It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Giant Marilyn Monroe statue unveiled in Chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

As unemployment reaches heights of the great depression and bankers with wallstreet take back property, spend all the usery monies to pay their derrivative buddies, we now have the epitamy of wind in the windy city in the gargantuan 26 foot marilyn Monroe Statue, Complete with what I want for my kids to see...A Giant-Size Camel toe!

Way to spend efficiently you Ill. Morons.

As one responded, Living in Tennessee, was still embarrased. I must concur
This is just way out there. Too Big To Fail Maybe?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I really like the part at :56 when the man starts pointing up. "That is the biggest camel toe I have ever seen" seems to be what he is thinking.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

things like this may cost money initially, but they actually bring in money for local areas and cities through tourism.. with people who are visiting cities flocking to these sites.. and with it being marilyn monroe you will get fans actually travelling to chicago with the sole purpose of seeing and getting a picture of this statue.

if you look at popular cities around the world with high levels of tourrism, they all have many things like this..

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Maybe another pose would have been more appropriate, that is if they were not trying to push some sex agenda.

How about a giant JFK next to it and 'Happy Birthday Mr. President' by Marilyn playing through loudspeakers. That should attract more than just pervs and fanatics.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I agree, though this one costs probably quite a bit of money, the amount of Japanese tourists and other tourists this will attract will be amazing.

Though I agree this is bad timing and it should have been even better when it was paid by someone private, but the planning of it may have happened years ago.

Personally I find the statue epic though, I only don't understand why it is in Chicago and not on a place like Hollywood boulevard, Beverly hills.

edit on 17-7-2011 by Grey Magic because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

It must be the 'wind factor'
2nd

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What kind of wind are we talking....

This guy seems concerned it may smell bad.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4541ba73faa7.jpg[/atsimg]
The paint, of course.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yeah but the original picture was made in New York while making a movie.

One of Monroe's most notable film roles was shot in September 1954, a skirt-blowing key scene for The Seven Year Itch in New York City. In it, she stands with her co-star, Tom Ewell, while the air from a subway grating blows her skirt up.

So which way is the wind blowing in Chicago?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
the statue wasn't erected by the city, it was erected by the zeller realty group. this didn't cost the city a dime. private property, private investment group.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

As unemployment reaches heights of the great depression and bankers with wallstreet take back property, spend all the usery monies to pay their derrivative buddies, we now have the epitamy of wind in the windy city in the gargantuan 26 foot marilyn Monroe Statue, Complete with what I want for my kids to see...A Giant-Size Camel toe!

Way to spend efficiently you Ill. Morons.

As one responded, Living in Tennessee, was still embarrased. I must concur
This is just way out there. Too Big To Fail Maybe?

If we all can't have a Marilyn Statue then nobody should. It isn't fair at all.
These should be standard issue.

new topics

top topics

join