It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Busted for Injecting Heroin Into Nine-Year-Old Son’s Neck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Dad Busted for Injecting Heroin Into Nine-Year-Old Son’s Neck

Everyone knows that injecting little kids with botox is bad, but what about injecting little kids with heroin? Yes, that is also a parenting "no-no," as alleged heroin dad Jose Paul Velasquez Jr. can tell you, possibly from jail.

WTH is wrong with people? I know parents can be horrible to their children, but I believe this is a new low. Apparently he's been doing it for a while! This man should be rolled naked in honey and put on a fire ant hill. After that, perhaps his privates should be set on fire. Then the fire put out with a cat o' nine tails.

/TOA
edit on 17-7-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Oh holy WTF??????????

What ever would posess him to do that oh wait...that's right he's a drug addict. Just more proof we need to put an end to the war on drugs, distribute AS MUCH as possible to all these crackheads and let them off themselves with overdoses. This is where I agree with Eugenics... but in the humane way if someone wants to do drugs till they make themselves sterile or dead... perfect answer to overpopulation imo.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Let's not lose sight of reality here though.

Maybe putting things in a larger context can aid in calming everyone down a bit?

Think of what our government and other governments have done through history to untold masses of peoples. Direct your anger that way, it's more productive than wasting good angst on some messed up junkie.

Also, one thing I have found out about news reports and then the revelations that come out during the trial months or years later; is that the news reports tend to sensationalize things and speculate heavily then try to pass it off as actual facts. Then when the trial happens and real evidence and testimony is presented, you find out things were actually far more complicated than the simple headlines, labels, and phrases the media attempts to paint it with.

So instead of getting upset (unless it's your kid than get upset all you want), but since we have nothing to do with this case I say let's wait for the courts to decide this man's fate based on the evidence presented that proves he is guilty of an actual crime so that he can face punishment legitimately.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
WTH is wrong with people?

There are many different things that are wrong with people. One of those would be that most people no longer believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'. In many people's minds, accused = Guilty.

Call up the boys. Bring on the lynch mob.

This man should be rolled naked in honey and put on a fire ant hill. After that, perhaps his privates should be set on fire. Then the fire put out with a cat o' nine tails.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Then the fire put out with a cat o' nine tails.

I am curious to know what a "cat o' nine tails" is. I dont get what that saying means but am curious.

Texans and their weird sayings

edit on 17-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

Then the fire put out with a cat o' nine tails.

I am curious to know what a "cat o' nine tails" is. I dont get what that saying means but am curious.

Texans and their weird sayings

edit on 17-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

It's a whip with nine tails,it aint Texan

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
There are many different things that are wrong with people. One of those would be that most people no longer believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'. In many people's minds, accused = Guilty.

Call up the boys. Bring on the lynch mob.

This is very true.

One of the media's primary tactics in tricking the population into accepting tyrannical new laws or restrictions and giving up their freedom is this very type of article.

Essentially the goal is to anger people so much, and piss them off about the "story" to such a degree, that they will accept Anything in order to resolve the "social crisis".

This is also part of mob mentality, and a very successful technique in controlling those mobs.

This is why I have created a Rule to live by so that I can hopefully avoid becoming a pawn in a larger game of political chess where my rights are the ante.

Try to not consider someone guilty before evidence is presented proving the accusations as true, and allow for due process and their day in court with a jury of their peers, etc etc.
ESPECIALLY if this "story" is coming from the media who are not trustworthy in any way shape or form. They have agendas and I am weary of their shenanigans.

Like I said earlier as a way-out clause, if it is your own kids or family involved in the case and you know what you are talking about, you have every right to be angrier than hell, but as a bystander and an observer, I personally choose to remain on the sidelines and wait until the truth is revealed.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I wish I could say what I feel about this man who injected heroin in to his sons neck, but last time I spoke my mind about people like him on this site I got a warning, freedom of speech has its limits here

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Great points.

In a case like this, as silly as it sounds, one should wonder if the police had any evidence to go on other than the 9-year-old boy's word. Perhaps he was injecting himself with heroin, and threw Dad under the bus. It's reasonable to consider that something that a 9-year-old might do, scared to admit his crime and not fully understanding the consequences.

Let's hope the truth prevails.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
I wish I could say what I feel about this man who injected heroin in to his sons neck, but last time I spoke my mind about people like him on this site I got a warning, freedom of speech has its limits here

Just to be clear, "freedom of speech" does not mean "speech without consequences," and since ATS is a private website forum, it also doesn't apply here in the same way it applies in public anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

WTH is wrong with people?

Possibly get the kid addicted to H then pimp him out, to a junkie parenthood can be a money spinner.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This kinda crap make me want to have a minimum age to get kids of 25 years.

A psychological test for the would be parents BEFORE they can even officially have LICENSED kids.

And a review every year of the development of the kids and the parents.

It might cost a shedload of money, but the adults kids like these become cost the society a lot more.

I feel so sad for these abused and neglected kids, I know how they feel.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
This kinda crap make me want to have a minimum age to get kids of 25 years.

A psychological test for the would be parents BEFORE they can even officially have LICENSED kids.

And a review every year of the development of the kids and the parents.

It might cost a shedload of money, but the adults kids like these become cost the society a lot more.

I feel so sad for these abused and neglected kids, I know how they feel.

So who does the licensing. You? Or do the large corporations and wealthy elite assign the licenses? Or is it your traditional (nonexistent) mob rule democracy? Please elaborate. I'm thinking you believe its the non-existent mob-rule democracy you envision giving out these licenses. I'm not a fan of being in a minority being forced at gun-point to do what the majority, traditionally an idiotic and foolish group, tell me what to do. In fact, I'd *shoot back* in self-defense if I could get away with it. So in other words, if you supported this particularly strongly, you need to be stopped at gun point.

Instead of crying to government mommy every time you have problem, I suggest you start solving the problem your self without the eternal wait for the non-solution from government. There are actual solutions that are shown to work in reducing drug addition. The solutions that work involve LESS TYRANNY, NOT MORE TYRANNY. In fact if this story offends you so much you will go out and do things to reduce addition.

The first step in stopping this is to change people's bad attitudes through education that addicts are essentially diseased people, not criminals. They should be treated like humans with a sickness... not freaks to be shunned and caged. Also, you could push for decriminalization of drugs while volunteering at local drug rehabilitation centers. As impossible as this sounds, you could even start your own drug rehabilitation center.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Perhaps the boy was in some distress which our vaunted medical system wold not or could not treat?
I think you may be right when you say wait for the facts.
A supposed good friend of mine gave my oldest boy a hit of junk when he was 13.
It screwed him up for life.
I never found this out till after he was dead as the family thought i would shoot him.(which i probably would have......)Wierd he takes my boys life but i cant take his.....

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Sadly, this is not although too uncommon. I was watching a judge show a year or two ago (I don't watch TV at all anymore), and this woman was on whose mother tried to inject her with heroin, coc aine, etc., and she would hide in the closet or her mother would take her outside naked and throw her into a fire!

It's probably largely (but not completely) due to side effects caused by heroin. Heroin can cause you to hallucinate and do all kinds of weird things, apparently. This man also might've been getting paid to hook heroin addicts; I wouldn't be surprised if there's some heroin-children chain.

Ron Paul wants to legalize heroin, and a lot of people are going to use this story to say heroin shouldn't be legalized. In reality, this is only one story. Compared to the amount of people doing heroin, the stories of this happening are very few. That's not to say every case isn't important; of course it is. But unless there's a massive cover up (like I believe there is with CPS), it seems that this is an isolated incident. Even if it wasn't; it's still better with heroin addicted parents than in CPS many times (people say that, other than this; he was a great father. While not all CPS parents are bad, there is a huge amount that are, and it would most likely be worse for this kid with CPS, I'd guess).

Many people would say it should be illegal for people with kids to do heroin, but that's a false argument; heroin doesn't have a good chance of causing this to happen. Therefore, while heroin may induce this, it is clear that the person can still choose not to inject their kid, as most people do not, so it is not absolutely heroin that is causing this, and therefore that does not go against Ron Paul's position of legalizing heroin.

This is a very terrible story, of course, and I very much hope that this kid is put with the mother (who doesn't appear to have full custody for some reason) or with relatives like grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc., of course, assuming they would be good, and NOT CPS.
edit on 7/17/2011 by LetsChangetheWorld because: Edited text in parentheses after "mother" in the last paragraph.

edit on 7/17/2011 by LetsChangetheWorld because: Edited last sentence.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Up to 35,000 children under 16 are using heroin, according to official figures.

The alarming scale of heroin abuse by children is revealed just a week after an 11-year-old girl collapsed at her primary school desk in Glasgow after smoking the drug.

Kelly Anderson, 27, from Newcastle, whose spiral towards heroin addiction began at 14, said: "I'm not surprised that there are 11-year-olds on heroin. I've seen it before. It's definitely usual for kids around 14."

Could be a case of the kid already doing it on his own... who knows till the trial comes out.

Go to war with a Heroin producing country, see more Heroin being used stateside... Go figure.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

So who does the licensing. You? Or do the large corporations and wealthy elite assign the licenses? Or is it your traditional (nonexistent) mob rule democracy? Please elaborate. I'm thinking you believe its the non-existent mob-rule democracy you envision giving out these licenses. I'm not a fan of being in a minority being forced at gun-point to do what the majority, traditionally an idiotic and foolish group, tell me what to do. In fact, I'd *shoot back* in self-defense if I could get away with it. So in other words, if you supported this particularly strongly, you need to be stopped at gun point.

Instead of crying to government mommy every time you have problem, I suggest you start solving the problem your self without the eternal wait for the non-solution from government. There are actual solutions that are shown to work in reducing drug addition. The solutions that work involve LESS TYRANNY, NOT MORE TYRANNY. In fact if this story offends you so much you will go out and do things to reduce addition.

The first step in stopping this is to change people's bad attitudes through education that addicts are essentially diseased people, not criminals. They should be treated like humans with a sickness... not freaks to be shunned and caged. Also, you could push for decriminalization of drugs while volunteering at local drug rehabilitation centers. As impossible as this sounds, you could even start your own drug rehabilitation center.

Partly was said in anger so I agree, I wouldn't want it to happen with this kind of government too, since this kind of government invades Afghanistan to get control of the Heroin supply and where it goes, and we all see how that turns out.

But in these cases there is just not enough care and social control in society for each other because of individualization.

Here the same things happen, kid gets abused, people file reports and complaints, but judges still give the kids back to the parents and/or the parent the right to take other kids, and when it happens again, none of those judges had any responsibility either.

I'm just getting sick of things like this happening and I think no penalty is high enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Upon reflection, and the wisdom and guidance from the generous comments of some on this fallacious story, it's highly unlikely the father had anything to do with this. I am ashamed, actually, that I posted this story as it has obviously upset some people. The MSM clearly manipulated me into an emotional response, and I feel quite foolish about the whole thing now.

I've even found more information that clearly proves this kid is troubled and had to have done this to himself:

NM man jailed for injecting heroin into boy

Garcia said the boy first told police that he was injected with the drugs by a 15-yearold friend. However, he later "changed his story" and said that it was his father who supplied the drugs.

The boy's sister, whose age is not noted in the arrest warrant statement, told police that Velasquez also "had offered her drugs and alcohol in the past" and that she once drank alcohol because was afraid of her father.

Last month, Velasquez offered the girl drugs, but she refused, telling her father, "that she did not need drugs because she has God," according to Garcia.

That second part is the most damning. God? Really? She doesn't need drugs because she has God? This family is even more messed up than I thought.

Thank you, ATS, for allowing that, sometimes, reason and analysis can be overlooked by emotion.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

Great points.

In a case like this, as silly as it sounds, one should wonder if the police had any evidence to go on other than the 9-year-old boy's word. Perhaps he was injecting himself with heroin, and threw Dad under the bus. It's reasonable to consider that something that a 9-year-old might do, scared to admit his crime and not fully understanding the consequences.

Let's hope the truth prevails.

Thanks.

You are right there are all kinds of possible scenarios that could be happening different than the MSM official story,
, and yet here they are. Our "official fair and balanced" corporate media. Telling us how things are when they don't actually even know. Typical of them. It's a pattern.

Although many negative things can be said about G W Bush, he did say it the best out of anyone. I'll let him say it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Are you blind?

Any parent that injects a banned controlled substance into a child's neck is sure as hell not going to coast away on misdemeanor charges.

Not everything has to be a "freedom" issue.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join