It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in Subjective or Objective Creation (of reality)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Do you believe in Subjective Creation which is believing that you create your own reality (Law of Attraction) as taught by Abraham Hicks, Bashar, The Secret (Movie), etc...

Or do you believe in Objective Creation which is believing that things are what they are and you should just go with your flow so that you can be connected to Spirit/Self through it all.

Which do you believe?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Both.
Unobserved (objective) reality exists as a probabilistic wave function.
subjective observation breaks down the wave function in to particular matter

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good question. Is it ok if I believe in both? Can I believe in my own preordained destiny and my ability to shape my own future at the same time?
On the one hand I have experimented with the law of attraction, to varying degrees of success, However I don't discount the possibility that the path I walk is one set long before I started it.

Thanks OP, you've really given me something to think about here. S+F for you

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I believe in both actually.

I believe that everything on earth already exists as an objective - meaning they are what they are and can not be argued

And everything in my own reality was brought forth through my perception - direct and peripherally (spelling) and emotional constructs. All of these items represent my subjective reality to their objective existence.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
Both.
Unobserved (objective) reality exists as a probabilistic wave function.
subjective observation breaks down the wave function in to particular matter

I'm not talking about reality, I'm talking about creation....

Originally posted by HanoverFat
Good question. Is it ok if I believe in both? Can I believe in my own preordained destiny and my ability to shape my own future at the same time?
On the one hand I have experimented with the law of attraction, to varying degrees of success, However I don't discount the possibility that the path I walk is one set long before I started it.

Thanks OP, you've really given me something to think about here. S+F for you

If you believe that your destiny is preordained but you can "shape" it. That is still believing in Objective Creation because your saying it was already done but now you are just "shaping" it.

Originally posted by azbowhunter
I believe in both actually.

I believe that everything on earth already exists as an objective - meaning they are what they are and can not be argued

And everything in my own reality was brought forth through my perception - direct and peripherally (spelling) and emotional constructs. All of these items represent my subjective reality to their objective existence.

Again, I'm not talking about reality. I'm talking about creation...

EDIT:

Probably some are confused. When I say Subjective or Objective creation of reality, I am NOT talking about perspective or reality. I'm talking about your life and what comes into it.

Do you believe that you make your own life and put what you want in your life (subjective),
or do you believe in destiny that everything is already determined but maybe you can shape it a bit (objective)?

edit on 16-7-2011 by arpgme because: Explain

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
how would you differentiate between reality and "the creation" ?

edit on 16-7-2011 by rom12345 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

how would you differentiate between reality and "the creation" ?

edit on 16-7-2011 by rom12345 because: spelling

I just edited the above post to explain what I mean. I apologize, probably I wasn't being clear enough.

When I say Subjective or Objective creation of reality, I am NOT talking about perspective or reality. I'm talking about your life and what comes into it.

Do you believe that you make your own life and put what you want in your life (subjective),
or do you believe in destiny that everything is already determined but maybe you can shape it a bit (objective)?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
All things that come into your life do so with the same concept.
There is a range of possibilities as to that which has not happened to you.
Once you experience an event, the probabilities narrow into one of those probabilities, in the "now"
"Destiny" is more like a tree than a linear path.

see

Probabilistic causation
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-7-2011 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I believe both. Creation can go from subjective to objective. Great OP, you have giving me something to ponder about.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

All things that come into your life do so with the same concept.
There is a range of possibilities as to that which has not happened to you.
Once you experience an event, the probabilities narrow into one of those probabilities, in the "now"
"Destiny" is more like a tree than a linear path.

see

Probabilistic causation
en.wikipedia.org...

It's interesting because that can still be seen as objective creation. The possibilities are there, you are choosing out of those.... So I don't think Subjective Creation vs Objective Creation can be determined so easily.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The difference is :
choice and consequence.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would have to take the Objective stance on the matter; it would be impossible to create our own reality before we exist because creation would be impossible.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The Anthropic principle offers some perspective on this
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm not even sure that it matters. Obviously, to believe in creation at all, is to believe in a Creator. Where you go from there, is your biggest responsibility to yourself. Realising this ? Is the most important thing in life.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Everything we can experience through our senses is made up of parts, and its existence is dependent on external conditions. Everything is in constant flux, and so conditions and the thing itself are constantly changing. Things are constantly coming into being, and ceasing to be. Since nothing lasts, there is no inherent or fixed nature to any object or experience.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

What you just quoted, agree with Objective Creation of Reality.

You said:

"...Everything is in constant flux..."

Objective Creation is believing just that. Everything is in a constant flux and your job is to just be the best you that you can be to go along with that flux very smoothly.

Subjective Creation does not agree that everything is in a constant flux, Subjective Creation would be more like... creating the flux itself, instead of constantly being in it...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The truth about this topic can only be confirmed subjectively
So what can not be confirmed, is conjecture.
"Do you believe" resulting in anything but subjectivity, is an absurd logical composite.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

That is a fallacy! If I said "Do you think blue or red is a better color" that is not really subject of the colors itself. The opinion is.

Subjective and Object creation are just views of seeing things, but which one you like to see is more subjective...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

views of seeing things

mmm.

subjective |səbˈjektiv|
adjective
1 based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions : his views are highly subjective | there is always the danger of making a subjective judgment. Contrasted with objective .
• dependent on the mind or on an individual's perception for its existence.

1 (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts : historians try to be objective and impartial. Contrasted with subjective .
• not dependent on the mind for existence; actual : a matter of objective fact.

The dictionary has some insight into this.

Jokes a side.
My belief is adaptive and my change according to objective and/or subjective analysis of facts and/or fiction

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Objective reality, subjective interpretation.

I don't believe in BS like the law of attraction.
edit on 17-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join