It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With These Limited Facts, it Would Seem This Was an Accident Waiting to Happen-Yes or No?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Police: Miss. woman shooting at dog kills husband

The story has limited info. In a nut shell of a nut shell: small kids;a pit bull (named coc aine), a gun, a dead person. Could any one have predicted it?

Police in Mississippi say a woman opened fire on a puppy that had threatened children, but wound up shooting and killing her husband

So, what do you guys think?

A Tragedy Impossible to Have Been Forseen

ColoradoJens
edit on 16-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
She shot the dog while her husband was holding it? ...Seriously?

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yeah, little coc aine had apparently attacked the kids, and in all the hubub as she was blasting away she hit her hubby and killed him. If only something could have been done to avert such a senseless tragedy...I wonder if anything they may have done differerntly to have affected the outcome of the day...nope. Can't think of a thing.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

Because, you'd think, if he could pick it up and hold it, they could take it and have it humanely put down...if nothing else...or train it...or find it a suitable home...it is a puppy for heaven's sake.

Best way to look at it is, one less stupid gun toting idiot running around, but they've already bred so....no bright side on this one for me...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

But the gun toting idiot is still alive. She's the one who shot her husband.

And I assume she can still procreate.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
.....So the dogs name was coc aine?

I feel for the children and for the wife as Im sure she didnt mean to shoot her husband, but then again the world we live in these days you just never can tell....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

But the gun toting idiot is still alive. She's the one who shot her husband.

And I assume she can still procreate.

Good point...yes!

*Shudders with the hopelessness of it all*

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Today’s lesson in reading comprehension:

Come on people… READ. It’s a very short story… I know you can do it…

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

No, she missed the dog and shot her husband.

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Yeah, little coc aine had apparently attacked the kids, and in all the hubub as she was blasting away she hit her hubby and killed him.

She fired 2 shots. I wouldn’t call that “blasting away”.

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
Because, you'd think, if he could pick it up and hold it, they could take it and have it humanely put down...if nothing else...or train it...or find it a suitable home...it is a puppy for heaven's sake.

This is exactly what they did!

Originally posted by rinowilli
I feel for the children and for the wife as Im sure she didnt mean to shoot her husband, but then again the world we live in these days you just never can tell....

The children weren’t theirs. But I still feel for them!

Ok, now… this is what the story says:

The puppy "lunged" at some children. The children were not these people's children nor was the puppy theirs. The woman fired 2 shots, one of them killed her husband and the other one missed. The puppy was taken into animal control. The puppy's owners could face charges. They are still deciding whether to charge the woman, who recklessly killed her husband – by accident it appears.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Honey he keeps moving hold em still so I can hit him... (said in hillbilly drawl)

This is like a really bad redneck joke. You might be a redneck if you tell your husband to hold the dog so you can shoot him.... And he does...

Perhaps the gene pool is better off.... Course I don't believe for one minute her story.

edit on 16-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Honey he keeps moving hold em still so I can hit him... (said in hillbilly drawl)

This is like a really bad redneck joke. You might be a redneck if you tell your husband to hold the dog so you can shoot him.... And he does...

Perhaps the gene pool is better off.... Course I don't believe for one minute her story.

WTF is that supposed to mean?
That is some of the most ignorant speculative b.s. Iv'e ever heard.
Maybe the gene pool would be better off if you...
Nevermind, I'll keep it sweet.

edit on 16-7-2011 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I read the article and it sounds to me that the guy picked the dog up before the woman shot the dog. The article states: "The dead man's son says the children were taken inside and his father picked the dog up.

It was then that police say Betty Walker fired twice, hitting the dog once and her husband once in the chest."

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2011/07/16/national/a111234D21.DTL#ixzz1SJSbmQjc

Ok lets follow what this is saying: according to the "dead man's" son, his father picked up the dog. This means the guy picked up the dog before he was shot. I don't think he could have done that once he was dead.

The article also states, if we read it in order, the guy picks up the dog and "it was then that police say Betty Walker fired twice, hitting the dog once and her husband once in the chest."

So with all of this, I would say that this women shoot the dog while her husband was holding it. This leads me to wonder if you read the short story.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA

Originally posted by hawkiye

WTF is that supposed to mean?
That is some of the most ignorant speculative b.s. Iv'e ever heard.
Maybe the gene pool would be better off if you...
Nevermind, I'll keep it sweet.

edit on 16-7-2011 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

Not much on humor are you... Lighten up! The women shot at the dog while her husband was holding it. That is as stupid as it gets. The rest was just adding some humor to the mix. How stupid do you have to be to shoot at a dog while your husband is holding it? It just followed naturally to make it even stupider to have her tell him to hold it still while she shot... But then I said I don't believe her for a minute. She is using the whole thing to cover up shooting her husband.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthseeker111

Originally posted by Truthseeker111
Ok lets follow what this is saying: according to the "dead man's" son, his father picked up the dog. This means the guy picked up the dog before he was shot. I don't think he could have done that once he was dead.

So with all of this, I would say that this women shoot the dog while her husband was holding it. This leads me to wonder if you read the short story.

Why? I never said that the man wasn't holding the dog when he was shot.

Did you read my short post?
(Really I'm just kidding... but you missed my point in all of that).
edit on 16/7/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Didn't sound like you were kidding. Sorry that I missed that. But she didn't miss the dog, she shot both the dog and her husband.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wonder if she closed her eyes while she pulled the trigger

Note to all rookie gun owners: Closing ones eyes and turning ones head whilst pulling the trigger does not, I repeat, does not enable you to hit your target... it only works in the movies.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And yet another note to all rookie gun owners:

If your target is small, soft, and squishy... odds are that the bullet will pierce right through and come out the other side hitting whatever is behind your target.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Didn't sound like you were kidding. Sorry that I missed that. But she didn't miss the dog, she shot both the dog and her husband.

Dang.. we're having a hard time communicating.

I wasn't kidding about my first post. I was kidding when I asked you if you had read my post.

I didn't say she missed the dog either.

You said this:

reply to post by Truthseeker111

You weren’t talking about missing the dog but the fact that her husband picked the dog up (while alive) which is why I said this

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Why? I never said that the man wasn't holding the dog when he was shot.

I was kidding about this:

Did you read my short post?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This world is DONE for....

This is just like what happened to Oscar Grant. They cuffed him. Stupid fool of a cop shot him..

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

Absolutely sweet Avatar! Yes, the dog's name was coc aine. And yes, I too believe things are nuts around here...

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

No, she missed the dog and shot her husband.

You did say she missed the dog.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join