It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Supernatural by Graham Hancock

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Just started a book written by a guy I work with, it's called The Elder Worlds, written by Seth Kernin.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Matrimony - Samael Aun Weor

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm reading Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. He is by far my favorite author, and a wonderful storyteller.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just finishing up Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. An amazing book, much better than DaVinci in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just finishing The Civil War as a Theological Crisis, by Mark Noll. The title might sound kind of dreary but it is actually quite an interesting read.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Currently reading Michelle Remembers by Michelle Smith and Lawrence Pazder, M.D.

Totally freaky. This poor girl went through some hardcore pyschological/physical trauma. But I found it important to read.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I like History now and have Whittaker's History of Electricity
and Aether on order from amazon and recently printed by
Barns and Nobel.

Guess they know whats HOT.

Filling in the blanks of History is William R. Lyne and his "Pentagon Aliens"
which fills in a lot since around 1900 to the present and printed since 1993.

Books on Nickola Tesla are always a good reread but its the missing
science that may be uncovered some day is something to look
forward to.

UFO books are great but just rehash old History since 1945 and give
a survey of saucer craft development as done by Henry Stevens in
one of his books.

Right now I have 50 WWII movies and documentaries to view on a DVD
Collection to see a video History. I just wonder what else was going on
and if the first man/woman to fly a blitz craft will ever be known.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Only Revolutions - Mark Z Danielewski

So far, I think his other novel, House of Leaves is much more enjoyable. We'll see, I'm not too far into this one yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just bought every Dune book authored by Frank Herbert, and started those. I've been told the works by his son aren't that good so i'll hold off on them untill i finish these, which should be a while since none of them are shorter than 500 pages, and there's 6 of them.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just finished reading Deception Point by Dan Brown, and now I am reading, Down To This by Shaugnassy Bishop-Staal.

An amazing book.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The Dirt (The Motley Crue autobiography)

3rd time reading it.

Great book, never gets old.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"Next" by Michael Chrichton. OK so far not outstanding though.

"The Throwback" by Tom Sharpe. Extremely funny.

I usually have at least two books on the go at any one time.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The Art of War by Sun Tzu

and since my totally awsome history teacher recomended it ill be reading 1984 next.
after that i was thinkin of skimming my copy of grays anatomy.

then (nerd alert) the deathly hollows of course it had to be harry potter

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am currently reading The Mermaids Singing by Val McDermid.

Link

Up till now, the only serial killers Tony Hill had encountered were safely behind bars. This one's different - this one's on the loose. In the northern town of Bradfield four men have been found mutilated and tortured. Fear grips the city; no man feels safe. Clinical psychologist Tony Hill is brought in to profile the killer. A man with more than enough sexual problems of his own, Tony himself becomes the unsuspecting target in a battle of wits and wills where he has to use every ounce of his professional skill and personal nerve to survive.

-tts

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Right now I'm currently reading the 5th book in the Gunslinger series by Stephen King.

It took me forever to get through the first four, and this one is taking just as long. I like the stories, just right now, they are not capturing my interest.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I used to only read books to educate myself. After twenty years of education I finally decided that there is more to life than becoming smart.

I just finished....

Dean Koontz - Cold Fire

Book Synopsis:

Teacher Jim Ironheart, aptly named, is sent by forces unknown to save chosen people in life-threatening situations. By chance, a young but jaded reporter stumbles onto his missions, and joins him to investigate who is controlling him and why. Shared nightmares begin to point to an extraterrestrial influence, and the pair are forced to confront Ironheart's forgotten past for answers. Koontz ( The Bad Place , LJ 12/89), a master at maintaining mystery and suspense, weaves themes from earlier novels into this latest thriller. Even if the ending calls to mind DuMaurier and Hitchcock, Cold Fire contains all the ingredients--likable characters, nail-biting suspense, and above all, unlimited imagination--that will please Koontz's fans.

I'm in the middle of this book.

Dean Koontz - Hideaway

Book Synopsis:

YA-- Koontz's latest thriller sits at the intersection of the weird and the ordinary. Once again, he explores a ``what if'' scenario in a most satisfying fashion. In this case, a near-death survivor accidentally carries a piggy-backing evil spirit through an open door from the afterlife. Hatch Harrison, the typical good-guy hero, is revived by a brilliant team of doctors more than an hour after drowning. Strange visions and half-waking dreams soon convince him that his recovery is not at all normal. His fears are soon magnified when people who have annoyed him are murdered, and he knows that he is somehow responsible. Paralleling the story of Hatch's recovery is the unfolding revelation of a young man so evil that ordinary people cannot imagine his existence. As he skulks about selecting victims to murder and mutilate, a bizarre bond develops between the two men. Gory incidents tumble one after another as the two men become locked in first a psychic and then a physical battle between good and evil. The violent climax is symbolically set in an abandoned amusement park where at last the true duel identity of the murderer is revealed. Once again, evil is resoundingly defeated, but as any Koontz fan knows, the victory is only temporary.

I'm bent on reading all his books! They all deal in the supernatural and are very good!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A translation of the Nag Himadi Library.
different and unique perspective on Christianity.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Paradigm Wars

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress

Picked it up yesterday and finished most of it so far. Half decent. Withhold further comments until I finish it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join