It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Fukushima

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Very true and btw we are not talking about some cattle that you can shoo to the other side of the willow when a fire breaks out. We are talking about relocation of more than one hundred thousand people... That's no small task... I don't think there are a lot of empty places in the nearby area that provide an appropriate infrastructure.

And concerning a possible fear of the townspeople to get in contact with the people from fukushima... Sorry but this is crap... In a country where dozens of volunteers enter a radioactive plant to help although they know they will die in the long run such a shameful attitude would be highly unlikely...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Bring them to Texas.

Considering all the illegals coming to sponge off of us from the southern border that we DONT want, I welcome the Japanese. I think they would make a good addition.

Just leave the Yakuza there. Those cats are way beyond bad ass.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am not so sure that the Japanese people are as fatalistic about radiation as you make out.
I am sure that TEPCO and the Japanese Gov are working hand in glove to downplay to the point of outright lies, the situation from the very start.
Thirty years may not be long enough to clean up the radioactive mess.
For every day, that they(the reactors) remain open and spewing radiation both into the sky and the sea, a certain number of people will die, a certain number born deformed or sick,and many will develope cancers of all types.leukimia,bladder cancer, kidney cancer, skin cancer and more.
There is absolutely no guarantee that the resultant mess of nuclear fuel now burning its way nto the earth, wont go critical again this time with greater effect.
The country has experience with nuclear fallout and its long asting effects, but i think the amounts here and the duration of the crisis will surpass chernobyl, and be greater than the two atomic bombs too.
Surely at some point there will have to be some kind of resettlement of many many people in japan.
I fail to fathom why anyone with children still lives in the area though.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Unfortunatly I couldn't find an english translation, but can well imagine the content nonetheless.
A damn horrible thing that is taking place. It does, however have a somewhat morbid silver linning in that the dangers of nuclear energy have an opportunity to be thrust back into the public spotlight.
I know that the Japanese people are a damn resilient lot and a recovery will likely move far quicker then other nations might.
Japanese culture does not readily facilitate public outcry or civil unrest in general which is why we nations of less temperate demeanour have a moral and ethical duty to stand by our brothers and sisters in their time of need.
Petition your goverments to politely impress upon the Japanese gov the global nessecity to spare no expense in the care of these brave and noble people.
My heart goes out.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
abandoned and left to fend for themselves or die

all in the name of Business

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4nny
Where's all the MSM coverage of this? Weren't we inundated with stuff from Haiti and other earthquake stories where a nuclear disaster did NOT occur? Pretty sad when ordinary citizens have to make their own plea for help, while their government tries to sweep everything under the rug. Just proof, in my eyes, that the media is controlled and we only get to see what TPTB want us to see.

Yah, strange that the country was so obsessed with one Casey Anthony and her trial and release from prison but there's an information blackout on one of the biggest nuclear accidents in history. Something is definitely off. When I hear people at work talking about Casey, but no one says a word about Fukushima, it's just strange.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fireysnowman29

Your barely human...

Your insensitivity is why the world is the way it is.(well, maybe just one tiny reason)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

For every day, that they(the reactors) remain open and spewing radiation both into the sky and the sea, a certain number of people will die, a certain number born deformed or sick,and many will develope cancers of all types.leukimia,bladder cancer, kidney cancer, skin cancer and more.

Well, for a change, something is finally not the fault of the evil US Empire, although some here have attibuted the tsunami to scalar weapons(but why not the Russian ones? why always the US is the bad guy nowadays?)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What is the world doing about Fukishima? Nothing. Nothing at all. Fukishima? What Fukishima?

The governments don't want to say anything because they all have these radioactive killers in their backyards ready to destroy when they break down and they don't know how to get rid of them and still produce electricity.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You can play the video with your choice of drop down sub titles by going here:
www.universalsubtitles.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
why should i feel sorry for them refusing to leave a danger zone? this is just like those people who live beside volcanos. all you can do is shake your head.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticUnderdog
why should i feel sorry for them refusing to leave a danger zone? this is just like those people who live beside volcanos. all you can do is shake your head.

You did not watch the vid. They are not refusing to leave, on the contrary they are seeking help to relocate and looking for the government to start telling the truth. There is however, a certain problem between the Japanese situation and Chernobyl. In Chernobyl it was a communist government that took responsibility for the calamity and moved the people voluntarily. In Japan they are pretending to be blind about it all and leaving it to Daiachi Corp to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. The price of living in a capitalist country like Japan is that they wish the story away and no one reports on it. No reporting equals no story. No story equals no problem. No problem equals no reason for the government or the corporation to do anything about no problem even though in reality there is a huge problem.

This is actually a quite telling reason as to why no one in the west trusts government. It is because nothing is being reported that the government does not want reported. The conspiracy is between the big news agencies and the government. If you are like Murdoch's News Corp and the international government conspiracy doesn't like you then they promise to bring you down and that is what they did.

We have no reporting. Therefore the people are left with alternative news to try and make decisions. Why do you think the ELENIN story takes center stage? If the media will not report on the bad things in progress at Fukishima why would they report on ELENIN? Of course they would not. So anything having to do with the potentinal problematic nature of close earth orbit situations not only go unreported but are now classified.

Fukishima is a wake up call for anyone that trusts fair reporting. It isn't happening.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
link to english version
edit on 16-7-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

That's really not funny, you tool.

Please mods remove his post... this is insulting to the millions of Japanese who are exposed to this catastrophe.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Our Federal government sends our tax dollars abroad for illegal war, (Libya) keeping troops stationed abroad for no reason costing us more money. Think of how much of the money spent on all that could go toward our nation and if spent outside our country, use it to help people without political motives! Like those in Japan.

See, this is why we shouldn't rely on them to do anything. We the people have to unite and bring about change. What a benefit we could do for each other because we want to, not because we're forced to. And the benefit we could give to those in need of help abroad.

reply to post by Samuelis

This thread is about something serious and you link to a video from 2007 about toilets. What is wrong with you?
Grow up!

edit on 17-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by stirling

Well, for a change, something is finally not the fault of the evil US Empire, although some here have attibuted the tsunami to scalar weapons(but why not the Russian ones? why always the US is the bad guy nowadays?)

I guess you poked out all your eyes. For you say that and cannot see the facts.
America the Great (Babylon) developed the Atom Bomb and the out come of our Nuke Program brought about Nuke Reactors.
We were the first to use this Death Weapon and the first to develop it for Power Usage. Or am I wrong that America didn't use this to Kill the Japanese?
So, answer me this; Why would a Nation seek to use such a deadly agent to produce power?
Did they totally forget what was done to them with this same #?
Now I know the Japanese People are very industrialist and could of Invented other means such as Thermal (they have it under them in mass) Or wind or wave. But they went the American way. Maybe we were the ones who proposed they go the way of Nukes. After all American Corporations and Banks were behind the re-building of their country.
I see Atomic Power as an Evil form of Power. It never goes away just like evil.
Yes we thought we needed to kill with the A-Bomb, but my Dad was their afterwards and helped them rebuild. What He saw was amazing. He saw all of Japan fire bombed to the ground and starvation in mass and nursing tents for women to breast feed the motherless children. But we save 2 cities for the ultimate evil of the Atom.
Believe you me if my country and people were destroyed in such a manner and I was Emperior of Japan there would of been an order of the magnitude of death to any who would deem it that this the Atom be used for the grid. I would think it better to be backwards in life then forward into death.
America had become the Greatest of Evils when we decided to use the Bomb and develop such a weapon. we should of never tried to harness the Power of God.
Now look at what a Nuke Plant is capable of doing. it is capable of doing more then those 2 bombs dropped by America.
I pray for these the Japanese, but ask God to Damn the Tepco ass holes who are lying to their very own.
If any on ATS know of an organization for the thousands of homeless there i have a home here for at least 2 of them.
Don't have much money and grow my own foods, but I am willing to share what ever I have with these so unfortunate ones.
The Earthquakes are still shaking that Poor island of Radiated People.
Pray for them if you have a God who hears.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

@Heartisblack

Although a lot of your conjecture is definitely something to think about, I will apologize for coming off gruffer than I wanted. Nevertheless, stating that they are being held against their will without proof, well, that's just walkin on thin ice. One wrong step and things could get pretty bad pretty quick.

I do ask myself, WHY are they staying. If it were my family in jeopardy and I was the head of the family, I would have already left. People in far worse, (and better) countries have left their homes with only their shirts on their backs out of fear for their lives. That said, they are still their. I do not for one second believe that they are being held against their will. That they may be lied to about the situation... ABSOLUTELY, but against, their will? I;m sorry but there is NO WAY, I can be convinced that so many thousands of people can be kept without the slightest dissent among the masses. So, either they are being lied to, in which case, there would be no signs of exodus/strain or, the more obvious, they just dont want to leave for whatever myriad reasons.

I do thank you for pointing out that that emergency is FAR from over but as the news has been reporting lately, (NOTE: I haven't seen too much posted on here about it) there have been numerous other nuclear scares, like the plant that had a partial shut down due to the rising Mississippi (which WAS reported on here) and the recent Los Angeles area plant that had some sort of "short term" "NON RELATED: *right* emergency

Perhaps a NEW thread on all the Nuke plants having things go wrong?

Again, please accept my apology for coming off aggressive. But please, let's not speculate wildly where thousands if not millions of lives have already be affected detrimentally.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fireysnowman29

why should we care about this tsunami disaster at all?

I don't believe it is a should or shouldn't proposition.

Either you do, or you don't. The reason so many "do" care about the plight of their fellow man is because they are sentient beings, called humans, displaying a trait called empathy.

I don't believe that trolls are burdened with this experience. Trolls apparently take the time to read subject matter that they don't believe they or anyone else should care about, and then ask why they took the time to do so. I empathize with your distressed confusion.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How heartbreaking. Especially for a culture that is so trusting of TPTB to care for them.

My question is where can one find the ongoing measurements of radiation in the area?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I think A LOT of people in America (myself included) would agree with you. Japan and America HAVE had a special relationship since we settled our differences and we found that together we truly are INCREDIBLE!

I for one would welcome the ENTIRE Japanese population INTO America. WE... yes WE, could learn a lot from their dedication and hard work. Couple it with our ingenuity, get rid of government interference in our lives and watch as together we could come up with a real solution for this fine mess we are all in now.

Think about it... Where WOULD the world be now, without our special relationship.. Not just where we are now... but where we COULD be.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
If I were to have assets and other mean of income......I'd would give 1/3 of it to the children of Fukushima

even better.....if I were a millionaire, I would open a fosterhome or an orphanage and adopt 10 chidlren right away.
That is.....If my wish were to come true.

If I was Bill Gates I would donate over half of my assests to children's hospitals and medical research and I would pay any family in Japan right now enough money to move out of that country

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join