It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO WHAT Murdoch's news companies bribed politicians and policemen to phone hack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
As you know these past couple of days Murdoch and his Empire has been under deep scrutiny due to alleged mass phone hackings on innocent victims, celebrities, politicians and even god damn royalty. Most might say justice has been finally served on the old tool who has no doubt been controlling the media and influencing world politics for decades. So that brings to the question of why am I ranting over an event which I should be happy about?

If anyone thinks that this hacking scandal has done anything good for the people, please leave this thread now

I find it hiliarious that our politicians here in the UK (and possibly in the US) are saying that they will bring the phone hackers and Murdoch to justice and that its a great day for the "people" that Murdoch halted his plans to buy BSkyB, when just a few months ago all of them, (including the prime minister) were sharing their beds with the Murdochs!
This situation sounds a bit like the Gaddafi dilemma considering just a year ago he was considered an ally and now they want him dead!

AS IF News Corp or other News Companies are the only culprits for phone hacking - does the CIA or MI5 ring any bells? Like they haven't been tapping countless people's phones, monitoring our internet and emails or other things God knows what!
What I think is that this hacking scandal is all an elaborate ploy because Murdoch will still have his billions at the end of the day, the politicians will get away and a few random or innocent people (with an engineered back story to make them seem guilty) will be prosecuted.

This road only leads to one thing - increased news censorship both on the internet and on paper.

Now please excuse me while I use a quote from a Star Wars movie which I think fits this current situation perfectly
:

Always two there are....no more...no less. A master and an apprentice.

But which one was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?

edit on 17-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
you talking about the saudi prince that owns murdoch/fox news/etc?
i mean, you aren't being very descriptive here. need to speak up

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
you talking about the saudi prince that owns murdoch/fox news/etc?
i mean, you aren't being very descriptive here. need to speak up

The Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al-Saud of Saudi Arabia, through his Kingdom Holding Company, owns 7% of News Corp.'s shares, making Kingdom Holdings the second largest shareholder.
Doesn't look like the Saudi prince exactly "owns" Murdoch's News Corp...
edit on 17-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

well then who you talking about?
cause if the second in command just got trounced, and prince is the second in command, who the heck ya talking about? (referring to your analogy)
edit on 17-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So what your saying is that you agree with immoral and illegal activities. If these activities are carried out by people whom push an ideology you support then it's all OK. However if it was the BBC carrying out these illegal immoral and unethical practices, you can be damn sure the Murdoch press would have destroyed the BBC. by now.

There's plenty of other right wing newspapers you can get to give you your fix of right wing self righteousness.

You know David Cameron met executives from News International 23 times in the space of a year. Almost once a fortnight. Do you think that's healthy for a democracy. I dont see my closest friends that many times a year.

Why so many meetings, why so often. Has Cameron not got anything better to do. Or was the power of the Murdoch empire that influential that it required fortnightly meetings. In the same year he met no BBC execs.

The Murdoch empire is more of a threat to the internet than the government of the UK. Look how Murdoch is charging for his papers online. Thats the murdoch future for the internet.
edit on 17-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This all reminds me of a James Bond Movie, im thinking it was Tomorrow Never Dies. Rich media mogul with alot of power.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Talk about missing the point. We all knew there was corruption in the police. We all knew the papers told people how to vote through the tabloids (think about it 80% people vote the same way its the floating tabloid reading 20% who swing elections one way or another something all politicians have known). Nobody cared if celebs were hacked.

BUT.......phone tapping a dead girls mobile for inside info which made the parents think she was still alive because the hacker deleted mailbox items to free up space!!!!!! Hacking phones of dead soldiers family for a story!!!!!

That is when new corp stepped over the line. Now everyone has the chance to get rid of the need to court favours with Murdoch to get elected. Now we have enough anger to get the corrupt Met officers in jail.

Unfortunately I suspect the corruption might go so deep as to prevent immediate action ie "lets have an inquiry" ie delay action for 2 years so people forget.

We have the chance to screw all that corrpution and get people sent away. We will regret the opportunity if we sit back and say "nothing will get done TPTB will make sure blah blah blah". Hound your MP, make damn sure people don't let this rest.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

I think people are missing my point. I'm not saying that they shouldn't bring these people to justice but the thing is that this hacking scandal is not just associated with News Corp - I'm pretty sure every major news organisation, intelligence agency and other major corporations has had their share of hacking into other people's business.

Now I wonder what implications that would have on the media as a whole if the investigation went that far in!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

If anyone thinks that this hacking scandal has done anything good for the people, please leave this thread now

No.

Sharing beds with him sure but now a light is shined on him and his activities as well as the politicians that sucked up and seemed beholding. Done a great deal of good for the people.

People will never give up a free press because without it you have a communist fascist dictatorship.
They will not let us devolve into a Police State either. Those events and abuses are reaching a peak.
they will be brought in line soon. If they are not...then yes this is probably the beginning of the end. I think it has to be the beginning of the end for corruption. If not we are doomed.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by malcr

I think people are missing my point. I'm not saying that they shouldn't bring these people to justice but the thing is that this hacking scandal is not just associated with News Corp - I'm pretty sure every major news organisation, intelligence agency and other major corporations has had their share of hacking into other people's business.

Now I wonder what implications that would have on the media as a whole if the investigation went that far in!

I am sure they all had people working for them that would stoop to that.
In some organizations this behavior is condemned and in others it is rewarded.
We need to all be a little more selective who we believe and who we trust.

Credentials and integrity should count.

top topics

join