It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ominous black birds.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Almost a year ago to this day, I saw something that was probably just a coincidence, but it was odd enough to stick in my mind permanently. So I thought I'd share.

This is what happened:

I'm outside one morning, in the back of my mother's house where there is a small parking lot. I notice a dead bird on the pavement. I go and check it out. Nothing out of the ordinary. The next day, the dead bird is gone - presumably dragged away by the local cats. One thing I noticed is that the bird's carcass left a stain on the pavement.

A week later, I'm in the back again, smoking a cigarette - just sort of staring off into the sky. What happens next is something I've never seen before, but I'm sure it's a common natural occurence.

I watched as 2 "black birds" swooped down from opposite angles, and with extreme precision they ambushed a smaller bird, killing it in mid-air no more than 15 feet from the ground. It happened in the blink of an eye, but I saw every detail. These black birds weren't simply chasing behind the smaller bird. They ambushed it from two different directions, converging precisely for the "kill shot." They displayed some impressive aerial acrobatics to say the least.

What struck me the most is not only the ability of these black birds to work together like this, but the fact that the smaller bird landed precisely on top of the stain left by the first dead bird. Not even an inch off target. What are the odds?

So clearly one could see some sort of symbolism in this event, and like I said, it was probably just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Are black birds related to crows. because crows and members of its family(ravens for example) have been deemd smart enough to be self aware as well as they are the only birds ever known to display team work capabilities. which shows that they may actualy be some of the smartest non human animals alive today

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ravens often travel with wolves - I don't mind their company

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's funny you posted this I was just reading an article today about the black birds attacking people in the city where I live.Black Birds attacking people in Grand Rapids

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nothing paranormal about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Probably a homing pigeon
Or maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

I'm not sure if they were just common black birds or crows, or what the difference is. Their attack definitely seemed premeditated, almost vicious.

reply to post by Night Star

Maybe could've posted this in a better forum - but it literally felt like one of those "glitch in the matrix" type of things (the bird landing precisely where the one before it had landed.) Deja vu, etc. Probably just a coincidence. But what if it wasn't? The closet schizo in me wants to believe the latter.

edit on 16-7-2011 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It is a sign
You will need to have mods change your screen name
You have been deemed
Smokes With Black Birds
Accept this position with pride
and expect many more sightings while enjoying tobacco.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Hi, Xiphias.

Normally I wouldn't be replying to a thread of this sort (or even reading it, not after the past four years of reading, on and off, this website), but I think your experience is meaningful enough to just let you know that birds in general, but some more than other, are far, far more intelligent and complex than most people can even begin to fathom.

You don't know me, so I feel I should point out that I am the opposite of a superstitious person. Normally I would be the first one to blast silly superstitions regarding the behavior of birds and other animals.
I love nature and have spent most of my adult life surrounded by it, by choice, often in extreme - and I mean extreme - conditions.
And because I am familiar with nature and its "pulse", I know that animals have very complex and sophisticated modes of communication. Most of these are "Greek" to most people. That's okay. What's not okay is to dismiss the possibility - or rather, the likelihood - that humans understand VERY little of what is going on in nature, conforming instead its rhythms to the extremely limited human perception. And to do this in the name of reason (as in intellectual "progress") is sheer madness and the opposite of a scientific approach.

I don't know what those birds you saw were up to, but I have seen situations involving animals where strange "coincidences" just kept piling up. To name just on example, shy wild birds flying like crazy through an open window into an urban home - in the middle of the city - three days in a row, when they had NEVER done that before in the 20 years the houseowners had been living there. The fourth day something happened that I don't feel at liberty to discuss even though it it would be an anonymous account. Maybe I should not have mentioned t, but there you go. Sue me.

Oh, one more thing. If you're ever near a crow and feel nervous, don't be afraid to talk to it (nicely!
).
They understand what humans are saying.
There are people - intelligent, knowledgeable people - who will say they actually talk back to people.
But people of course are too dumb to understand anyone except themselves.

edit on 16-7-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

I've watched red tailed hawks take down wood ducks(wish I had a camera) I watched the male swoop in and dive beak first at the hawk to free its' mate. Blackbirds can be nasty along with Blue Jays.
Sparrows will pester and attack crows and blackbirds until they leave.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

the members of the Corvidae family tend to be very territorial

they are Veeerry smart

a raven or crow is also a very good tutelary totem animal to have

here's a vid where they are seemingly provoking a fight, perhaps hoping to feast on the loser

edit on 17-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

EDIT to add re your "closet schizo" and some post referencing peti mal on your "dana-social experiment" thread
i would like to point out that those able to perceive the hidden side of creation are often deemed insane, by the blind who lack "the eye single".

don't pander to that
and keep your own council. [not saying you shouldn't post these things just a friendly reminder that in the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is often targeted.]

so don't

edit on 17-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by xiphias

Are black birds related to crows. because crows and members of its family(ravens for example) have been deemd smart enough to be self aware as well as they are the only birds ever known to display team work capabilities. which shows that they may actualy be some of the smartest non human animals alive today

Not true. They are not the only species of bird that work in unison. There are too many to count. Many predatory birds that mate for life hunt in tandem. Bluejays frequently work as a unit. Just another example or 2 of bird intelligence... In Britain the European Blue Tit peels the tinfoil off milk bottles and pigs out on the cream. The Gila Woodpecker actually carves a scoop out of tree bark and uses it to scoop honey out of beehives and carry it home to its young. The African grey parrot can associate words with their meaning and even intelligently(not mimicry) use short sentences. One asked Jane Goodall, "Got a Chimp?" because he saw her with a picture of a chimpanzee.

Crows are intelligent but they aren't in the same league as far as intelligence goes as many other animals. Crows are extremely smart but their intelligence is rivaled by numerous other birds. ANd depending on which research study you pull from crows are generally top 15 in the animal kingdom in intelligence tests. Orangutangs, Chimpanzees, Bottlenose Dolphins, elephants, pigs, rats and octopus are generally considered to be the most intelligent members of the animal kingdom. I did not include their various subspecies which are considered more intelligent as well. Crows are smart and some species are extremely intelligent, like the ones in Japan that drop walnuts in front of moving cars to crack the nuts... But they aren't in the same league as most of the other animals listed.

TO the OP, no real symbolism here. Birds often coordinate and attack in unison. So perhaps your two dead birds landed in the same spot because the attacking birds have coordinated their deadly aerial ambush ballet and performed the ambush so many times on the same group of birds that their ambush point is often in the same place which would be why your birds dropped in the same spot.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Very interesting post. I would imagine the precision is from practice. I have three crows who choose to remain close to my yard year round. For some reason they seem to have opted out of the normal migratory flocks years ago. Funny that there are three of them, I wonder if they are siblings or two parents and an adult offspring. I've noticed them to be creatures of habit. Perhaps what you witnessed with those black birds is a habit of sorts. A rather ugly one at that. This past winter I saw the three crows engage in what appears to be a snowball fight. One kept picking up little broken up bits of snow and ice and chucking it at the other two. They all appeared to be playing.

I have a natural aversion to crows and blackbirds. I have loathed them since childhood probably because my mom comes from a superstitious people and she always regarded then as omens of evil. Since the three crows consider themselves permanent residents of my street I've just had to put aside such superstition and accept these odd neighbors as just like any other part of nature. I can't very well go through every single day worrying something dreadful is going to happen because I've seen a crow in my yard. After all, I see them nearly every morning!
edit on 19-7-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

new topics

top topics

join