It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Greek Athletes Miss Dope Test.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's amazing how far people will go to support their nation. These guys are on dope, and they don't want to disrespect their nation, so they get into a motorcycle accident to aviod their tests. Obviously, they arent fooling anybody.

edition.cnn.com
ATHENS, Greece -- Greece's top sprinter Costas Kenteris has missed a scheduled dope test on the eve of the Athens Games, Olympics and Greek officials have said.

Kenteris and female Greek athletics hopeful Katerina Thanou were ordered to appear before a disciplinary hearing on Friday to explain their actions.

But in a bizarre twist, both athletes were hospitalized after a traffic accident late Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Police say that nobody was seriously hurt, although their injuries are more than scratches. The question is now, do they let these athletes stay, and play the games?

If they missed their test, and they have to retake the test, their drug results may return positive, but they will have an excuse for that. The hospital.

A missed drug test is normally treated as a failed drug test, but they have an excuse for this also. The accident. It seems to be that they planned this accident. The lenghts that these people will go to.

"If he didn't turn up, he's a fool and he deserves to be out."

[edit on 13-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here is another link on this drug test problem:

Early Setback for Athens Games

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I hear you I seen this yeaterday on the News, This is a once in a life time event for most of the people in it. Atleast make the best of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
If they missed their test, and they have to retake the test, their drug results may return positive, but they will have an excuse for that. The hospital.

They actually dropped out of the training in the USA 2 weeks before, knowing they should attend to a test the next day.
After that a new test was scheduled and they dropped it again and didn't attend.

So the IOC asked them to attend to an interview and their excuse for not attending to this interview is the accident.
So basically they didn't attend to 2 doping tests without excuse.

I won't watch the games if they are allowed to join them

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Incredible.....I had a friend who tried out for the javalin throw and slinging ball thing - lol - whatever it's called....she said it was sick hw many people there were all roided out and out-performing the honest ones....

On another note - I find it interesting how the word "dope" gets slinged around.....I always thought it was just a reference to weed but it gets used for almost any drug - I guess it's a cultural thing - like how some people say "soda pop" for coke.... eh...whatever

[edit on 8/13/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
On another note - I find it interesting how the word "dope" gets slinged around.....

Hm, doping is a regular word and my guess is that doping is older than smoking weed.

Main Entry: 2dope
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): doped; dop�ing
transitive senses
1 : to treat or affect with dope; especially : to give a narcotic to
2 : FIGURE OUT -- usually used with out
3 : to treat with a dopant
intransitive senses : to take dope
- dop�er noun

But maybe "doping" isn't the word that is used in America. "Doping" is the word used in Germany as well so I just used it as the translation seems identical. I am open minded for the american wording

Oh yea, "soda pop" etc - I know the same for "sparkling water". You have like 30 different expressions for it here in Germany. Awful.
"You want what?!"

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
Oh yea, "soda pop" etc - I know the same for "sparkling water". You have like 30 different expressions for it here in Germany. Awful.
"You want what?!"

It's funny you mentioned that...my minor was in German and I lived there for a while and I had the same experience...Heilquelle...was?...Heilwasser...was?...Mineralquelle...was?...WASSER MIT BLASE BITTE!!!

new topics

top topics

join