they're actually with this food source, you'd have to be black op with inside info to know.

Spend a little more money on free trade coffee. Buy a perculator, with stainless steel insides/basket. For roughly 10 cups, it takes say 6-7 rounded tablespoons, and tastes great with 20 minutes of perking. Really good stuff. You don't need to drink the coffee all day long, it gives you the effect you want with a couple big mugs. We make many pots a day. My father spends and extra hour just drinking up the coffee he loves the flavor so much.

My pot paid for itself in 2 weeks.

kitchenware.goldaskitchen.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have found it difficult to find a perculator pot that doesnt have aluminum in it.
or plastic at the site where you see it come to the top

edit on 17-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
do some research into fluoride, and the effects of drinking boiled fluoride regularly.

It's been shown to concentrate once boiled, and be even worse than straight tap water.

It may help you in your search. I'm with you, /i still drink it on occasion, but anymore than that is asking for cancer and depression. As when combined with a mouthfull of fluoride twice a day while brushing teeth, and also the shower where you breathe in fluoride steam once a day, and the water, and your clothes that you wash in fluoride, and all the food washed in water or including water, take out food, everything, its all helping to give you a daily overdose.

Hope this helps

edit on 18-7-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by Samuelis because: added more info

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hi Simone... Yes I too have notices the "kick" in the coffee is gone. Maybe I am building up a tolerance over the years but the change I have noticed has only been in the past half-year or so. I read last year that coffee bean growers had a bad crop(?) and that coffee prices would be rising. I did notice a little jump in price for a can but my guess is that the major coffee brand companies are diluting their product somehow to offset this. I used to get just wired on my pot of coffee but now I don't feel any caffeine effects at all. In fact I believe I went through some type of withdrawl a few months ago. I never had a headache (in my life) until 5 months ago where I had a spell of horrible headaches. In retrospect I think that I was having caffeine withdrawl symptoms that coincided with this bad coffee. I used to drink mostly Maxwell House but the wife started buying me Folgers for some reason. Maybe that has something to do with it but I do know my coffee does not have the same pick me up and some mornings I don't even crave it like I used to which is sacrilege the amount I drink. Maybe this lower caffiene dosage is a good thing?? All I know is I feel groggier than I used to and that motivation isn't there. Damn Coffee!! I need the good stuff now methinks.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

i drink a minimum of three 12 cup pots of joe a day. if i'm doing errands i'll also have a few cups from Quik Chek, a local franchise chain convenience store.

i buy what is on sale at the supermarket. it's 3:30AM where I am and I just made a fresh pot of Chock Full of Nuts brand. i usually wind up with Folgers, Maxwell House, CFoF or Melitta.

Melitta is IMHO the finest pre-ground, simply delicious, but rarely on sale. Highly recommended.

Best cup of coffee I ever had was Law's Coffee. It's served at diners & joints in NY/NJ, who knows where else.

I get no real kick from coffee. But life is sad without it. I even have a coffee when I'm in the tub. Goes good with a cig while one soaks.

My two cents: switch over to Tea for a few weeks. Or start using more beans in your machine.

I think (was it lifer1967?) gave the best advice: Switch to fresh ground beans or grind your own beans. The good stuff costs more and it's worth every penny.

A good friend has an automatic brewer w/ built-in grinder & timer. He & his wife awaken to the smell & enjoyment of freshly ground bean fresh brewed coffee every single day. nice, nice.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Unity_99

I have found it difficult to find a perculator pot that doesnt have aluminum in it.
or plastic at the site where you see it come to the top

edit on 17-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

just an FYI, glass percolators have been around since before i was born, and i'm an old so-and-so. save money, buy a nice used or "new old stock" one off of eBay. sometimes people sell things found in the back of closets, real old, but actually brand new in original carton.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
try meth, it seems to work better

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Originally posted by wasco2
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

That's a crock:

www.bisphenol-a.org...

Nice source you have there.

The source was mainly to antagonize the more loopy of you here. There's no shortage of reputable scientific studies validating their claims. I'll give you maybe more studies should be, and are being, done on the affects on the very young. I'm betting in the end they'll conclude that, even for newborns, it's completely safe as used by almost all consumers. You of course, trembling in your mom's basement with tinfoil tightly wrapped around your head, will probably disagree.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
I swear they put crack in coffee, I Don't drink it or support it, everyday I pass by a timmies or something and theres always ridiculously huge lineups all the time, people are addicted to this deadly caffeine, it does not work wonders.

roflmao.....i've tried to tell people that for the last 10 years, but nobody would listen....that s**t is highly addictive

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Well thanks for saving me some time from reading anything with content in it.

A lot of it could just be tolerance, taking a break might be a good idea. Buying higher quality beans might be an option too.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Someone may have answered this question in a post awhile back, but here is the question. What does it mean when these cans of coffee in my grocery store say 'Breakfast Blend'? Is Breakfast Blend a lighter, therefore, more caffienated roast? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Someone may have answered this question in a post awhile back, but here is the question. What does it mean when these cans of coffee in my grocery store say 'Breakfast Blend'? Is Breakfast Blend a lighter, therefore, more caffienated roast? Thanks.

Yes and yes.

It seems to be the lightest roast the name brand coffees make anyway.
edit on 7/20/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have a suggestion for you. I buy whole coffee beans...and store them in the freezer....each morning I grind my own beans...and have a wonderful tasting fresh cup of coffee. I suggest you do the same...your problem will be solved!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join