It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Idea for a Cure For Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hello I was listening to the radio the other day when a guy talking about cancer and the effects Chemo therapy had on the cells, I already knew what the chemo does to healthy and unhealthy cells alike, and this got me thinking because of a biology assignment I'd done before on viruses, and a person 'pet project' I'm working on now. I did a search and the closest thread on ATS that had anything near to what I was thinking was this

Originally posted by FredT
Scientist ihave modified a herpes virus that will target and kill cancer cells but ignore healthy ones. Its an interesting approach and perhaps it the exact kind of "out of the box" thinking that we need to approach such diseases like cancer etc.

LONDON - A genetically engineered herpes virus, designed to kill cancer cells but leave normal tissue unharmed, has shown early promise in clinical tests, scientists said on Saturday.

The idea of injecting cancer patients with a live virus may seem bizarre, but researchers believe viruses — which are experts at killing cells — could one day become a valuable addition to the medical armory against cancer.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

now my idea stems from cancer being unhealthy cells that have the genes C21 and R53 turned off (sorry if those are the wrong genes If I'm wrong I'll change it), and the unhealthy cells keep on multiplying causing the tumor to spread.

no my idea is that with the medical technology human kind has access to today is it possible to create a artificial virus that would target these unhealthy cells and then as viruses do insert its own DNA sequence that would be the C21 and the R53 genes into these cells and hopefully stop the unhealthy division (these genes are active in regular cells and regulate the cells division).

Thanks for reading my theory.

comments, and criticisms are appreciated, this is a work in progress.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Dominikas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Did you get this idea from here?

Or here?

Or maybe even here?

Oh, wait - here's another one here.

But those are just the first four Google results.

Sorry to rain on your idea parade. It is indeed clever and scientists have been working on it for years.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
ok my bad I'm fairly new and didn't even bother to google search it not because I found the Idea was to unique but also what to search for, I contact a mod and have it deleted.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I didn't mean to come down hard on you. I remember hearing about this a long time ago, as an idea that was being researched. I didn't know there had been any success with it, so that was interesting.

My seven-year-old niece is currently undergoing a long chemo trial that I honestly believe is completely unnecessary and may harm her future health. Her parents are too frightened and too arrogant (at the same time) to listen to anyone, so I don't even bother to ask if they even got a second opinion. I know already that they did not. They're just blindly letting her be fed poison every Friday, without questioning the god-doctors.

Current cancer treatment is pretty barbaric, and I hope something better will be available soon.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I didn't mean to come down hard on you. I remember hearing about this a long time ago, as an idea that was being researched. I didn't know there had been any success with it, so that was interesting.

My seven-year-old niece is currently undergoing a long chemo trial that I honestly believe is completely unnecessary and may harm her future health. Her parents are too frightened and too arrogant (at the same time) to listen to anyone, so I don't even bother to ask if they even got a second opinion. I know already that they did not. They're just blindly letting her be fed poison every Friday, without questioning the god-doctors.

Current cancer treatment is pretty barbaric, and I hope something better will be available soon.

I'm sorry to hear about your niece, and yeah I thought my idea was fairly original so I thought I'd post it here, and I'm actually glad you pointed out what you did in your other post. I've also contacted the moderator and asked for the thread to be taken down because of the little research that I missed that should have been done.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Your right, barbaric is a good description of the treatments. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2002, since then I have had 2 brain surgeries (it came back in 2007), 6 weeks radio therapy and 2 courses of Chemo. I still suffer from the after effects of the radiotherapy. Still I am alive and reasonably healthy, I should have been dead about 2 years ago according to my prognosis, but the barbaric treatment has worked in my case, as it works in many other cases. We will certainly look back in the future at the current way of treating cancer with horror. Like we do with past ways of treating illness's.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
...or people can just cure cancer the natural way.

Typically cancer 'victims' have a fairly low pH balance, perhaps around between 5 and 6, depending on their condition, and many other factors. Raising the pH to a normal, or average, of 7.4~ would be recommended in aiding the body in defeating cancer naturally. However, a pH of 8 would possibly be optimal, as a high alkaline environment is unsuitable for cancer cells to live in.

My advice.. a healthy diet, including eating high-alkaline foods such as cucumbers, red cabbage, radishes, and even lemons (not an acid, surprisingly), and of course, the right mentality is ESSENTIAL.

One who goes into a fight believing they will lose has already determined the outcome of the fight. Though it's hard to have such hope when you're given a death sentence (as is the case with my mother, who was given no more than 2 months to live.. in January. She's still alive today.), one must always be optimistic and believe they will defeat cancer, or any illness for that matter. Willpower is powerful. The brain can do some.. pretty insane things.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think you mean p21 and p53 proteins, which are well known tumour suppressor proteins.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
...or people can just cure cancer the natural way.

Typically cancer 'victims' have a fairly low pH balance, perhaps around between 5 and 6, depending on their condition, and many other factors. Raising the pH to a normal, or average, of 7.4~ would be recommended in aiding the body in defeating cancer naturally. However, a pH of 8 would possibly be optimal, as a high alkaline environment is unsuitable for cancer cells to live in.

My advice.. a healthy diet, including eating high-alkaline foods such as cucumbers, red cabbage, radishes, and even lemons (not an acid, surprisingly), and of course, the right mentality is ESSENTIAL.

One who goes into a fight believing they will lose has already determined the outcome of the fight. Though it's hard to have such hope when you're given a death sentence (as is the case with my mother, who was given no more than 2 months to live.. in January. She's still alive today.), one must always be optimistic and believe they will defeat cancer, or any illness for that matter. Willpower is powerful. The brain can do some.. pretty insane things.

Lemons contain citric acid, which believe it or not, is acidic. They in fact have a pH of about 2-3.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Lemons contain citric acid, which believe it or not, is acidic. They in fact have a pH of about 2-3.

The body's reaction though, is in the opposite direction of what you would expect

www.consumerhealth.org...

How do you get a water pH of 8? Well, the simplest thing to do is squeeze some fresh lemon or lime juice into it. Most people think that doesn't make sense because it is an acid fruit which would make you more acidic. But that does not occur because lemon and lime have a lot of calcium, which converts to calcium hydroxide in the body and that raises your body pH (increases the alkalinity). So the easiest, least expensive thing to do is buy a basket-full of lemons or limes and squeeze that into your water.

www.ionizers.org...

Digestion oxidizes foods in the same way as if they were burned except that it involves enzymes operating at low temperatures. For example, a lemon will break down into carbohydrates that will further break down into carbon dioxide and water leaving a residual alkaline ash consisting of minerals salts such as sodium, potassium and calcium etc. So while a lemon will taste acidic and presents an acid pH if tested raw, its ash will be alkaline and so will its effect on the body.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Right, I should have said "an acid, but absorbed as an alkaline", but technicalities aside it's still a great little fruit considering all it can be used for.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ozone Therapy should work.

top topics

join