It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Truly Believe there is a terrible coffee conspiracy.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
SWEET! were allowed to talk about our drug addictions now.

I think you just need to stop taking coffee for say 2 days and then try.
Caffine for me is useless because of my ADD so i don't know what all the fuss is about.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thanks
Idyserenity
AmorVin
ollieme84
Reporting in with the -same- experiences. It is NOT us. Like a previous poster said, everything is hit and miss now, products are not like the old days.
I hope I live to access a real physical time travel machine. I will go back prior to oh, abouts, the late 1970's, and hoard a whole bunch of products, and bring them up here. I really ---hate--- what this world has morphed into for average people now, it truly IS a Prison Planet.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dunkin Donuts puts nicotine in there coffee I heard, which in turn makes the addiction greater.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Tolerance is surely a factor here too. Also, in an ever churning effort to save money, some co's are probably buying cheap, outdated or stale coffee beans to cut corners. Maybe they are trying to utilize the backed up stock of de-caf that doesn't sell, mixing it in with the good stuff, like drug dealers do(I once heard).
For a little lift, I have found that black tea and/or B Complex vitamins brings energy and clarity.

spec

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Also, in an ever churning effort to save money, some co's are probably buying cheap, outdated or stale coffee beans to cut corners. Maybe they are trying to utilize the backed up stock of de-caf that doesn't sell, mixing it in with the good stuff,
spec

I have thought of this, and wondered ---precisely--- that. I'll bet ya anything these kinds of shenanigans are going on. I am convinced my coffee conspiracy has to do with cheap assed greedy corporations who want alot for NOTHING. Just like how they all ---ruined--- pizza, by using 'cheese substitute food product' instead....of real cheese. And just like how all the icecream and milkshakes and eggnog are thickened using cellulose, guar, and xanthan gums, which my physiology rejects.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
For instant coffee I drink Cafe Ceps by Made labs. It is organic and has three mushroom extracts in it, yet with less caffiene, it gives a better and longer energy boost. Sounds gross, but I hate mushrooms and there is no mushroom taste to it.

I also make coffee concentrate by cold brewing. It is amazing the difference and less acid. You can Google it to get the recipe and instructions. I have a problem with the acidity in some coffees. Try the cold brewing. Richest I have tasted and excellent for iced coffee drinks and Smoothies.

And lastly, if gmo is the problem, just stick with fresh ground organic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just buy some cans of ultra high caffeine energy drinks if the coffee doesn't give you enough of an energy boost.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Thanks for the thread. I thought it was me. Drinking coffee makes me sleepy these days. I remember when I used to watch myself and make sure I didn't drink too much and get jittery. What is jittery? I have forgotten what jittery feels like.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well I for one agree with you. I noticed over the last couple of years that I no longer felt the zip from coffee that I was used to. In fact, I've often fallen back asleep after drinking one or two cups first thing in the morning. I feel better using Starbucks but because it's gotten so effing expensive I use Folgers or the cheap grocery brand, and I definately feel a difference in the caffeine. In fact, I've often wondered if some dumb dumb was putting decaf in the regular coffee bags or cans.So, while I don't have an explanation for what has happened to the coffee, there is definately a difference. I haven't read through all of the posts, but I definately agree with you!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

go to a small local roaster and buy some good beans. Grind them yourself and use good bottled water to make the coffee.
Clean the coffee maker as well.

You can also roast your own-not difficult.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Caffeine is a substance that can be abused just like alcohol it is legal but it is still very addicting and added with the sugar and whatever else you put in your coffee i can see that you would eventually gain a resistance and get pissed off and stuff because your body doesn't want it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Please.

You've gotten used to coffee - the strong high it gave you has subsided, this happens with any drug you take wether legal or illegal ( I know, I've done enough of them), this new brand of fresh coffee is probably a bit stronger hence you're getting a kick off it "like it used to be".

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Shock! Horror! Why isn't my coffee as strong as it used to be?? What the hell is going on??

Answer: You're addicted to caffeine, body builds up a tolerance to it, you drink a different stronger brand & get a kick off it - OMG the government is watering down my coffee!!!!

Gimme a break.
edit on 17-7-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
All I can say is that I've noticed the same thing. And I'm really not just jumping on the bandwagon and looking in retrospect. I've already been noticing this before you guys mentioned it. I used to have a couple cups of coffee and feel like I was on speed (not that I would know) and could feel my heart racing in my chest even if I was just sitting down. Now I can drink three cups of strong coffee and not feel any effects. I guess its possible that I've built a tolerance to it. Especially since I got in the habit of using twice the recommended amount of coffee ground and drinking a whole pot of it at once, lol. Though I wouldn't doubt Folger's and other coffee brands are getting stingy and using crap quality ingredients.

And energy drinks don't do anything for me, either.
edit on 7/17/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

NO.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Yep, a tolerance to it is what you have. This is strengthened by the fact that energy drinks don't do anything for you either. Caffeine & sugar are their main ingredients.

No conspiracy here, lay off the coffee is all.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

OK, its a conspiracy those b*****ds TPTB are watering down your coffee.

-.-

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There is a problem with coffee in the US, at least.

The problem is no regulation - so a place can call something 100% Arabica and it doesn't mean a thing.
I worked for a coffee roaster for a while, so I've recieved my information from a roaster with 30 years experience.

There are Arabica and Robusta beans. Arabica is better, and is grown in the highest elevations.

Robusta is the opposite. It is grown in low lying valleys, and is more acidic and caffeinated.
Places like Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks buy the poorest quality beans, spray it with artificial flavor to make it more coffee-like, and roast them for only 7 minutes.

This fast roast doesn't allow the starches in the bean to convert to sugar, and so the flavor is crap.
DD and Starbucks have top notch marketing, so it doesn't matter they don't use the best stuff.
15 to 35 minutes is best to properly bring out the flavor.

As far as the canned coffee goes, its from the same place the other guys get their poor quality beans, only with preservatives and other chemicals added.

They have done to coffee what McDonalds and Taco Bell, etc. did to meat-based foods.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Yeah thats all very good & all but its purely flavor related.

These guys are talking about caffeine content & the kick they get (or used to get) off it.

Crappy beans or not the caffeine content never changes really that much, fact is they are addicted to caffeine & they would want to get used to it rather than blaming TPTB for watering it down.

Sorry to break it to ya fellas, but you're drug addicts.

Have a good day!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It's called Victory Coffee. Big Brother says it's the same great quality as Victory Cigarettes and Victory Gin

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marker3221
reply to post by BadMagician

Yeah thats all very good & all but its purely flavor related.

These guys are talking about caffeine content & the kick they get (or used to get) off it.

Crappy beans or not the caffeine content never changes really that much, fact is they are addicted to caffeine & they would want to get used to it rather than blaming TPTB for watering it down.

Sorry to break it to ya fellas, but you're drug addicts.

Have a good day!

Actually the bean quality does affect the caffeine content.

Commercial robusta coffee is around 120-150 mg of caffiene per 8oz serv
Higher grown Arabicas are lower caffeine, like Kona and Jamacain Blue Mountain.

As far as having a higher tolerance due to daily use, that can also be a problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join