It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yashua the warrior - exposing corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yashua/Jesus the warrior – exposing corruption

I'm still looking at this "correct" name business, I see some merit to it. I may have to ease myself into the name change. Yashua/Jesus.

It seems to me that the picture "church" had painted for me was a mild-mannered, soft-spoken loving man. To the slaughter as a lamb. It was hard to understand why Yashua/Jesus was killed, so I've been really trying to think about it lately and study it for myself. I'm no Bible scholar at all, (and don't attend "church" anymore) So this is just layperson's babbling on and on - here are my thoughts, ponder them and feel free to approve or attack.

In summary, I see that Yashua/Jesus really baited and attacked (well-deserved attack) the leaders of the church. They were too arrogant or evil to acknowledge they were wrong, and they were pissed off enough to set up his quick false trial and hanging.

Yes, Yashua/Jesus went to the cross with hardly a peep. As was fortold in the prophesies. Yashua/Jesus knew this was the inevitable happening, he told his disciples exactly what would happen, (Luke 18:31) what would happen. Not that they understood. But what aroused such anger to make anyone want to kill such a man??

The only thing that ever used to stick out in my mind was when Yashua/Jesus started chasing everyone around and knocking over tables in the synogog with his bullwhip. Like an olden days Indiana Jones, cool dude whipping around with righteous indignation! (I love that story). But it didn't seem enough reason to get hung.

As I read more carefully, I see that in those last few weeks, moreso the last few days before his murder, that Yashua/Jesus was more boldly speaking out in parables and also directly attacking the church leaders right to their faces in “their” church.

He was such a bold warrior. Many of the parables were extremely attacking, clever and subtle ways to show how the church leaders of that day were corrupt. In Luke 20:19, the Bible tells that the chief priests and scribes perceived that Jesus spoke the parable against them. They “sought to lay hands on him”.

Further in Luke it is stated that these chief priests watched him, and even sent spies after him, to try trip him up. Talk about a conspiracy. They asked him tricky questions in public, hoping that they could warp his answers, in order to deliver him to the “authority of the Governor”

Attacking words: in Matthew 22:29 he outrightly told the leaders they were wrong, that they didn't know the scriptures, or the power of God.” Nearly all of Matthew 23 rips apart the leaders right in front of them. Calling them “hypocrites”, “blind guides”, “fools and blind” over and over.

Even though they were clearly plotting against him, Yashua/Jesus was brave and bold and continued to answer their questions. They tried to twist his answers in front of the people but (Luke 20:26) “they could not take hold of his words before the people; and they marvelled at his answer, and held their peace.” After other questions were answered brilliantly by Yashua/Jesus, some of the scribes admitted that he had answered well and Luke 20:40 :and after that they “durst not ask him any question at all.”

Still Yashua/Jesus continued to blatantly attack them “Then in the audience of all the people” he spoke to his disciples: “Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greeting in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers; the same shall receive greater damnation.” after that he looked up and saw people giving their tithes. This indicates that he must have been right in the synogog when he said that the scribes would receive damnation. What a bold and courageous stance – can you imagine walking into someone's church and attacking the leaders? Other parables suggest that the corrupt leaders would ultimately be defeated ex: Luke 19:27: But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.”

But I think the boldest affront is when the church leaders say they follow their “father” Abraham, and follow his example, but he agrees that they follow their father, but goes on to say bah, that their father is satan. Can you imagine telling some church leader that they are the child of satan? Them's fighting words alright!!

Why was Yashua bold, and why should we be brave when we stand up for what is right? (Not accept the mark?
Yashua said (Luke 12:4), not to fear those that have the power to kill the body, because after that there is no more they can do to you. He says “Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.”

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Nice post Yashua or Jesus Is The Word or Logos. His words where so powerful in fact that anything he commanded will come to pass, an example of this is when he was first starting out he simply walked up to 2 of his disciples and said" come with me and I will make you fishers of men" and at that they dropped their nets and followed him. Truly powerful stuff, he could command rocks to be made bread, simply tell a dead person to awake, his power is in his WORDS! he said it himself that words bring life or death and that words where very powerful. Think about it everything that occurs in this world( War, Peace, Treaties...etc) all begin with what....words, and then action takes place. But anyway on to the reason he was killed and why, first off it was already proclaimed by him(Yahweh,God,The Word) in the old testement and so it must happen, second of all the scribes could not ever trump him in verbal combat so to say, and third and probably the entire reason was because he claimed to be the son of God a very very very serious claim, and by claiming to be his son he also claimed to be equal with God. In the mind of the scribes it was blasphemy a mere man claiming Godhood despite the numerous miracles, they even at certain points claimed that he was of the devil in which he trumped them again. Ultimately it was the claim of being Gods son that got him crucified not hanged.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Just dropping my avatar into this fine thread. Best of luck with it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Oooooh... Haha! I get it! LoL! So you saw the title of the thread, knew it was something that didn't fall into your belief system, and decided to come in here anyway because that sharp-as-a-whip superior atheist mind of yours spotted an opportunity to insult and ridicule someone else's belief system. Genius!! I always knew atheists were more. clever, and morally superior to boot!

Christians are always barging into your face with their beliefs, an atheist would NEVER do that...
Christians always try to make you feel stupid if you don't agree with their set of beliefs, an atheist would NEVER do that... That's because they are so superior
And what's totally awesome is that the mods are completely in "agreeance" (Fred Durst copywritten 2001) with you since they just allow you to trample all over the T&C in at least 3 ways that I can think of off the top of my head. Attacking lovers of Jesus is a number one priority for those in charge of heralding in the Secular New World Order and engraving us all, so I'm sure your efforts are appreciated, however lacking in substance they may be at times. Just stir things up as much as you can according to your level of intellect. And yours is actually pretty high for the neo atheists running around lately ever since atheism became a "cool" way to rebel and show that you are a nonconformist.

So I say to you, go on my brother/sister, continue spreading the eternal light and love that is you. If only more people would be like you, then it would be like living in a school playground... Isn't that what we all want? Just a happy little playground where we can just call eachother doodoo heads and run away with logic or compassion playing no part in our decisions or actions?

Atheism... The grown up version of shouting "butthead" to a group of people and then running to the corner snickering at the attention you got from your "naughty" behavior, and sucking your thumb. Wow... Congratulations, you sure stirred up a hornet's nest among those Christians in that thread there...

Grow Up! Try it, you'll like it!

To the op, thanks for the read. I always knew Jesus was the coolest rebel
Anyone, try to tell me you couldn't picture Jesus riding a motorcycle and leading the revolution we all crave so much? Even without knowing what he really looked like, you can just picture it by his attitude. It saddens me to know that there are so many who would enjoy following Jesus and his teachings if only they weren't fooled by those who distort the truth like the elites and their tentacles controlling organized religion. They've purposely made Jesus seem boring and non existent and just plain wrong, All at the same time! Satan, or whatever you want to call him or it, sure is crafty...
edit on 17-7-2011 by ZackMorris because: changed bees to hornets as i believe that is the proper expression

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

Why was Yashua bold, and why should we be brave when we stand up for what is right?
Jesus said, If you want to follow me, pick up your cross.
I believe he was commanding us to tell the truth and to point out what is wrong, even if we get killed for doing so.

Edit to add: Need to drop the words, Jew, Judea, Judaism, too, since those all start with J.
ioudaiōn is how you would pronounce the Greek word in the New Testament that is translated as, the Jews.
edit on 17-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Christians are always barging into your face with their beliefs, an atheist would NEVER do that... Christians always try to make you feel stupid if you don't agree with their set of beliefs, an atheist would NEVER do that...

You're kidding right?

Clearly you haven't read many of the threads by Atheists...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hi all. That was my first post, I wasn't sure it would even be read amidst all the gazillion posts. I did say feel free to criticise, knives sharpen knives?

Observant Zack! I myself have become pretty humble over time. Or maybe just too wimpy. Humble – that's what I see is the difference between an Athiest and an Agnostic. At least an Agnostic is humble enough to acknowledge they don't know; but an Athiest is arrogant enough to say they are certain there is no God.

I love the motorcycle image – go dude!

It saddens me to know that there are so many who would enjoy following Jesus and his teachings if only they weren't fooled by those who distort the truth like the elites and their tentacles controlling organized religion. They've purposely made Jesus seem boring and non existent and just plain wrong

I suppose that's why some people claim to be Agnostics or Athiests, organised religion presenting Jesus as boring and wrong. He's just not hip enough for them. Unfortunately I guess it is becoming more and more “cool” to be anti-religion, anti-Christ.

Hey Grievere – cool. You're over my head. I had to look up logos. Duh. Means words!! I'm getting sharper already. I also discovered there is some controversy about this word Logos in Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org... for example:

The last four words of John 1:1 (θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος, literally "God was the Logos," or "God was the Word") have been a particular topic of debate within Christianity. In this construct, the subject (the Logos) and the complement (God) both appear in the nominative case, and the complement is therefore usually distinguished by dropping any article, and moving it before the verb.[32][33] Grammatically, the phrase could therefore read either "the Word was God" or "the Word was a god." Early New Testament manuscripts did not distinguish upper and lower case,[32] so that pre-existing beliefs about the Trinity have influenced translation, although many scholars see the movement of "God" to the front of the clause as indicating an emphasis more consistent with "the Word was God."

Wayyy to deep for me!!

Yeah, I meant hanged on a cross. I guess that should be hung. I also see a smiley face showed up in my post – it was supposed to be a parenthesis!

ioudaiōn is how you would pronounce the Greek word in the New Testament that is translated as, the Jews.

I'll try to remember that one.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris

Originally posted by Logman

Oooooh... Haha! I get it! LoL! So you saw the title of the thread, knew it was something that didn't fall into your belief system, and decided to come in here anyway because that sharp-as-a-whip superior atheist mind of yours spotted an opportunity to insult and ridicule someone else's belief system. Genius!! I always knew atheists were more. clever, and morally superior to boot!

Yep, you got it. Happy to oblige.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Interesting signature-

"BIBLE WARNING: Literal belief in these stories may be hazardous to your health. Bear in mind they were written by superstitious Bedouin sheepherders ignorant by todays standards"

BIBLE WARNING: Ignoring these "stories" is hazardous to your health. #1 How could they be written when "ignorant by today's standards" would mean you are unable to write? #2 And pray tell, which particular books were written by Bedouin sheepherders? You've got a doctor, boatbuilder, scribes, etc., but off the top of my head I can't recall any written by a shepherd.

top topics

join