It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet "Whispering Campaigns" Falsely Accuse Teresa Heinz Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I spotted this bogus email campaign flying around the net. Just thought I'd help ya'll to arm yerselves against the lies.

Bogus e-mail messages claim she's given millions to "radical" groups, some linked to terrorists, and located Heinz factories overseas. Both claims are false.

August 4, 2004
Modified: August 12, 2004
eMail to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Summary

False allegations about Kerry's wife have been circulating for months, but the velocity of the Internet "whispering campaign" picked up substantially with the approach of the Fall campaign.

One false message claims Teresa Heinz Kerry gave $4 million to a foundation that used the funds to support a list of "radical" groups including one with alleged links to Hamas and another that is said to have offered to provide a lawyer for Saddam Hussein. But public records show otherwise. Heinz Kerry's foundation money was directed to projects such as "Sustainable Pittsburgh," which promotes "smart growth" strategies.

Another widely circulated e-mail claims Kerry and his wife "own" dozens of H.J. Heinz Company factories in Europe and Asia. It accuses Kerry of hypocrisy for denouncing offshoring of US jobs while "making millions off that cheap labor."

That's also false: neither of them own Heinz. Public records show Heinz Kerry isn't an officer of the company, isn't on the company's board of directors, and isn't even close to being the largest shareholder. The Heinz Endowments do own Heinz stock -- less than 4% of the company -- but income from that stock goes to charity, not to the Kerrys personally.
www.factcheck.org...

This really pisses those promulgators off. Trust me. I've spoken with several of them throughout the course of this day.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There was a whispering campaign to discredit Teresa H. Kerry, AND no one alerted ME? DOH!

Damn....seems to me that if Teresa would just release her tax returns/records, all this could be cleared up?!

seekerof

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's all out there in the public domain for your perusal. That's what this thread is for. Links provided for the inquiring mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Really ECK?
Its all there for ALL to see?
How can FactCheck know what is revealed or not when THEY haven't even seen or know what is on Teresa's tax returns/reports?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
As I said, anyone who wants to do the research can. The tax info is out there. I've seen it. The site I provided provides plenty of links to the research. Click click!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So are you saying that she gave millions of Heinz foundation funds to the Tides Foundation is untrue?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Click on the link and check out the emails and point by point rebuttles. It's all there. There's also a statement offered by the Heinz company saying Theresa Heinz Kerry has absolutely nothing to do with decision making and operations. This is just a brainless smear campaign sponsored by those who are filled with hate and have nothing better to do. It also illustrates why folks shouldn't buy into WorldNetDaily's crap. (That's where it originated.)

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Your right, there are loads of "click, click" type www sites.....like this and what it has found and says:
The Tides Foundation: Liberal Crossroads of Money and Ideas....

I guess the name Drummond Pike has lost its relevance when applied to Mrs. John F'n Kerry?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So are you suggesting you actually buy into this nonsense, Seekerof? I would think you'd be more wise to this crap?

No credible news organization would accept WorldNetDaily as a source. For this very reason.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ECK.....just "click, click, click", k?

Heinz Kerry tides foundation
OR
tidesfoundation

seekerof

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
One question Seekerof, are you sayin' you believe the emails in question are true?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

top topics

join