It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All you Second Lifers here, there is an ATS group!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you want to get together in person (sort of) with other ATS members on Second Life, I have created a open group, Above Top Secret. Message JoeinNorthCarolina Akroyd for a invite! I can set my homestead so we can listen to ATS live via Streaming!

DISCLAIMER: This is not an officially Sanctioned group of Above Top Secret, its just another way for members to connect

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Second Life? Is that the video game...err free world.. where you can buy virtual property and stuff? If it is, I tried it but it didn't do it for me. I'm more of an pvper

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

yup, thats it, its not really a video game, its more of a Metaverse

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Good one
But i live way to far noth

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have spent countless mornings drinking coffee in secondlife and know quite a few people there with building skills. I used to own my own skyscraper actually, I know IMPRESSIVE.

I shall surly show up sooner or later.

See u there! You will recognize the mask.

MM

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm in the process of setting up my homestead like an Area 51 type place...got a ton of alien craft to display LOL

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

way too far north? you can STILL get on second life
www.secondlife.com

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

As Homer said above, secondlife is sorta like a world itself, not a game. Here are some interesting facts-

1)There is a working economy (you don't need to join it) and all things inside can be purchased inside the world with this currency. One unit of currency is called a "Linden", and though you can purchase Lindens with real money, you can also acquire Lindens through other means. Workings, selling art, building objects and homes and really anyway you can think of.

2) "Everything" within secondlife was created at one time by a user. Meaning, the entire world, everyone in it, every building, animal, cloud, plant, etc- was user generated. There is nothing in secondlife that was not made by one of its citizens, and the land spans for 100s of miles of cities, country side, alien landscapes and whatever else you can imagine.

3) Famous folks have visited secondlife, all sorts, I think even Obama made a visit there. I can't quote the names of the all cus I don't care about about famous people and don't pay attention.

4) Lindens actually transfer into real currency in the real world. I don't know the transfer rate, but people have made actual real world fortunes off making Lindens and turning them into real dollars, selling land, items they invent, cyber fashion or avatars, etc. I myself made over 50,000 Lindens in my first month playing just selling artwork for people to hang in their homes. I think that translated to like 50 bucks in the real world at that time. The economy may trade higher or lower right now since its an active economy that fluctuates like any other.
Great place, and easy to learn.

Um...yup...thats secondlife!

Like I said, I used to have morning coffee there, and met a good chat group that did the same. It was fun! I haven't been there in a long time, but if you are gunna try and build a little get together place, I'd love to come and help or at least say hi.

MM
edit on 16-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes, I actually make money in second life, i sell virtual real estate
Drew Carey is one of the better knows advocates of Second Life, here's a video he did talking about it

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
sady 2nd life is dead.
I was an avid 2nd lifer for the past 5 years and if you go in world today it's a gost town. no where the energy it once had or participation. even vendors have diminished.

one of my all time fav things to do was landscaping my island, now all of my old landscape shops are closed. even tiki resources have died.

It was a great idea with huge participation, but it's had it's day.
RIP 2nd life. (or as some call it, "2nd wife)...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
sady 2nd life is dead.
I was an avid 2nd lifer for the past 5 years and if you go in world today it's a gost town. no where the energy it once had or participation. even vendors have diminished.

Well, I usually visit "Ahern" and notice less folks there, but still the same old chatters I've known my entire stay are still there. Yes, there is less of a crowd surrounding the place- but the normal SL crowd was always a bunch of trolls, perverts or jerks.

Those who are still there are still there, and if you want a nice voice-chat sim with never ending space and freedom, its there.

I'm not saying you are wrong, there is a lot of hype over SL's death, but there is also counter arguments to that easily found online.

In my worthless opinion- I do not like crowds, nor do I consider SL any better or worse based on how popular it is. Heck, I actually like less folks bumping into me.

I think if Homer makes a place for ATS heads to get together, more than a few will surly show up.

In fact, I'm going there now...lol...he got me missing the program. It really is an awesome experiment in online social gathering.

MM

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i actually miss it, and think an ATS group would be awesome.
i went to repurchase another island recently and found nothing that used to be like my old. i used to spend HOURS upon HOURS landscaping my property. love it, and miss it dearly.

maybe i'll check into prices soon on islands, they had to have been lowered by now.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

did you have a homestead? I sell land on SL my company sells em for 8,000/week, full EM rights, 3750 prim

Here's a pic of my current avatar:

A close up shot

edit on 7/17/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ya , second life is pretty cool. I have been building there for 4 years lol and its still fun . Here is myself ( harlan Zhaoying) standing by a ATS sign that will open ATS in a browser window when clicked on. Just IM me in world and I will send you a copy if you want one.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a6ff430cc7a.gif[/atsimg]
I meen , where else can you be the cool-aid man standing on the Enterprise , over superman's fortress of solitude?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f556d2103cab.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ahhh heres Me in second life . Just a small sample of whats possible there also))
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75f33792b8e5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38e9650ba6bc.jpg[/atsimg]

Believe it or not , most of these control panels actually do stuff too , like turn on holograms , open teleport points ect.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
here's the entrance to the ATS hangout in Second Life:

come check it out!

top topics

join