It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO bombs African Union compound in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Early on Sunday, Tripoli's eastern suburb of Tajoura came under heavy Nato attack.

Nato said the target was a military depot which ostensibily stored a fleet of vehicles for the African Union's peacekeeping duties. But surveillance indicated that Col Gaddafi ahd been using the fleet to sustain the war close to Misrata, Nato said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

As I previously outlined in this thread, a few countries in the African Union were (and possibly sill are) sending material support to Col.Gaddaffi. Although MSM won't report it, more countries than just Libya are fighting the NATO forces and many mercenaries as well.

Gaddaffi was a large figure in the African Union, and as this conflict drags on I believe we will see more and more support for him in the continent, because it will become more apparent that many libyan citizens want him to stay in power.

I will update this thread when an AU response come out early this week. This may have the potential to ture into a big story, depending on if there were soley libyan vehicles in the compound or not

another link:
linky
edit on 17-7-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

Early on Sunday, Tripoli's eastern suburb of Tajoura came under heavy Nato attack.

Nato said the target was a military depot which ostensibily stored a fleet of vehicles for the African Union's peacekeeping duties. But surveillance indicated that Col Gaddafi ahd been using the fleet to sustain the war close to Misrata, Nato said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

As I previously outlined in this thread, a few countries in the African Union were (and possibly sill are) sending material support to Col.Gaddaffi. Although MSM won't report it, more countries than just Libya are fighting the NATO forces and many mercenaries as well.

Gaddaffi was a large figure in the African Union, and as this conflict drags on I believe we will see more and more support for him in the continent, because it will become more apparent that many libyan citizens want him to stay in power.

I will update this thread when an AU response come out early this week. This may have the potential to ture into a big story, depending on if there were soley libyan vehicles in the compound or not

I agree. I don't like Gaddafi but what i hate about NATO is that they went in without a strategic plan how to win it. I mean without NATO ground troops, then Gaddafi will free to live and escape what he wants.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
need to have troops in libya if they want gadaffi out

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Comming to the libyan war theater soon!
BOOTS ON THE GROUND!
Be sure to see this exciting and thrilling killing
Smart bombs, dropped for stupid reasons.
Or no reason at all.....
Infrastructure mayhem on behalf of Halliburton and KBR
For your entertainment every night on CNN,
your totally embedded network.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

www.bbc.co.uk...

I agree. I don't like Gaddafi but what i hate about NATO is that they went in without a strategic plan how to win it. I mean without NATO ground troops, then Gaddafi will free to live and escape what he wants.

Obviously there was a plan to start with, hence the islamic insurgent rebels and their central banks linked with the IMF.

What they didn't expect was that Africa would stand on its own against them.

This is classic Leninist revolutionary theory: the exploited colonies of imperialist countries are the epicentre of revolution. When Africa turns on the West, then the West loses one of its major modes of production and then it hits home when basic necessities become harder to acquire for regular folk.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

lmao, brilliant. And the sequel should be Libya retaliates and bombs the white house so we get back at those bastards and invade syria. lmao

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Of the various conflicts happening in that region, this one is the most confusing to me.

I can't tell who or what NATO is really working for. I would assume it is controlled by the European power brokers. The US government seems to be holding back, which suggests they don't see eye-to-eye with the Europeans.

Goodness only knows what the Libyans really want! Gaddafi is portrayed like a crazy man, but if I were in his shoes, I wold be crazy too. These days it's not that hard to do a character assassination campaign on almost anyone. Look at what they've been doing to God and Jesus lately!

I am really offended by the idea that this "uprising" could be largely manufactured. But given the way the world's been working lately, there is a high probability that outside instigators have been involved. Ordinary people just don't relish being shot at with lethal weapons. If there was a "natural" anti-Gaddafi movement on Libya, it almost for sure has been influenced by outsiders.

No one in these battles has clean hands, and the total failure of the mainstream media to supply accurate information does not help us make sense of it all. If we can't have peace in this world, it would at least be nice to see some truth!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

www.bbc.co.uk...

Obviously there was a plan to start with, hence the islamic insurgent rebels and their central banks linked with the IMF.

What they didn't expect was that Africa would stand on its own against them.

This is classic Leninist revolutionary theory: the exploited colonies of imperialist countries are the epicentre of revolution. When Africa turns on the West, then the West loses one of its major modes of production and then it hits home when basic necessities become harder to acquire for regular folk.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

You mean when Jews lose Africa, There is nothing Western about Western countries right now, or for the past 100 or so years.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
Of the various conflicts happening in that region, this one is the most confusing to me.

I can't tell who or what NATO is really working for. I would assume it is controlled by the European power brokers. The US government seems to be holding back, which suggests they don't see eye-to-eye with the Europeans.

Goodness only knows what the Libyans really want! Gaddafi is portrayed like a crazy man, but if I were in his shoes, I wold be crazy too. These days it's not that hard to do a character assassination campaign on almost anyone. Look at what they've been doing to God and Jesus lately!

I am really offended by the idea that this "uprising" could be largely manufactured. But given the way the world's been working lately, there is a high probability that outside instigators have been involved. Ordinary people just don't relish being shot at with lethal weapons. If there was a "natural" anti-Gaddafi movement on Libya, it almost for sure has been influenced by outsiders.

No one in these battles has clean hands, and the total failure of the mainstream media to supply accurate information does not help us make sense of it all. If we can't have peace in this world, it would at least be nice to see some truth!

There are no Europeans or Americans in charge of the West, they are JEWS! Look at every single war and revolution that happened in Western countries in the last 500, all of them were created by Jews in order so they could get their hands on the monetary system, corrupt religion, and make people subservient to Jewish interests.

The most important thing these Jews wanted to do was get rid of Monarchs in these revolutions in order to weaken the other Abrahamic religions, which is what they are doing in the "Arab Uprisings," getting rid of the Monarchs.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rdavis

Davis, you are correct on many points. But you are confusing "jews" with "zionists". The majority of Jews are very hardworking and peaceful. There are a group within them called zionists, and they are the ones that have been behind nearly even major war, and the ones that want a one world totalitarian government in place.

Jews I like

Zionists I abhor with every fiber of my being, but I sleep well knowing they will burn eternally for what they have done/are doing

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

reply to post by rdavis

Davis, you are correct on many points. But you are confusing "jews" with "zionists". The majority of Jews are very hardworking and peaceful. There are a group within them called zionists, and they are the ones that have been behind nearly even major war, and the ones that want a one world totalitarian government in place.

Jews I like

Zionists I abhor with every fiber of my being, but I sleep well knowing they will burn eternally for what they have done/are doing

I agree with this guy. Zionists are the Jews with the power and greed to influence international relations, almost always for the worse. They characterize class war.

However I don't think they are responsible for all of the world's conflicts. There are other cultures out there that are willing to carry out violent and oppressive measures just to claim what they think is theirs.

top topics

join