It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i dont mean to offend but your complaining about them charging something more for something completely unecessary, let alone harmful, and besides that anyone who is buying coffee can afford to spend an extra couple of dollars anyway

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Fair enough. But taking into account what these guys are saying: drinking same brand for while, drink different brand get old kick - OMG government messing with my coffee....

Gotta admit thats a bit ridiculous.

ps. Mentioned that bean quality doesn't make "that much of a difference" or something to that effect.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have to admit, I am still convinced that your biggest problem is that you have been drinking sub par coffee!! Get some good fresh coffee and grind it yourself!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
Dunkin Donuts puts nicotine in there coffee I heard, which in turn makes the addiction greater.

...then maybe they should start advertising it as brain food.

Caffeine is a well known nootropic, but many people don't know that nicotine is also a nootropic.

Nicotine increases memory and enhances concentration because its a cholinergic, an acetylcholine agonist.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd say if you're drinking 33 oz coffees that you're probably just a bit too wired.

You've taken out all your taste buds, OP. Try drinking nothing but water for about two weeks, then try again.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Nicotine in the coffee would make zero difference. Both drugs are equally as addictive; if one was to drink enough to get addicted adding nicotine would make no difference unless you wanted them to smoke to boot; which considering that coffee & smokes go so well is .......... well

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by Backslider

You make a good point. I have not sipped the ol Folgers in a long time, cuz I wanted to pay a budget price. But I guess we get what we pay for. I will go and look for Mill.

Okay, you pay a budget price for a 33 Oz coffee and are complaining about the crappy quality of your budget coffee?

It's not that the coffee's getting worse, it's that you're getting cheap. As with everything else, you pay less, you get what you pay for. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The biggest conspiracy is Coffee, Chocolate and other goods are slavery, with child labor often, and the farm lands have been taken since the 60's from the farmers, often via murder of whole families and even children by Corps, endorsed by the CIA and TPTB.

I just placed this order today. Its 2 dollars more than the overpriced hot chocolate and stuff in the stores, and delivers from Vancouver to our town, on Wednesdays.

I'm sure you can find similar in your area, or even a Co-op.

Fair trade puts the children in school, and pays the farmers and workers real wages.

www.spud.ca...

In addition, we were going through a large tin of coffee every 3 days, with dad over gardening. Thats 8-12 dollars depending on the sale every 3 days.

I just ordered a perculator with a stainless steel basket inside, nothing aluminun. It paid for itself in 2 weeks. Smaller amount of coffee, really good taste.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I agree with you case closed as in, this thread should die (I wish) (finally) (already) but budget coffee ---used--- to have caffiene in it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It is no conspiracy. It's wide open what they do & has been for years. This thread is about the guys coffee being "watered down" & in doing so does...... well I don't know what - makes em' less dependent on coffee or whatever.

Child labour farming beans is so well known that its no conspiracy, unless we're living in 1985. Does not make that angle any less horrific though.
edit on 17-7-2011 by marker3221 because: spelling

link   
reply to post by simone50m

Stop drinking coffee out of a can for a start - yuck!

Goto your local cafe or coffee shop and get a decent cup
although finding a good place can be a challenge at times but once you do find it stay with it!

Although i see what point you are trying to make about coffee/cafffeine and motivation... you could be onto something there, you never know
but when it comes to caffeine, it is like any other drug or substance that affects your brain or thinking, you become immune after a awhile, the same for alcohol, prescription and illicit drugs etc. It all comes down to brain chemistry.

If your worried about motivation or energy, there are plenty of sugar and caffeine energy drinks out there
- unhealthy crap!

Try some Vitamin supplements

I have noticed coffee getting worse at some places i used to frequent but it comes down to them buying cheaper beans etc i think.

mmm you got me craving a coffee now... i'm off to buy a latt'e with 2 sugars

edit on 17-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

link   
My coffee maker is 20 years old..

Takes about 20 mins to brew a pot of coffee..

know what?

coffee tastes really damn good..

woot!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

my wife and I notice the same thing. I have been taking a Jet Alert caplet (200 mg caffeine) along with my coffee, I thought I was just immune lol

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You make a good point. I have not sipped the ol Folgers in a long time, cuz I wanted to pay a budget price. But I guess we get what we pay for. I will go and look for Mill.

where is "$7.00 a cup" a budget price?
I pay like $12 (not on sale) for a whole canister of folgers - many many countless cups...

I haven't noticed anything unusual, though I might not anyway
I can live without coffee (as long as I have tea, iced tea, or pepsi to drink)
its the CREAMER I'm addicted to
Nestle's Coffeemate French Vanilla

but yeah, I can drink a whole pot then go to sleep - but I've always been that way ♥

eta: ok you said Can - not cup, my fault
but still yeah, I say you get what you pay for
did I mention my coffee is always like 8 hours old before I get to it too?

edit on 17-7-2011 by Forevever because: misread, I fail

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

With your caffeine intake I'd say you're just immune.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

They have been messing with coffee, watering it down, and its really high priced, for slave coffee.

I'm just offering him two good alternatives.

FAIR TRADE. I gave a Vancouver link that delivers to neighboring areas and he can look for his own.

And a good perculator as well. That will take far less coffee to make a nich rich pot. I like my java fairly strong.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m a 33 ounce can of

"Can".

link   
last comment, this has got to be one of the flimsiest conpiracy theories I've seen.

Good night & lay off the coffee

link   

Originally posted by simone50m a 33 ounce can of

"Can".

LOL yeah sorry, just edited that post while you were posting

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I agree with you case closed as in, this thread should die (I wish) (finally) (already) but budget coffee ---used--- to have caffiene in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join